Question - maintenance courses

SP-Dee
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Question - maintenance courses

#1 Unread post by SP-Dee »

Good morning sunshines!

Has anyone taken a 1 or 2 day motorcycle maintenance course in their area? Did you find it worthwhile in both knowledge and hands-on? Or did you have someone as a mentor who you could call up, go over with your bike, and show you the little things beginners may need to know.

I admit, I know next to nothing about mechanical anything, and I have questions. Questions I'm not comfortable asking the more experienced BIL about because I feel like he doesn't really want to take the time to fully explain. My partner is a touch more mechanically inclined than I but she is in the same boat.

Can I bombard you ladies here with the silly questions?? OH yes..I did RTFM :) I'm waiting on my order for the clymer manual now.
2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200s

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#2 Unread post by Shorts »

Hey, if you need a mechanical fix it question answered, ask. Both guys and girls on the board here are capable of getting you through am issue or pointing you in the right direction to get it fixed.

I like doing my own work if I can. I'm a fair wrench in the garage I think, I learned it from dad - the son he never had, but I guess I should add that I loved being a to,-boy.

Anyway, welcome to the board. If you need help, just ask.

darsek
Elite
Elite

#3 Unread post by darsek »

I did take a 2 day, ladies-only, motorcycle maintenance class and found it pretty useful. It was great to just see someone do the normal stuff with a bike (put it on the centerstand, clean/lube/adjust chain, change oil, change brake fluid,etc)since I am a complete newb to bikes.
Like Shorts said though, lots of people here will be more than happy to answer your questions so ask away.

flynrider
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: '93 Honda Nighthawk 750

#4 Unread post by flynrider »

You might find this site helpful :

http://www.dansmc.com/mc_repaircourse.htm
Bikin' John
'93 Honda CB750 Nighthawk