LADIES - Too bad it isnt a full face helmet!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#31 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Nalian wrote:Why isn't it a members only forum like the other usergroups?
Hi Nalian,

The Ladies Lounge was always meant to be a friendly, public forum for the ladies. It's important it's public because there are a lot of lady riders or ladies who are interested in riding out there on the Internet and value your discussions and advice here. If I made it private then they can't see/read or benefit from all your posts here.

I do agree that this is your forum and if the fellows want to contribute something positive they should. If the guys disrupt your discussions with anything you feel is negative, sexist, abusive or not on topic then it's important to notify a moderator or me so we can fix it all up. :D

Making the forum private will segregate female riders from male riders and Total Motorcycle was made to appeal to all riders, regardless of what or where they ride. It's been though enough for ladies to successfully break into the main stream riding culture, motorcycle clothing lines and motorcycles designed for them, but you as women riders have done that all, successfully! :D

Hopefully you decide not to stop now. You know we all support you.

:budhug:

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Nalian
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2011/BMW/F800R

#32 Unread post by Nalian »

That makes sense - although I'm surprised that there isn't a way to make a forum viewable by all but only postable by memberlist.

It's not that I think that the ladies should be separated - I work with all guys, ride with all guys except Veda, and like 90% of my friends are guys. I can certainly take a ribbing and don't mind it. :D But I do think its easy for guys to mistakenly post in here if they use "view new posts" - and as we've all seen some people just can't help themselves.

No worries either way.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#33 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Nalian wrote:That makes sense - although I'm surprised that there isn't a way to make a forum viewable by all but only postable by memberlist.

It's not that I think that the ladies should be separated - I work with all guys, ride with all guys except Veda, and like 90% of my friends are guys. I can certainly take a ribbing and don't mind it. :D But I do think its easy for guys to mistakenly post in here if they use "view new posts" - and as we've all seen some people just can't help themselves.

No worries either way.
I totally see your view and know what your trying to get across. :D

In the start, we had that same issue come up about the "view new posts" and guys not knowing the Ladies Forum was, well, for the ladies. It's been a lot better since then as when it was introduced it was treated more like a "normal forum for everyone with a female slant". Now it's truely a Ladies Forum... Oh, and that's one of the reasons for the name "The Ladies Lounge" so guys would know it's for the ladies. :D

I also can edit the Introduction of the Ladies Lounge too if you (or any lady members here) have anything they wish to add/remove to it. :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#34 Unread post by blues2cruise »

NightNurse wrote:I didnt have gloves on, guess I was asking for it!!!

Not only did I get stung, got a swollen hand, my hands were tan - the rest of me very pale LOL! Good lesson learned :P.
If you ever experience a stone being thrown from a passing truck wheel onto your hand.....you will never ride without gloves. OMG....that hurt so much....and I had gloves on. I couldn't imagine how much worse it would have felt on bare hands.

Have you had the pleasure of having a bee or big fly commit suicide on your face? Now that is painful....and wet. :shock: My visor was up, but I had sunglasses on....there must have only been a total of almost an inch of skin showing....and of course the bee hit right between the glasses and the helmet. :roll: I seem to recall having to pull over to wipe the goop off so it wouldn't drip down into my eye.
I had the visor down for most of the rest of the way until we got near home.

NightNurse
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#35 Unread post by NightNurse »

blues2cruise wrote:
NightNurse wrote:I didnt have gloves on, guess I was asking for it!!!

Not only did I get stung, got a swollen hand, my hands were tan - the rest of me very pale LOL! Good lesson learned :P.
If you ever experience a stone being thrown from a passing truck wheel onto your hand.....you will never ride without gloves. OMG....that hurt so much....and I had gloves on. I couldn't imagine how much worse it would have felt on bare hands.

Have you had the pleasure of having a bee or big fly commit suicide on your face? Now that is painful....and wet. :shock: My visor was up, but I had sunglasses on....there must have only been a total of almost an inch of skin showing....and of course the bee hit right between the glasses and the helmet. :roll: I seem to recall having to pull over to wipe the goop off so it wouldn't drip down into my eye.
I had the visor down for most of the rest of the way until we got near home.
Yuck!! No but Im constantly wiping bugs off my visor :D. With as many bugs as hit me, I have NO idea how my bf rides without a helmet! He never wears one, knows my thoughts - I gave up on pushing it...

Anyways, what kind of gloves do you wear? I got some mesh type ones, they fit nicely. Mens size small. I found some ladies ones I really like, but they are 60$! Joe Rocket I think.

blues2cruise

#36 Unread post by blues2cruise »

My favourite gloves are my Power Trip ones. I paid a $100. CDN for them. They are waterproof and so very comfy....but they also have a few semi armoured parts over the knuckles.

Apollofrost
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#37 Unread post by Apollofrost »

I'm thinking about getting one of these

It's prettyful.
I'm starting a petition to cull narrowminded dull people - be afraid Peter, be very afraid....
-Anonymous

blues2cruise

#38 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Yes, it is nice. I'm glad I don't have to pay that much to get a decent helmet.

Apollofrost
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#39 Unread post by Apollofrost »

It's the only one that fits me, but protecting my head is worth every dollar.
I'm starting a petition to cull narrowminded dull people - be afraid Peter, be very afraid....
-Anonymous

blues2cruise

#40 Unread post by blues2cruise »

If it was all I could find, then I would be forced to pay that as well. I can find a helmet for $300 that fits well and is Schnell certified.