Ladies- I've never been a victim of fashion...

storysunfolding
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

Ladies- I've never been a victim of fashion...

#1 Unread post by storysunfolding »

... but my g/f likes me to look cute. :wink:

I'll admit that I'm a bit color blind. There aren't really more than 10 colors, people are totally pulling wool over my eyes.

That said I need to decide on a jacket color

I havethis helmet in red

This bike not mine but same color

And want this jacket in yellow blue or red What color would you go with?

I kind of like red- but I don't want to blend in with my bike. I'd like my jacket to help me stick out and be more apparent on the road. Unless it would look horrible blue or yellow would be the way to go as white gets dingy and grey just fades into the background. The pants will be black... because i can't find pants I like in any other color :laughing:

I posted in here because I'm obviously looking for a finer touch- what do you think?
Last edited by storysunfolding on Fri May 11, 2007 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

Apollofrost
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#2 Unread post by Apollofrost »

I'm a guy, but I'll say red.
I'm starting a petition to cull narrowminded dull people - be afraid Peter, be very afraid....
-Anonymous

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#3 Unread post by blues2cruise »

OK.....I took a look at your options. If you are looking for high visibility then the yellow jacket.
However, if you insist on the red helmet, then you would be better off with the red jacket.

The helmet has touches of black and silver in it....The bike has some black and chrome...so it's not like you will look like a big tomato if you get the red jacket. You will look very well coordinated.

Now....if you got the yellow helmet you could then get the yellow jacket.....but....and this is big....yellow also shows the dirt fast.

My first jacket was yellow and black and I was having to wash that jacket too frequently because it showed the dirt so fast.

My current jacket is red....it also shows the dirt...albeit not as fast as yellow. If you are concerned about dirt showing, then a black jacket will be best, and with a red bike, red helmet and black pants, a black jacket will look very good. You could always wear a hi-vis vest for riding and then when you get where you are going, take off the vest and still look cool. :mrgreen:

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#4 Unread post by Shorts »

Yellow since it matches the helmet. You'll be totally hi-vis.

I think the red bike and red jacket sorta makes the helmet look like an afterthought.

And really with a yellow jacket and yellow lid, for all people know your other bike is the one that matches the gear :twisted:

Apollofrost
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#5 Unread post by Apollofrost »

I'm now undecided
I'm starting a petition to cull narrowminded dull people - be afraid Peter, be very afraid....
-Anonymous

Veda
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#6 Unread post by Veda »

I think he said his helmet is red.

If that's the case I would *not* get the red jacket. Chances are the helmet, jacket and bike are not all going to be the same shade of red and it may look funny if they are all different reds. I would go with yellow. Plus contrasting colors is good for visibility.

Loonette
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#7 Unread post by Loonette »

Oh My Maude!! This topic is even too girlie for me!! Why not just have your girlfriend decide for you since she's the one you're wanting to please?

Another example of how this Ladies Lounge is not really for the ladies. I understand that "storysunfolding" is looking for the opinions of the gals (no problem there), but interesting that the first response is from "Kitty" - a guy!!

Anyway... even though it's not a choice, I'd go with black.
Last edited by Loonette on Fri May 11, 2007 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

Nalian
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2011/BMW/F800R

#8 Unread post by Nalian »

Loonette wrote:Oh My Maude!! This topic is even too girlie for me!! Why not just have your girlfriend decide for you since she's the one you're wanting to please?
:laughing: That was my thought too.

Whenever the option is either red or yellow I'd go for yellow.

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#9 Unread post by storysunfolding »

Loonette wrote:Oh My Maude!! This topic is even too girlie for me!! Why not just have your girlfriend decide for you since she's the one you're wanting to please?
With a bike as pretty as yours who cares what your gear looks like. I ride a Vstrom. According to my grandfather, the V-Strom is an offense to all other things ugly :laughing:

She's oked red, yellow and blue. She just can't make critical decisions.
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

Nibblet99
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond

#10 Unread post by Nibblet99 »

storysunfolding wrote:
With a bike as pretty as yours who cares what your gear looks like. I ride a Vstrom. According to my grandfather, the V-Strom is an offense to all other things ugly :laughing:

She's oked red, yellow and blue. She just can't make critical decisions.
Well you can't have all red gear, as "TheCrimsonRider" spot is taken

My apologies, the temptation was just too great :wink:
Starting out responsibly? - [url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=24730]Clicky[/url]
looking for a forum that advocates race replica, 600cc supersports for learners on public roads? - [url=http://www.google.com]Clicky[/url]