Bikers unite. "help a brotha out"
[img]http://r2.fodey.com/178a00a236ae9408ea0fec7711f874423.1.gif[/img]
V-TWIN fo lyfe

BlueBomber
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

#12 Unread post by BlueBomber »

I looked over my bike a bit better, and I looked at the scene of my accident as well, and it makes a lot more sense to me now, though not entirely.

I realized that the problem was that my front end gave out, not my rear.

I believe I was turning the bars (not countersteering, because of the VERY slow speed) and then gained speed too quickly, without straightening the bars fast enough. The one thing I did know about my accident, was that I was panicked BEFORE I fell, because I pulled out when it was clear, only to have an SUV pull out a little further down the line, that needed to REALLY accelerate in order to have the room to do so, causing me mid-turn to not pay the attention i should to taking a smooth turn, and instead making me pay attention to getting out of the way of a barreling SUV.

I got out of the way all right, and then immediately into the road near it.

my bars were turned full lock to the left after I started going down, you can tell because the rubber/plastic guard that sits where the clutch meets the cables and the bar has a bit of a gouge in it, but nowhere else on the bar, so the bar had to be facing that direction.

I feel pretty sore right now, I'm not sure how much of it is from the fall, and how much is just my muscles from the longish ride yesterday (such as my abdomen feeling like it had a lot of workout)

Also, no bruises. Were you to just see my body you'd be like "wow, that's hardly a SCRATCH" but it's deep tissue pain, and it hurts pretty bad. Luckily I can feel that it's getting (a very small amount) better instead of worse.

Thanks for your thoughts and concern everybody, I'll be back out there soon, I just need to let my body rest so I don't hurt myself even more though.

\/\/
Suzuki Boulevard M50 - Bright Blue

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#13 Unread post by Shorts »

Blue, just a thought since you said you think it was your front tire that jinxed you, check your tire psi. While you were pretty preoccupied with the SUV, a low tire psi might have enabled a wash out.

BlueBomber
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

#14 Unread post by BlueBomber »

Shorts wrote:Blue, just a thought since you said you think it was your front tire that jinxed you, check your tire psi. While you were pretty preoccupied with the SUV, a low tire psi might have enabled a wash out.
I already added that to the list of "things to pay attention to when my body feels up to riding again"

I've got to straighten the shift lever, straighten and tighten my mirrors, all your standard TCLOCKS stuff, and a few other deals..

\/\/
Suzuki Boulevard M50 - Bright Blue

Flting Duck
Elite
Elite

Re: Great Ride, Bad Ending.

#15 Unread post by Flting Duck »

BlueBomber wrote:I finally felt confident in some of my curves and headed for the twistys.
I suppiose that may have contributed to what happened to you because the moment you relax is the same moment you become dangerous to yourself and others.

But , don't worry about it. you had a spill, survivied and learned somthting from it - and you are that much wiser for it.

As the old saying goes: "Experience teaches us something that we wish we didn't have to learn."
93 BMW K1100LT "The Green Hornet"
91 BMW K100RS 4V "Kato"
IBA #17739 (SS1K, BBG, 50CC)