Rosco and the blogging thereof

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#41 Unread post by roscowgo »

Hrmph. Looks like it didnt take my post. Ah well.

Went for a ride yesterday. 10 hours about 500 miles, and critters. :)

Went and saw dad and grandma on the bike. That was nice. I don't get down there often enough. :(

What is the plural of grouse? Grousings? Grouses? Greeses? At any rate I came within a few inches of wiping a few out. Mama Grouse and about 7-8 little ones. Skidded to a stop in the middle of them on a curve. Mama grouse jumped back, and her little ones all scurried over to cluster around her feet. Mama grouse then decided she needed to teach this large black snarling interloper of a C50 a lesson. She fluffed way up, spread her tail out and start stalking toward me. :laughing: I was meanwhile looking for traffic behind me (was kinda out in the middle of nowhere squared,) trying to put my feet down .... yall ride you know the dance i'm talking about.

I get kinda recovered from that and notice mama grouse is just about to launch herself at me and whup everlovin heck out of me. Did the first thing that came to mind. Opened the throttle wide open. There is a Reason i call her bellerin buelah. mama looked startled and took off. :D I guess loud pipes do save lives. Grouse lives. The little ones scattered for the edges of the road. I waited till they all got away then took off up the road again.

I worried about those critters all day. Did they stay out of the road after that? Did I get one or a few of the babies killed by seperating them from their mama? Did mama grouse set her sights on californey and abandon her little ones? I'm sorry for scaring you off mama grouse. But i didnt want to be flogged by you either.

I can't help but admire mrs. grouse though. When confronted unexpectedly by a huge snarling black beast 100 times her size, her first instinct was to stand and fight for her younguns. I hope they all got back together and are all groused up in a thicket somewhere. :)

noodlenoggin
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: 1995 Ford Thunderbird =-(

#42 Unread post by noodlenoggin »

Yeah...they probably groused about you all day... :doh1:
1979 XS650F -- "Hi, My name's Nick, and I'm a Motorcyclist. I've been dry for four years." (Everybody: "Hi, Nick.")

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#43 Unread post by roscowgo »

Boooo Hisssssssssssssssssssss

heh. You crack me up noodle. :lol:

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#44 Unread post by roscowgo »

Jeeze. It's been awhile eh?

Well since the 14th I've managed to ride once. For about 5 miles. To the dealer and its service dept. Really gotta get a bike lift so I can do these piddlin repairs on my own.

Which by the by, is a crappy ride when your rear wheel leaks a pound of air a minute. Made it and got my new tube though.

May was a crazy month there at the end. And it's still going too. I've had honest to god Vertigo, due to a viral infection of me ears. Thought I was having a damn stroke, so i did the whole ER MRI ct scanned x-rayed poked sampled, prodded, bled, pumped up, wired up, listend to routine. For those of you who are in good health....Nurses and docs both get just a touch edgy when you wander and wobble into the ER complaigning of bad diziness, and tell em you have heart problems and high blood pressure. Oh and you all who have never had an EKG..if you need to....defur yourself beforehand. /shudder

Jen is on her fourth day of a sickness too. Some sort of viral intestinal Flu. And yep she had a flu shot. So did I for that matter. (starts prayin lord not me. pleaaaaaase not me this time. amen) So i've been doing the daddy rosco routine and fetching and carrying for the poor pitiful little thing. Another trip to the ER. They hooked her into a garden hose and refluidized her. She's doing much better now though thank goodness.

Fun fun fun. Sorry if it sounds whiny. And now i'm off to work on one of those 8 hours of driving days. Let's hope I dont suddenly manifest this flu stuff like jen did. You know....one minute doing yoga..the next calling dinosaurs. :laughing:

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#45 Unread post by Shorts »

I hope you guys get to feeling better soon. I've been fighting an ear infection the last several days as well - feels like a wad of cotton balls in my ears, not to mention the stabbing pain on my ear drum and the radiating achiness to my neck and shoulder. I've asked DH to kill me, but he is insulent. :laughing:

:getwellsoon:

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#46 Unread post by roscowgo »

Well I did it. I'm now endored to drive a motorsickle.

No points off on the test.

Poor two guys ahead of me.... one failed outright because he did crazy "poo poo" the other missed failing by one point.

I know I know....MSF. I still plan to go. I'm waiting on the finances to be right.....and for jen to decide if she wants to learn. I think she does, or will at some point. I took her on her second bike ride last night. She said she really really enjoyed it. Made sure to not go over 25 this time :D We saw a racoon. And thats where she said she relaxed. Maybe i should tape a ferrett to the back of my helmet.

And the stinkin WV DMV. My goodness that place must be staffed by the local coalition of recovering brain fungus victims. Took them a good hour and a half......to take my pic. The test itself was done and all my paperwork finished by 12:30. (went on my lunch break. 12 to 1). They took my pic for the new permit at 2 pm. That was with me asking them, pointedly, every few minutes, whether I was in the system. Around 1:50 they traded off this rather sour bueraecratic to her soul hall monitor-esque rotund middle aged woman, for a bouncy friendly and rather attractive hall monitor. She actually went and found where i was hung up in the system. Whee.

Any of yall remember the older bailiff lady on Night Court....thats what the original clerk reminded me of.

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#47 Unread post by roscowgo »

:shock:

Well i had me a lil ol adventure today. Got some kinda bug where my brain said..... roads you havent been down yet. GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO

So i did :D Got lost a few times and had a thoroughly good time. In between rides i was fiddling with the bike. Brake got un-adjusted due to a fresh tube the other day and I set out to "correct" it.

A tip. don't adjust your brakes and head hell for leather into the depths of the wilderness. without your tools.

Needless to say, wound up on the side of a road...in the middle of freaking nowhere, at the bottom of a mountain...with a rear brake that had decided to go into full engagement. Did you know it's exceptionally hard to turn the adjust knob on a c50, when the brake is way overheated, with your bare fingers? well it is. did finally manage to use a stick and push the lever up enough to keep it off the pin the nut moves up and down. :laughing:

for the half hour or so that i sat on the side of this little half paved road i saw 0 cars.....1 deer, 2 snakes, and 4 or one really busy squirell. I was just a touch nervous :D

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#48 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Squirrels make me nervous, too. :laughing: :laughing:

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#49 Unread post by roscowgo »

Hehheheheh.

Jennifer is well along her path into the motorsiclin collective heeeeeheheh.

She went from a slow speed 1 mile ride...one way at that as I had to go pick her up in the car.... to a 40 miler :D I suppose I've gotten used to the abuse the bike puts on my backside.... so when she did our pre-arranged shoulder tap to get me to stop.... i thunked she was dyin or summat. Nope. heh just the seat trying to batter her to death. She was grinning and laughing while she limped around and cussed me the bike the wind the bumps curves hills and other cars though. :lol:

I think the new quiet exhausts keep the intimidation factor down too. I'm gettin the feeling that she wants her own ride. Which is a feeling I can understand perfectly. I won't take her anywhere unless she suits up though....90 degrees and humid? put it on or we aint goin. She's cute in the gear.....it's a touch too big and she looks like a kid in a snowmobile suit.

And finally got my katana up, running and legal....still isn't right though. carbs seriously need cleaned. I'm slowly trying to seafoam the stupid things into being clean. Jen likes the kat. say's it's comfy to her. Is this the part where I grin maniacally and rub my hands together while creating a robot army? My timing is always so off......

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#50 Unread post by Shorts »

lol I remember reading about her first ride :laughing: Better watch what you create, it might be too much for you ;)