Great Ride, Bad Ending.

BlueBomber
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

Great Ride, Bad Ending.

#1 Unread post by BlueBomber »

I finally felt confident in some of my curves and headed for the twistys.

Had a lot of fun zooming around farms and lakes and such all damn day, came home and got gas, left went to the pier, went to leave the pier and...i have no idea how...I guess we'll call it a low side.

wouldn't have been a big deal, except my left leg was trapped under the rear tire and I just could NOT (without resting and calming down first) get my leg out from being pinned. Not a single Cager helped me, but two sport bike riders cut around the stalled traffic (that was just watching me and waiting for me to get up and out of their way) and helped me move the bike off my leg (and they were nice enough to pick it up for me, so I could tend to my nerves and check myself for wounds)

They made sure I was okay (and I am) and took off, thanks myster sporty riders.

Damage to bike: the front left turn signal's cover popped off, I put it back on - no problems there I guess.

There's a 1" x 1.5" spot of road rash on my tank, part of the emblem is...eroded? Shift lever is bent up and right an inch or 2.

once I bend the lever back the only problems to the bike are cosmetic.

Damage to me: I was wearing full gear. thankfully.

my left hip will have a bruise, it's sore. my left inside shin and calf hurt like HELL. I'm sure I've got some shin splints, but I can walk on it and such, it's just sore right now, and will probably be all kinds of ugly tomorrow.

I'm going to go take a nice bath, and take my cage to get some ice cream I think.

yes, my pride may hurt more than anything today.

\/\/
Suzuki Boulevard M50 - Bright Blue

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

#2 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Ouch... Glad you weren't hurt worse and that was awesome of the fellow bikers to lend a hand.

Get well soon!

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#3 Unread post by Shorts »

Hey Blue, sorry to hear of the wipeout. People suck - the ones that didn't bother to even ask if you needed help. Glad the other two riders came over to assist.

I totally feel your pain, literally. One of my drops this weekend landed on my left leg partially, I got some sexy bruises on my calf - they are huge! (the bruises, not my calf muscle), and my left hip was achey as well.

At any rate, rest up and feel better soon! :getwellsoon:

The549
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#4 Unread post by The549 »

Glad you're ok, and here's another thanks to the riders that helped you out. Kinda sad that no one got out of their cars to help you, but that's just how it is sometimes, or so it seems.

Let us know how you're doing tomorrow too!

Sicko
Elite
Elite

#5 Unread post by Sicko »

Sorry to hear about the drop. Glad you're OK. :)

Flesher
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#6 Unread post by Flesher »

Glad you're allright, too bad about not getting any help, that must have been awful and frustrating to be trapped, but at least the two riders came to your aid.

When you've had some time to shake this off and you have some time to reflect it would be interesting to hear what you think caused the mishap.

BlueBomber
Elite
Elite

#7 Unread post by BlueBomber »

Thanks for the support guys.

I'm really more upset that it happened, because I remember going "oh "poo poo", this turn isn't happening right" But I (and the bikes behind me) didn't really get a good idea for why or how i went down in the exact way that i did.

Also i'm upset at exactly how I landed, leg trapped and all. had my leg been forward a few more inches I would be much less sore, and I could have gotten up on my own.

Oh well. I figure I'll be all bruised up tomorrow, and I'll show you the bruises, also I'll show you my boots where the leather is partially chewed up in a couple spots (ATGAAT people!)

\/\/
Suzuki Boulevard M50 - Bright Blue

Nalian
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2011/BMW/F800R

#8 Unread post by Nalian »

Sorry to hear you went down. I had the same thing happen with no one stopping to help. Hope you feel better soon!

flw
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: '98 Honda Goldwing GL1500se

#9 Unread post by flw »

Like Michelle above, same thing basically happend to me and no help was to be found. Good thing you were not pinned under your pipe as well.

Glad nothings broken, bruises and sprains just take time to heal.

Speaking of yesterday, my oldest son knocked over my bike in the garage. Windshield and tank scrapped. Turn signals and shifter escaped somehow. I assume I don't have 100% of the details :evil:
Goldwing 1500se '98
VN500 LTD '07 Sold

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#10 Unread post by storysunfolding »

People can be jerks. BlueMonkie fell over in her parking lot and had her foot caught up in the wheel well with the motorcycle running on top of her. She was crying and making a scene.

She paged me on my comm system and I came flying back, pulled into the parking lot and came across a whole group of people not 5 feet away JUST WATCHING HER. :frusty:

I don't understand what comes over people when a bike is around but it's typically either ultimately awesome (riders) or utmost stupidity (the sheep in the cages... BAAAAAA)

Sorry to hear about your bike, do you think that you caught gravel or something? It's good to hear that you're ok. It's better a battle scar on the bike than you!
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars