Rosco and the blogging thereof

Apollofrost
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male

#71 Unread post by Apollofrost »

make it into a media center, that's what I'll do with my old one.
I'm starting a petition to cull narrowminded dull people - be afraid Peter, be very afraid....
-Anonymous

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#72 Unread post by roscowgo »

Well I'm 10 minutes away from 13 hours at work.

After my sparrow crap laptop episode....

My raid array shat itself on my PDC. So I've spent 90% of the day fiddling with that.

At 6:30 my computer decided to unplug its own keyboard, my linux install just quit working, my soundcard died, and my network connection went all to hell.

It's been an interesting day.

On a plus note, my array rebuild is about 70% complete. yay. im so happy. :x

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#73 Unread post by Shorts »

Sounds like your stuff is revolting, possibly becoming self aware. I'd get out of the house or office quickly.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#74 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Shorts wrote:Sounds like your stuff is revolting, possibly becoming self aware. I'd get out of the house or office quickly.
Hmmmmm, sounds like Hal has come back. :mrgreen:

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#75 Unread post by roscowgo »

After the day i had yesterday, if HAL wants a piece he can have it. I'll introduce him to FRED my all purpose 10lb hammer and can opener.

On yet another sour note from yesterday, my truck started making a metal on metal, diesel like, clatter/clank on the way home. Timing chain..valves, springs....bearings...who knows.

AND i fell asleep before i could manage to eat my supper at midnight last night. At least nothing actually caught on Fire this time. I suppose that's a plus.

I'm tellin ya. When things go bad around me.....Things go 15 kinds of bad, and then explode.

Luckily though, my array rebuild Did finish, the drive is alive and blinking happily again, my truck Did get me home, i'm almost caught up on my work from my week off, and I rode the bike in today.

noodlenoggin
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
My Motorcycle: 1995 Ford Thunderbird =-(

#76 Unread post by noodlenoggin »

Ooo, dude, that's a "bad noise." I had a Jeep a coupla years ago that started making a ticking, that turned into a clattering, that turned into a metal-on-metal+diesel tractor+rattling+jerking+burnt metal smell. In the space of 1/2 mile. It didn't get me home. It did pop a broken rod out the side of the oil pan.

Unless you're attached to this particular truck, you may be farther ahead to just get a different one...or drive that Chevelle.
1979 XS650F -- "Hi, My name's Nick, and I'm a Motorcyclist. I've been dry for four years." (Everybody: "Hi, Nick.")

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#77 Unread post by roscowgo »

noodlenoggin wrote:Ooo, dude, that's a "bad noise." I had a Jeep a coupla years ago that started making a ticking, that turned into a clattering, that turned into a metal-on-metal+diesel tractor+rattling+jerking+burnt metal smell. In the space of 1/2 mile. It didn't get me home. It did pop a broken rod out the side of the oil pan.

Unless you're attached to this particular truck, you may be farther ahead to just get a different one...or drive that Chevelle.
Yep. I'm not happy about it. That truck is my first vehicle. I mean paid for by me....mine.

Chevelle? I have a chevelle? ohhhh i LIKE chevelles.

This thing has always had some weird diesel like clatter.... which seems kinda odd coming from a 4 cyl toyota. This is a new noise though. Ah well...6 grand for 35mpg at the worst and 150,000 miles isn't too horrible of a deal i suppose.

Does mazda still sell those old B2000 and B2200s ? I know you can beat those trucks with a dead horse until all you have is horse slush and they won't die. I had my part in trying to kill one while I was a teenager.

Hrm this makes me curious, What are some cages that you all have just flogged the unmerciful crap out of and the thing just refused to die?

My list:
1 85 honda accord. 500$ great aunt special. I drove it for 4-5 years. and i mean drove the hell out of it. Dukes of hazzard drove it. sold it for 400$ still see it occasionally around town. 120k or so put on by me. probably 30-40k by dad.
2. 80's models mazda B2000. Uncle had this one. Uncle doesn't like changing oil, think he changed it once in the time he had it. He put 100k on it. Gave it to dad. We shadetreed it, cleaned out the gunk and put it back together, Another 100k with oil changes. Gave it to Another uncle, he put another 150k on it. I lost track of it around then. And of course it had its period of teenager abuse tossed in there too.
3. 96 tacoma. Tacoma got treated pretty well. regular oil changes, good gas mileage, realiable as hell. put my 150 on mostly on the interstate driving to work. Though it saw a fair bit of duty as a college commuter/junk hauler too.

AZRider
Elite
Elite

#78 Unread post by AZRider »

He might have gotten confused as to who exactly owns the Chevelle.
:mrgreen:
Kawi VN1600

I dont give a damn what the name on the bike is..........Just ride it.

AZRider: Never met a bike he didnt like.

noodlenoggin
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
My Motorcycle: 1995 Ford Thunderbird =-(

#79 Unread post by noodlenoggin »

:oops: Oop, my bad. I knew it was SOMEBODY sarcastic, though. :twisted: :laughing:

FWIW, we had an '82 Buick Skyhawk. Bought at 94k miles with a salvage title. Drove it until 194k miles, when the transaxle lunched itself.

Also, we bought our '99 Volvo S70 brand new. It's at 160,000 and still drives like it's a new car.
1979 XS650F -- "Hi, My name's Nick, and I'm a Motorcyclist. I've been dry for four years." (Everybody: "Hi, Nick.")

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#80 Unread post by roscowgo »

:lol:

If being sarcastic gets me a chevelle....i better get home to take delivery of the fleet.