unlike Phileas Fogg I've never kept a log:So here is my blog

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#31 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Looks like nice countryside. When I first read buffs I thought you had a typo for bluffs...then I realized you meant buffalo. :laughing:

Are they wild or on someone's ranch?

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Sex: Male

#32 Unread post by slimcolo »

Ranch, quite tame. I usually don't see the calves though. wanted closer pictures but they were on their side of fence and I on mine, and I respected that.
I saw a cow (wild Bison) attack a Jeep once. (turned it over) Idiot drove to close and scared her calf. But that was the larger plains bison, the mountain ones are smaller like cattle. The National Bison Refuge NP in Montana does not allow bikes or convertables for this reason, but they are "wild"
Last edited by slimcolo on Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#33 Unread post by Wrider »

Love that area to go riding in! When I get my new bike I'll contact you and we'll go riding together! The only thing I'm scared of with Buffs is Boulder... Danged hippies! :laughing:
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

10 JULY 2007

#34 Unread post by slimcolo »

Spent most of day cleaning garage. Still looks like disaster area, but most tools are put up.

Pulled Sporty in garage to fix leaks. Oil tank filler was just gasket. Leaking lifter turned out to be a cracked lifter block. Will see if I can find one locally today, If not I'll have to order.

Also found out about a Evo Sporty (running w/ clear title) for $2500. (of course its in Denver) Been trying to get in touch with owner for two days, all I have is Email address. Friend of mine will probably buy if we ever get in touch with seller.

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

13JULY2007

#35 Unread post by slimcolo »

Not much again. Sporty for sale was sold before I got a hold of the guy. Still haven't ordered parts yet. Riding the Black BMW again. (tonight) Last two days heavy rain and hail, drove truck. Expected the same today so used truck to go to Pueblo, you know it no rain.

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

14JULY2007

#36 Unread post by slimcolo »

Rode by the Creekside show. Poster said 9am-4pm. They were just about packed up (vendors, band everything) at three. About eight bikes in parking lot. Been to bigger BBQs in back yards. 97F then, but the problems were too high of entrance fees and poor advertisement. Also same day as the Lady's run in Fairplay.

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

18July2007 RIDE TO WORK DAY

#37 Unread post by slimcolo »

Well about half hour ago tried a firefox update now I have no firefox, back using IE. yesterday trouble with AOL.

Got parts on order for Sporty. Might be here Friday or Saturday, but probably Monday.

Yesterday I pulled in the 82 Postie and changed the fork seal. (The new one has been sitting on my kitchen table for about a month and a half) as I work and live at the same place I rode to Cafe for breakfast then Rode to Work. (home) If it's fixed now I need to get the 81 running again. (sitting since 27July2005, when I broke my knee)

First I weld op the broken blinker light mount. After installing new battery, I kick and kick.....nothing. Try to push start.....nothing. Pull plug and prime into cyl..........Bingo Try to roll out of garage and 1/2 way out it just stops. A bungee is wraped around brake drum. Takes me for ever to get out but I save bungee and don't cut. (like I don't have like 50 hanging on the wall) Now comes our rain and lastes for about four hours. I'll ride it tomorrow. I now have two licenced and running 110 Step Thrus. Got everything done to 81 in 45min. (not sure if I'll hunt this year but their ready)

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

21JuLY2007

#38 Unread post by slimcolo »

Got email Thursday and parts ordered for Sporty on Monday weren't shipped till Thursday. We have had afternoon or evening rain for last week. (flooding downtown and in Pueblo)

Spent most of Thursday with plumbing problems. Friday doing paperwork, then Saturday on the computer, had to do sys. restore and redo all settings.And reload all programs. (Firefox is working now) Took 3 hours to reload Norton. Missed the whole day of riding. was going to go riding tonite but can't find knee brace.

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

04Aug2007

#39 Unread post by slimcolo »

Due to family emergency I haven't ridden in last few weeks. (I had to go out of town with truck not bike, and no internet access) Sturgis starts tomorrow and I am still not sure if I will be able to go. (choice of four bikes capeable but bike problems are not an issue)
Had some pics to add but seem to have lost my image hosting (boschnetwork) This goes for older images with bosch already in blog. Hopefully only a temp. problem.
Well I did get one pic to work (different image hoster) this is John, one of my old riding buddies from when I lived in Springs 20 years ago, He rode a Yamaha then. This was taken Thursday (02 AUG 2007) Its a 1947 Chief (74ci) with a fresh motor (about 200 miles)
.......................................................................................................
(I removed URL when no longer worked) Slim 03 Sep 2007
......................................................................................................
(man that's a long URL)
John bought this bike from Don (see earlier posts) about 17 years ago. (I didn't have money to buy it myself or would have a year before John) It spent one winter in my garage when John didn't have a garage. He had it running but seized motor in 2005, and now has it rebuilt and running again.
Last edited by slimcolo on Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

01 Sep 2007 STURGIS

#40 Unread post by slimcolo »

Well It's been a while but here is the recap of Sturgis, but having problems with pictures.

Hauled 74 Sporty up to South Dakota because a friend who lives there was going back with an empty space on his trailer. He lives in Faith 101 miles North of Sturgis. Special thanks to members of the CMA (Christian Motorcycle Assn.) who were set up with ice cold bottles of water at most rest stops along the way.

Coming through Sturgis traffic is really down from last year. Upon stopping at the Velodrome, we learn that Sam has still not recovered from a wreck in Daytona, so there was no female rider at the Dome this year. And Charlie don't ride. We arrive, in Faith on Tuesday morning around 0100. Spend Tuesday unloading truck (2 bikes/trailer and 1100# of sweet corn,melons and cantaloupe) and relaxing.

Wednesday we pack up bikes and head to Sturgis. So here I am crossing the plains at 104 F. We are both carrying water but I do not have any sunscreen. (not a good situation for a redhead, I will pay for this for the next week) Takes a while to get there as my friend's bike will only do about 50. (nothing wrong, max speed is 60, on the flat for his 741)

Sturgis is really lame this year. (some say off by 40-50 per. cent) We stay at Manhaven, which is great except for the driveway that is more than a 45 degree climb w/ loose rocks and gravel, real fun in the dark.

Spend the rest of Wednesday and Thursday checking out stuff in town. Meet some of the people that I see every year. Thursday we go to the White Plate Flat Trackers breakfast at the short track. Also go through the Motorcycle Museum. Really to hot to do anything before about 1900, unless It's inside.

On Thursday night we go to the Full Throttle. They have Jackel playing. Their lead singer spends about 10 min. between songs plugging Sthil chainsaws, Dodge trucks and Budwieser. Did see some "lightbulbs" here but not many.

Friday I ride over to visit some friends in Galena, South of Deadwood. Do some other riding around before heading back to Sturgis.

On Saturday we are finally loaded and ready to go by about 1330. The ride back to Faith is rather uneventful. Will have details of ride home to Colorado in next post!
...........................................................................................................
I cannot believe the prices they are charging, even compared to last year. (this includes the Dakota mart as well as the vendors) Up to $4 for a 16 oz water on Main Street.

One Eyed Jack's saloon started a NO-Colors policy this year. This included not only 1%ers like the Hells Angles but any group colors including the CMA and other Christian groups as well. So next year remember to boycott One Eyed Jacks for their discriminatory policies. There are plenty of other places ready and willing to take your money! (Knuckle, Sidehack, Broken Spoke, Gunners, Oasis...ETC)

John Walsh from America's Most Wanted was in Sturgis pretty much bad mouthing bikers especially 1%ers. The city went all out for him allowing his team to run cables across streets and block intersections with his camera. No one else, even press, was allowed to do this in order to film, including the local (Rapid City) TV stations.

Also in attendance were Robby Knevel, and Dale Jr.

Tuesday after the rally the Full Throttle Saloon was raided by the feds. Details were sketchy but seems to be tax related.