The world according to a woman... on a Z750S

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by KarateChick »

Andrea! Great to see you again and on a new ride - congrats!! Hmmm, TWO blue bikes in the family now hey? :mrgreen:
Ya right, :wink: there are only 2 kinds of bikes: It's a Ninja... look that one's a Harley... oh there's a Ninja... Harley...Ninja...

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/KarateChick_2006/IMG_1245_1.jpg[/img]

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#12 Unread post by sunshine229 »

KarateChick wrote:Andrea! Great to see you again and on a new ride - congrats!! Hmmm, TWO blue bikes in the family now hey? :mrgreen:
Hey KC! I love my new ride - it is so great to have. Yep, now 2 brand new blue bikes in the family...just gotta work on that Harley if we want to keep up with you... ;)
Andrea :sun:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Great photos! :D

So, how is that brake-in period going? I know you just passed your 800km first stage...so what's it like to go to 6,000 rpm now? More power/torque? Does it want to keep going to red line? :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

sv-wolf
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Honda Fireblade, 2004: Suzuki DR650, 201

#14 Unread post by sv-wolf »

Hi Andrea

Love that bike. I was just ogling one down at my local dealers last weekend - matte blue, just like yours - and thinking what a great looking piece of kit it was.

I didn't always feel that way. At first I thought it was an ugly sonofa... but quickly came round. When I'm rich enough to own a stable...

Enjoying the blog, too. Nice to get to know you a little after all this time. I hope you keep posting.

Cheers

Richard
Hud

“Man has no right to kill his brother. It is no excuse that he does so in uniform: he only adds the infamy of servitude to the crime of murder.”
Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

sunshine229

#15 Unread post by sunshine229 »

totalmotorcycle wrote:Great photos! :D

So, how is that brake-in period going? I know you just passed your 800km first stage...so what's it like to go to 6,000 rpm now? More power/torque? Does it want to keep going to red line? :D

Mike
You totally beat me to it........ I was just about to post an update on the break-in period. Woohoo! Now I can go highway speeds!!!

sunshine229

#16 Unread post by sunshine229 »

sv-wolf wrote:Hi Andrea

Love that bike. I was just ogling one down at my local dealers last weekend - matte blue, just like yours - and thinking what a great looking piece of kit it was.

I didn't always feel that way. At first I thought it was an ugly sonofa... but quickly came round. When I'm rich enough to own a stable...

Enjoying the blog, too. Nice to get to know you a little after all this time. I hope you keep posting.

Cheers

Richard
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the sweet note! Yes we have "known" each other for a long time but since I don't post all that often I am kind of a hidden member. I like the blog idea too so that I can try to put myself out there a little more.

I've always loved the look of the Z750S. I am surprised you have made a 180 with regards to the looks. Most of the time if I don't like the looks of a bike it doesn't grow on me and when I love one I don't stop loving it. Anyways, I do love the matte blue colour but I am finding it easy to scratch with my knees when riding so I have ordered a tank bra to help with that.

Andrea :)

sunshine229

#17 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Date: Friday, August 10th, 2007

This was the day of the bittersweet last ride of the ol' Honda. Oh it hurts to get rid of her. She was really sooooooooo good to me. But although I am somewhat emotional about our departure, I have Mike whispering in the background: "You chose her fate. You're the one who bought a new bike." Hmmmmm... Is he too much of a realist? Well, anyways, he was right. Out with the old, in with the new!

Thankfully she has ended up with a really nice young couple who will care for her just like I did. The bike is a 25th birthday present for it's new owner and he is just tickled to have it in his garage now. I wish him the best of luck with the MSF course and his new bike!

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#18 Unread post by High_Side »

The end of an era:

sunshine229

#19 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Date: Saturday, August 11th, 2007

Riding under 90 km/hr is REALLY painful! My goal for the day: Get the bike as close to 800 km's as possible so that I can FINALLY ride it over 4,000 RPM!

Trip of choice: Out to the badlands at Drumheller. We start out at 11 in the morning on an absolutely beautiful late-summer day and head east towards the land of the dinosaurs. We take mostly secondary highways to avoid all the traffic and to go our own speed. We stop upon occasion to take a few pictures and for short rests. The best picture location: we stopped by a pump jack for a quick shot of TMW Mike's V-Strom!

When we are pulling into the Drumheller area we decide to head down the road to a town called Wayne. It's claim to fame: 11 bridges. Yep, you have to cross 11 bridges to get to the tiny little town of Wayne. And once you get to the end of the 11 bridges you catch yourself thinking, "What did we come here for?" Okay, now I really have to pee and there isn't a bathroom in sight so we turn back towards the highway to find a loo. Wait a second...is that a campground up ahead? Is that an outhouse I see? Silly me, I am actually excited about finding an outhouse! LOL :laughing: I swear, the darn vibrations on a motorcycle make me have to go every 1/2 hour (or at least as often as possible...).

So now we head into Drumheller and make a quick stop at McD's for a snack. Bit of a mistake - there's crazy kids EVERYWHERE in there and to top it all off it is the smallest McD's I've ever seen. It was illegal how many kids per square inch were in that place! I could've went insane. But really I was more disgusted at the cleanliness of the restaurant and I actually couldn't help but smile at how cute all those kids really were...

From there we take a secondary highway off to Timbuktu (or whatever the names of those tiny towns were called). We stop at an amazing view point to see the spectacular scenery of the badlands and - look out below - there's a pile of washers and dryers at the bottom of the cliff. Seems it's more than just a lookout point for the locals.

The trip back to Calgary was tiresome. My butt was hurting and the stupid pavement was so bumpy I was about to jump off my bike and throw a temper tantrum! Every time I hit a bump the bike would literally spank me in my sore spots and I just wanted to get home.

Moments from the city limits we see a biker pulled off the road so we stop to help him out. Seems he needs some electrical tape. No surprise, Mike has some with him so we help him out and he's good to go. That's a great way to end a day of riding!

Only problem...still only have 700 km's on the bike... Looks like I've got another ride yet to hit the 800 I need to!

Last edited by sunshine229 on Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RideYourRide
Elite
Elite

#20 Unread post by RideYourRide »

If you go back and reread the Mototune break in procedure you'll see that you do it with disregard for the manufacturer's easy break in rpm limits, which by definition are useless crap (unless you subscribe to the easy break in theory, which you obviously don't). Following the RPM limits AND using the Mototune method is completely redundant, conflicting, and pointless. You would have been better off to warm it up, pull out of the dealership, and shift it into second and hold it on the stops from 2 grand to 10.

Unlucky no one could clear up that confusion for you before you spent all that time puttering around under 4k rpm.
[img]http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1189/newsig2al8.jpg[/img]
98 VFR, 07 200 XC-W, 86 RM125, 88 VTR250 project bike
motorcycle vlogs: http://livevideo.com/rideyourride