Motorcycle Seat Heights

intotherain
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: FZ6

#11 Unread post by intotherain »

this is something i always wanted to know but never bothered searching for. thanks

shane-o
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 17
My Motorcycle: VTR1000

#12 Unread post by shane-o »

not if you live in the rest of the world that uses the METRIC system !!! :)
[url=http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ragingtux.jpg][img]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6403/ragingtux.th.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7103/thhitlerbx91kg4.gif[/img][/url]
By [url=http://profile.imageshack.us/user/su_tux]su_tux[/url]

Jacky0612
Rookie
Rookie

#13 Unread post by Jacky0612 »

Thanks for your information!
8)

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

seats

#14 Unread post by slimcolo »

For me height isnt a prob, but why are so many seats so wide. Looked at new LT (an excellent bike but Jesus like sitting on Shamu the whale) seat is 6 inches lower than my gs but so wide I couldn't gety my feet on ground with out doing splits and sticking knees out. My lazy boy isnt this wide. You can ride 2 up side by side.I mean who are these built for John Gibson and Rosie O Donel. These Lt seats like Gold Wing etc are about 6 inches wider than the Corbin I took off because it was too wide. and this made me realize something------ ppl are telling me that I am a big arse not that I have a big arse. I LIKE TO SIT ON MY SEAT NOT IN MY SEAT
SEE NO EVO
HEAR NO EVO
SPEAK NO EVO

and above all

RIDE NO EVO

Read my blog
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=22842

rwp
Veteran
Veteran

Tip for V-strom buyers

#15 Unread post by rwp »

I found out from the dealer here in Reno that the seats for 650 and 1000cc versions of the V-stroms are interchangeable. This means that if you have a V-strom 1000 or are in the market for one and want a slightly lower seat, the dealer can pull one from a 650 and you've just lost about 3/4 inch. Similarly if you're buying a 650 and want a higher seat, the 1000cc version will fit.

The seats are shaped just a little but differently so the edges will not quite line up perfectly with the bike's bodywork but they're close enough that it's hard to notice unless you look very closely.
GSX1216F

bebopin64
Veteran
Veteran

#16 Unread post by bebopin64 »

good list. needs the kawa versys tho. 33.1"

SPDSTR
Rookie
Rookie

#17 Unread post by SPDSTR »

Loonette wrote:It's hard to believe that I lasted as long as I did when I rode our Yamaha FZ6 (I only have a 28" inseam). Thank goodness for my Meanstreak!!

Cheers,
Loonette
Well I don't think I'll have any trouble fitting on a bike. I'm 6' and have an inseam of 34". Just not sure what my arm reach is though.
I've seen a really short girl on a bike, and it was kinda scary. When she stopped, she was basically on her tip toes, and I swear she couldn't put both feet (well toes for that matter) down at the same time.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#18 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

GOOD NEWS FOR THE VERTICALLY CHALLENGED!
Thursday, March 6th 2008, BMW Press Release, Total Motorcycle, wwww.totalmotorcycle.com

Low Suspension Option Available On 2008 BMW R 1200 GS, R 1200 R and R 1200 RT Models

Woodcliff Lake, NJ - ... Motorcyclists asking for lower seat height... your prayers have been answered. BMW Motorrad is pleased to announce that a new Low Suspension option will be available, beginning in March, on 2008 BMW R 1200 GS, R 1200 R and R 1200 RT models.

The Low Suspension option, which includes the Low Seat option on these models, lowers the seat height to 31.1 inches on the R 1200 GS and to 29.5 inches on the R 1200 R and the R 1200 RT. The Low Suspension option is available as a factory-ordered option at BMW Motorrad retailers for a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $175.

BMW Group In America
BMW of North America, LLC has been present in the United States since 1975. Rolls-Royce Motor Cars NA, LLC began distributing vehicles in 2003. The BMW Group in the United States has grown to include marketing, sales, and financial service organizations for the BMW brand of motor vehicles, including motorcycles, the MINI brand, and the Rolls-Royce brand of Motor Cars; DesignworksUSA, an industrial design firm in California; a technology office in Silicon Valley and various other operations throughout the country. BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC in South Carolina is part of BMW Group’s global manufacturing network and is the exclusive manufacturing plant for all Z4 models and X5 Sports Activity Vehicles and the upcoming X6 Sport Activity Coupe. The BMW Group sales organization is represented in the U.S. through networks of 338 BMW passenger car centers, 335 BMW Sports Activity Vehicle centers, 142 BMW motorcycle retailers, 82 MINI passenger car dealers, and 30 Rolls-Royce Motor Car dealers. BMW (US) Holding Corp., the BMW Group’s sales headquarters for North, Central and South America, is located in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.
Information about BMW Group products is available to consumers via the Internet at:

www.bmwgroupna.com
www.bmwusa.com
www.bmwmotorcycles.com
www.miniusa.com
www.rolls-roycemotorcars.com
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#19 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

Bubba wrote:You don't need charts. You sit on the bike and if your feet are flat on the ground and you are comfortable, that's the right seat height.
Doesn't take a rocket scientist. :laughing:
No need to flat foot. In fact, making that a hard and fast rule limits your choices. Riding a taller bike simply requires forethought when parking or doing slow speed maneuvers.

Check out "The short bike list" http://www.nebcom.com/noemi/moto/sbl.faq.html

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

kingpinman
Rookie
Rookie

Seat Height

#20 Unread post by kingpinman »

Just as an added comment on the new '08 lineup from Victory:

'08 Victory Vision Premium Tour: 26.5"

'08 Victory Vegas Low: 25.2"

These are both new for 2008. Go take a demo ride!