LADIES - New Helmet!

IcyHound
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

LADIES - New Helmet!

#1 Unread post by IcyHound »

I posted it in my blog but I have to share some more. Its so pretty and normally I hate flowers!

Its a Shark helmet and I adore the fit. It works for my face much better then my HJC. I found it in Boston when Nalian and I where going to some bike shops. I had wanted a lighter colored helmet as well and something that said female a bit more. I have a blue mirrored visor on it. I had ordered a chrome/silver one but they didn't have that in stock.

Last edited by IcyHound on Wed May 16, 2007 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------
Kawasaki Fangirl
I ride Mantis - Yamaha FZ6

NightNurse
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#2 Unread post by NightNurse »

Gorgeous!!! I love it!!!!!! See we can be girly on bikes lol!

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#3 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Sweet!

darsek
Elite
Elite

#4 Unread post by darsek »

Great helmet, I don't think the shop I usually frequent has Sharks, didn't get to try one on. I like the koi and yin/yang designs.

IcyHound
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#5 Unread post by IcyHound »

Three hours of riding later and my cheeks are a bit sore, understandable with a new helmet. The fit is great, its quieter then my HJC. I also don't get as much wind blowing up under the chin and over my eyes. It has a little bit of a breath guard that really seems to be working for me. Also the jaw area is further away. For some reason in my HJC it was very close and sometimes the wind pushed it back into my lower jaw. That was making me a bit nervous if I went face first. It is also lighter in weight.

The visor change system is a bit different but pretty easy to use once I have a clue. The tint is also VERY dark. I rode into the sun on the way home at sunset and it filtered the light without a problem. I am photosensitive so this was very exciting for me.

The top vent does work. There is a bit of a whistle when its open but I could feel the cool air over the top of my head. The shell also feels a little bit more flexible? If that makes sense. I was pushing on it and I could feel the faintest flex to it.
------------------------
Kawasaki Fangirl
I ride Mantis - Yamaha FZ6

blues2cruise

#6 Unread post by blues2cruise »

My new helmet will be in next week. My other helmet got bonked and has a crack so I needed to replace it. The new line of Shark helmets is great. I got to try one on at the m/c event on the weekend. I ordered a girly one. I've never really been "girly"...feminine, yes, but girly, no.

So, here it is.....

oops....I did something wrong....I'll be back

NightNurse
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#7 Unread post by NightNurse »

Oooh! That is really pretty!

blues2cruise

#8 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Hey, thanks. It has some good features. Like easy on and off visor. And it has a sun visor that slides up and down over the clear one. There is also a decent vent on the top.

Veda
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#9 Unread post by Veda »

That is nice looking. Feminine without being bright pink "look at me a girl!#)(*&!".

The photo makes the visor look funny. Is the face opening like other helmets or is it smaller like it looks in the photo?

blues2cruise

#10 Unread post by blues2cruise »

The opening is the same as others. It probably looks funny because the sun visor is down over the clear visor in the picture.