Ladies' Lounge as a members-only forum?

Should the "Ladies Lounge" be restricted to approved lady members?

YES
32%
NO
68%

Total votes: 19

NightNurse
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#11 Unread post by NightNurse »

I dont care if guys post and or read in here, as long as it isnt negative crap. Who the heck cares if a female in here likes Hello Kitty, or something else you may consider girlie and absurd - get over it.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

As Loonette mentioned I would indeed like to keep the forum Public, so I voted NO. (I can vote too..haha)

When you make a forum like this private or even semi-private it's hard to administer and like FLW mentioned, there is no guarantee you get the "right" people in your forum. Besides that, private forums do not get the exposure, or achieve the level of success a public forum can. Over 900,000 visitors view the forums every month, many of them women and I'm sure they find the Ladies Lounge very valuable information. There is not as many resources on the net as useful as this one and I'd like to see the Ladies Lounge to be as supportive and successful as possible. :D

Remember that the Ladies Lounge isn't a 100% ladies clubhouse, it's about discussing issues, questions and topics that are female oriented or ladies find important to discuss. Like NightNurse has sugggested I don't personally have a problem with guys posting in here at all, as long as their (both male and female) posts are following the useful, helpful and friendly TMW moto.

:D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I wanted to add... As this forum is setup for being female oriented if you wish to change the introduction thread, the forum title or even it's description, you CAN. All you need to do is discuss it in a thread here let me know the outcome. :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#14 Unread post by storysunfolding »

Mike-

Thanks for your input. I have to say, for some reason you make so much more sense with the new avatar. I can't put my finger on why though.

For the rest of us jokers-

It looks like it's best to leave things as they are and deal with trouble makers as need be. If I had the power of moderation, I'd have all your backs. Since I lack it- I still have your backs with the power of tattling. :laughing:

To me the title of this forum and the stickies make sense- I like everything the way it has been. I guess I'm a traditionalist.
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

Loonette
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#15 Unread post by Loonette »

totalmotorcycle wrote:I wanted to add... As this forum is setup for being female oriented if you wish to change the introduction thread, the forum title or even it's description, you CAN. All you need to do is discuss it in a thread here let me know the outcome. :D

Mike
When I used to be a moderator, you had asked if the moderators of the Ladies Lounge would add the word "Ladies" to the beginning of every thread title that showed up in the forum. I used to do that, but no longer have the ability. Maybe Blues and Lion Lady could be persuaded to continue with the original request of adding "Ladies" to the beginning of thread titles. That way (as it was originally explained), people would know that the thread was geared more towards the ladies.
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

Veda
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#16 Unread post by Veda »

+1 to adding "Ladies" at the front of the thread titles.

I think a lot of guys do post in these threads unintentionally. As a result they post irrelevant information or use the tone they'd use with their guy friends. If it was very clear they were in a ladies thread I think most of the guys would respond more appropriately.

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#17 Unread post by Shorts »

Hmm this is a toughie. I would like to keep it open so new ladies and interested can share information. However, I have seen a ladies forum on another board and the guys often go in to harass or throw threads of track. I'd hate for our board to get that way. Is there some kind of post option where we can "neuter" any males who harass us in our own forum?? :mrgreen:

I do like how our guys here can make a relevant or contributory post or ask questions for their ladies.

flw
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: '98 Honda Goldwing GL1500se

#18 Unread post by flw »

Shorts wrote:Hmm this is a toughie. I would like to keep it open so new ladies and interested can share information. However, I have seen a ladies forum on another board and the guys often go in to harass or throw threads of track. I'd hate for our board to get that way. Is there some kind of post option where we can "neuter" any males who harass us in our own forum?? :mrgreen:

I do like how our guys here can make a relevant or contributory post or ask questions for their ladies.
For that you would need a mod specifically for this forum (you create a challenge and someone will rise to it) and you still have the issue of the trolls changing their ip's and mac addresses to get around any banning or limiting. I use to mod several computer network boards and each filter can be over come by any jerk with a little knowledge. Its a hassle just keeping run of the mill jerks off the board. Reporting the offender by other users, is the most effective since the mods do miss some posts that are way over the line. It also assures that its just not the mod misunderstanding the thread if some one else also sees it as over the line.

That's why I thought making it clear who's who (Such as flw-M or some method that is short and easy to determine quickly) and reports jerks to the mods/admins is in line with the rest of the board. flw-m
Goldwing 1500se '98
VN500 LTD '07 Sold

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#19 Unread post by Shorts »

flw wrote:
For that you would need a mod specifically for this forum (you create a challenge and someone will rise to it) and you still have the issue of the trolls changing their ip's and mac addresses to get around any banning or limiting. I use to mod several computer network boards and each filter can be over come by any jerk with a little knowledge. Its a hassle just keeping run of the mill jerks off the board. Reporting the offender by other users, is the most effective since the mods do miss some posts that are way over the line. It also assures that its just not the mod misunderstanding the thread if some one else also sees it as over the line.

That's why I thought making it clear who's who (Such as flw-M or some method that is short and easy to determine quickly) and reports jerks to the mods/admins is in line with the rest of the board. flw-m

That sounds fair enough.

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#20 Unread post by KarateChick »

The moderators in here already do a good job. It's nice to keep this forum open for Mike's various reasons and the other points brought up by other members. And many of the guys that post in here have been good about it so no worries.
Ya right, :wink: there are only 2 kinds of bikes: It's a Ninja... look that one's a Harley... oh there's a Ninja... Harley...Ninja...

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/KarateChick_2006/IMG_1245_1.jpg[/img]