The ramblings of mgdavis

mgdavis
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male

#91 Unread post by mgdavis »

I went for a ride with beemerchef, aka Ara, the other day. He's a nice guy, also makes a good cup of coffee. We went up to Hurricane Ridge. It was a good ride, we had some decent weather, just a bit on the cool side. It was interesting talking to a guy who has been living on the road for ten months, it gives him a different perspective on things. He took some great pictures and posted them on his site.
'07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject.
Molon Labe!!!

mgdavis
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#92 Unread post by mgdavis »

Slug slime is a PITA to get off paint, worse on textured plastic, and a real "dog" to get out of cordura riding pants.

I found this mess upon dismounting after a 10 mile ride. Nasty.
'07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
Molon Labe!!!

mgdavis
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#93 Unread post by mgdavis »

I got my girlfriend to fabricate me a bracket to stick my base stickers on. I didn't want to put them on paint or plastic. The bracket is made of .050 (?) stainless steel. I'm going to bolt it up with one of the fender bolts. I'll take pictures and post them up at some point. I can't claim credit for the idea, I stole it from another V-Strom that I saw on McChord.
'07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
Molon Labe!!!

mgdavis
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#94 Unread post by mgdavis »

The CB750 is finally gone. Sold it for $800. I wish I'd gotten more for it, but that's the breaks. I hope he gets it going again.
'07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
Molon Labe!!!

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#95 Unread post by Shorts »

mgdavis wrote:I got my girlfriend to fabricate me a bracket to stick my base stickers on. I didn't want to put them on paint or plastic. The bracket is made of .050 (?) stainless steel. I'm going to bolt it up with one of the fender bolts. I'll take pictures and post them up at some point. I can't claim credit for the idea, I stole it from another V-Strom that I saw on McChord.

hehehe Yeah! That's a good woman. So few of us... 8)

Beemerchef
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 53
My Motorcycle: 1996 GS1100R + Ural sidear attached

#96 Unread post by Beemerchef »

I forgot if you had the windhsield on or off the hack... I just took mine off... WOW!!!... incredible difference... let me know!
I will be in the High Desert soon... welcome to join in for more coffee!!!

Be well... Ara & Spirit
http://www.theoasisofmysoul.com our Blog...

http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/ our Photos...

mgdavis
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

Mileage

#97 Unread post by mgdavis »

As of my last fill, I've gotten an overall average of 56.33mpg, with a high of 61.06mpg and a low of 51.10mpg (first tank). The last fill-up showed 1967 miles on the clock. That was 10 gas stops, eight at Texaco, one at Chevron, and one at Safeway.
I made a spreadsheet that allows me to track it all easily, I'd just post that once in a while if I could figure out how to do attachments.
'07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
Molon Labe!!!

mgdavis
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

One year

#98 Unread post by mgdavis »

It has been just about a year now that I've been riding. I thought I'd have something really insightful to post, but I can't really think of anything.
I'm on my second bike, learned lots, still have lots to learn. I've rode about 3500 miles in 12 months, over half in the last three months. I've not had my crash yet; only laid over a bike once, while backing up. Hopefully I do even better in the coming year.
'07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
Molon Labe!!!

mgdavis
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#99 Unread post by mgdavis »

So... I'm single again, as of three weeks ago. Medium length story. Got lots more free time now, so let me know if you're in the area and want to ride.

On a related note, it sure is strange sleeping alone after 2.5 years of not.
'07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
Molon Labe!!!

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

Re: Mileage

#100 Unread post by ceemes »

mgdavis wrote:As of my last fill, I've gotten an overall average of 56.33mpg, with a high of 61.06mpg and a low of 51.10mpg (first tank). The last fill-up showed 1967 miles on the clock. That was 10 gas stops, eight at Texaco, one at Chevron, and one at Safeway.
I made a spreadsheet that allows me to track it all easily, I'd just post that once in a while if I could figure out how to do attachments.
open up your spreadsheet, hit the print screen button of your keyboard and then paste to MS Paint. Save as a JPG or GIF file, then upload to photobucket. Then you can link it here.
Always ask why.