Rosco and the blogging thereof

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#51 Unread post by blues2cruise »

[quote="roscowgo"]Hehheheheh.

She went from a slow speed 1 mile ride...one way at that as I had to go pick her up in the car.... to a 40 miler :D I suppose I've gotten used to the abuse the bike puts on my backside.... so when she did our pre-arranged shoulder tap to get me to stop.... i thunked she was dyin or summat. Nope. heh just the seat trying to batter her to death. She was grinning and laughing while she limped around and cussed me :lol:

quote]

Have you ever ridden any distance on that little plank that is referred to as a pillion seat?.............Apparently neither have the designers. :mrgreen:

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#52 Unread post by roscowgo »

actually i will sometimes scoot up and back onto the thing...i think about 10 miles is the longest i've done it.

Usually after i've done the freeway bit. no windshield and 80 mph.... umph makes my back just a wee bit tired. Helps that I have the posture of a jellyfish being electrocuted.

We rode to work together today. That was fun. If she's going to ride with me a bunch, until she gets her own sickle....i'm gonna need saddlebags fairly quick to haul her stuff around. had a 30 lb messenger bag around my neck today. Or as I call it, the purse for the purse. riverroad has me covered there i think :D I'm thankful she has good pillion manners. I'm still trying to convince her that she doesnt need to move her whole body to point at something though.

I'm kind of halfassed planning a trip to MD to visit my mom too. week off work...all backroads. Now to figure out When i want to do it. next month hopefully. maybe. possibly. provided nothing gets struck by lightning.

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#53 Unread post by roscowgo »

Uh oh. Ceemes has inspired me.

Of pickup trucks, and bewinged grapefruit exhausted asspears.

Trucks. Oh my lord. Why would you spend thousands of dollars on big mud slingin tires, huuuuge arsed wheels, lift kits, etc etc etc.... to then drive this horribly inefficient behemoth around town? Or worse yet, on the interstate. Are they expecting god to dump a few thousand metric tons of mud into the middle of the road? Are they preparing for the apocalypse and subsequent off roading that is no doubt going to be all the craze amongst the radiation mutated populace? If you want to build up a truck and go slog around in the woods disturbing the wildlife..cool. Can i come? but sheeeeesh. And start using your blinkers before you surf that 48 inches of body roll propped on stilts into my lane. goof ball.

And now for my other confusion.

civics, aspires, neons and sundry. These are not performance machines. Can you dump some money and time into em and get some decent performance? I'm sure you can. People started tinkering as soon as they got thumbs.

An aileron sheet metal screwed into your trunk is not a performance enhancement. It's goofy. And it bashes into your rear window every time you open your trunk. stop it.

Ah yes. That schweet muffler mang. Good. Freaking. Lord. Why? Do you need to smuggle a coconut? You do realize you sound like something you should have chemotherapy for don't you? Ok. maybe you CAN pick up a couple of extra ponies by sticking a less restrictive exhaust on your car. Great. go for it. Oh. Another thing. Your little bewinged gnat-car....isn't a race car. it's got 13 inch tires on it. These are not designed for 4g turns. I don't care if they're low profile. slow down dingleberry. you just slid into my lane.

My last gripe. I'm typing this because you can't hear me. Why can't you hear me you sign? Well it's because you've decided to contort the inside of your eardrums with 190 decibels every time you get into your car. Also. you have no treble. It sounds like you're listening to one really big drum. If you like your music loud..then turn it up. In the meantime, get some midrange and high range speakers. I understand that the air displaced by that many woofers will give you an extra 5 mph...but you've had to strap 3 extra alternators onto your engine, and carry 4 extra marine batteries. Also your liver is bleeding, and your spleen is seeping.

In the end..they're your cars and trucks. Do whatever the heck you want with em. They aren't what you're trying to do with them though.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#54 Unread post by ceemes »

:exactly: Hear hear. :salute:
Always ask why.

Apollofrost
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#55 Unread post by Apollofrost »

Bravo
I'm starting a petition to cull narrowminded dull people - be afraid Peter, be very afraid....
-Anonymous

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#56 Unread post by roscowgo »

Weeelllll I've got my trip tentatively scheduled for next week. At any rate the week off of work will be nice. Woohoo. My first ever real vacation. Sonofa.... what the heck happened to me. Live with my fiance, i've been working as a network admin for half a decade, i'm looking at actual houses, and my first vacation. jesus. when did i grow up?

Jen continues to like the bike. She isn't entirely happy with me going haring off into the distance. eh we'll work that out.

While she's getting to where She asks me to go for a ride.... she still has some issues. Curves for one. Where I start grinning she starts grabbing and doing the sphincter clutch. She has issues with going down hills too. Her brain is telling her that if we go down while going down a hill, she'll tumble and roll all the way to the bottom.

more later once i quit yawnin :D

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#57 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Perhaps you just need to slow down a bit. You know you are in control...but the person on the back has zero control.
I used to ride pillion with someone, but he scared me to the point that I would no longer ride with him. He just would not slow down on the curves and he leaned over so far I always felt like the traction would disappear.....
Just try thinking about it from a pillion's point of view. :)

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#58 Unread post by roscowgo »

Well I do try to blues, I'm a habitual slowpoke. When she's on there I do my level best to make every transition, be it curves, shifting, throttle control, stopping...everything as smooth as i possibly can. I do tend to ride if not faster, more abruptly when I'm alone. Maybe some of that is translating through when I start getting comfy with her on there. Things to think about and practice for sure.
[/url]

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

Holy trippin hippies batman!

#59 Unread post by roscowgo »

Next week I'm planning my first real Trip. I've put that many miles on a bike in a day before. Just never and wound up two states away. I'm a touch nervous.

Here's my rough route. Google map

If it works out that Jen isn't too nervous about it, then I'm planning to start out from here at about 3-4 am. I'm familiar with the first chunk of the trip, I-64 East. At some point it decides to go wandering off into the wilderness though. Whee Wilderness! After that it's pretty much all new territory until I hit 301 cross over the Potomac and into MD. Well little spots of road I've been on before.

Tips from you travelin types? I plan to have my usual laptop bag full of every kind of tool i can think of. and a duffel bag shoehorned in there with a couple of pairs of clothes. My gear is waterproof so no rain suit. I'm Scouring beckley looking for camelbaks, can't find one yet. doing an oil/final drive oil change, general bike inspection sunday. One of those 20 dollar tracphones, disposable camera or two. May look at getting a waterproof power outlet before then too, Stick my xm on the bike and ride with tunes.

I've been riding every possible moment between now and then in an effort to get acclimated to having my butt glued to a seat. I'm 100% willing to stop at an econo lodge or the like if things start getting hazy. Of course this all depends on how Jen feels about it. I'm not averse to puttering around town for a week wearing my short britches and soaking up daytime TV in between 5 years of missed naps. I wouldn't even mind taking her with me, I've got well over 200 hours of vacation time saved up, i think ill ask her if she wants me to reschedule and she come with. maybe by then i'll have some saddlebags so she wont have to hold all the gear in her hands :D

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

Re: Holy trippin hippies batman!

#60 Unread post by jstark47 »

roscowgo wrote:Tips from you travelin types?
If you're not used to it, that's a long-ish day, especially if it's not all interstate. Travelling in June (see dr_bar's trip report), I found out how tiring a 250 mile day of twisties can be. Factor in prolonged heat/humidity, maybe wind. I'd call that about 1 and 1/4 day's worth. Certainly do-able in a day, but better if you have experience coping with that last hour or so when your body is cramped, your brain is fuzzed, and riding isn't really fun anymore.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S