My thoughts on.............

AZRider
Elite
Elite

#11 Unread post by AZRider »

MEXICANS
Something has been bugging me.

It would appear the far left wackos dont want to put a stop to illegal immigration.
They claim Mexicans are good people just looking for a better life,and we as Americans OWE it to them.
Whatever.

It would also appear the far right wackos dont want to stop illegal immigration.
They claim there are jobs Americans wont do.
Whatever.

I disagree with that line of thinking. I truly believe there isnt a job some American wont do, FOR THE RIGHT PRICE.
So, a more honest statement would be "Americans wont do some jobs because they suck and an American cant make enough money to support himself and his family in a comfortable fashion."
So why cant they just say that?

And as for the far lefties claims. Maybe it is somewhat true.
But whenever someone throws out an idea to stem the flood of illegals coming across, they say that isnt American, blah blah blah. Then they ask, "O.K. if your going to put up a fence along the southern border, what about the northern border? Are you going to put up a fence along the northern border?"
Well, I guess if we start having an exodus of illegals coming from Canada, and we start having a problem with drug smugglers coming across the northern border, then yes, I would. I have a feeling we wont be having that problem anytime soon though.

The problem is the southern border.
Bands of illegals are coming across everyday, and night. They are destroying private property, and the property owners are not allowed to do anything about it. There have been reports of the mexican MILITARY flying across the border in helicopters and landing on private property and harrasing AMERICANS. There was also a report of the mexican military flying across and trying to steal a fuel tanker fueling a southern AZ. ranchers off road fuel tank. that Tuscon based fuel transport company reportedly no longer services border residents.
And then there are the drug smugglers.

Yet neither sides wackos wants to do anything.

How about our govt. do what its MAIN job is, and protect its CITIZENS from foreign invasion? Because thats what is going on.

I believe we can do this very simply.
Since neither sides wackos , (who are the ones that are currently running our country) want to stop the illegals from coming here, how about we make it simple and easy for those wanting to come here and improve their life?
Im saying, let them come through the border crossings.

It currently costs alot of money and time.
They have to pay smugglers, they have to make a dangerous trek across the southwest deserts.
So have a simple, fast, and inexpensive background check.
Then let them come through the border crossings.
And set up some kind of education system to teach them about American ways and laws.
And build a fence.

If you would do this, it would make the Immigration services job, and the Border Patrols job much easier.
Because if it was easy for those coming across looking for a better life to get here, then the only people sneaking across in the middle of the desert are definately criminals up to no good.
Kawi VN1600

I dont give a damn what the name on the bike is..........Just ride it.

AZRider: Never met a bike he didnt like.

AZRider
Elite
Elite

#12 Unread post by AZRider »

I HAVE AN AVATAR
What do you all think?
Kawi VN1600

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#13 Unread post by Shorts »

You're thinking too deep this time of morning....well it isn't so early. But it is Saturday - no thinking on Saturday! :laughing:

AZRider
Elite
Elite

#14 Unread post by AZRider »

Yes, but it is still fri. for me, so I cant stop thinking till tomorrow.
Kawi VN1600

AZRider
Elite
Elite

#15 Unread post by AZRider »

CRASH BARS
Got my crash bars in today and on the bike. I got the Cobra Fatty bars.
1 1/2" diameter pipe. These are some beefy looking bars. They look good on my bike. Now I have to get some pegs for them.
One problem.
Nobody makes a clamp for a 1 1/2" bar yet :frusty: :laughing:
Ill let you know what I come up with.
Ill try to get some pics soon.
Kawi VN1600

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#16 Unread post by Wrider »

Hey... Congrats on the new bars, I looked at them for my Vol when I had it...
Oh, and I'm currently in your state, scouting out my new living location while I attend MMI. Just so you know, IT'S TOO FREAKING HOT!!!! :laughing: Oh, and humid too, wayyyy too humid... (Guess that's the Coloradoan in me talking... :frusty: ) Anyway, hope you're having a good day! And congrats again!
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

AZRider
Elite
Elite

#17 Unread post by AZRider »

Wrider wrote:Hey... Congrats on the new bars, I looked at them for my Vol when I had it...
Oh, and I'm currently in your state, scouting out my new living location while I attend MMI. Just so you know, IT'S TOO FREAKING HOT!!!! :laughing: Oh, and humid too, wayyyy too humid... (Guess that's the Coloradoan in me talking... :frusty: ) Anyway, hope you're having a good day! And congrats again!
Wrider
Thanks. Hey, good luck at MMI. I was going to go, had some problems and wont be able to right now. Maybe later. Maybe not. Im going to go for some welding classes and try and get my certification. Then go on to take some fab courses, then hopefully some repair courses. Still open to MMI for that, but keeping my options open.
Good news for you on the weather. Its going to cool down Sat. But its supposed to rain a ton.
Good luck finding a place thats affordable :roll:
Kawi VN1600

noodlenoggin
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
My Motorcycle: 1995 Ford Thunderbird =-(

#18 Unread post by noodlenoggin »

I dunno, I always found it funny* when the evening news would say that INS raided the local area and deported many illegals...then the next morning at least three restaurants would have big "CLOSED" signs in the windows.

*Like funny amusing and ironic, not really funny ha-ha.
1979 XS650F -- "Hi, My name's Nick, and I'm a Motorcyclist. I've been dry for four years." (Everybody: "Hi, Nick.")

aw58
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
My Motorcycle: 1997 kawasaki vn1500 d2 classic

#19 Unread post by aw58 »

Hi

The pics are great - and yes the weather looks brilliant - I remember having sun like that ( 76 it was) - Its pxxxxd down since then. Well almost.
Thanks for thinking of me.

Ade

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#20 Unread post by Wrider »

AZRider wrote:
Wrider wrote:Hey... Congrats on the new bars, I looked at them for my Vol when I had it...
Wrider
Thanks. Hey, good luck at MMI. I was going to go, had some problems and wont be able to right now. Maybe later. Maybe not. Im going to go for some welding classes and try and get my certification. Then go on to take some fab courses, then hopefully some repair courses. Still open to MMI for that, but keeping my options open.
Good news for you on the weather. Its going to cool down Sat. But its supposed to rain a ton.
Good luck finding a place thats affordable :roll:
Thanks, I'll need it... And if you ever want a tour or to just come check it out, let me know! That sounds like a bit of work too, I've done amateur welding on my uncle's farm, and yeah, I respect those that can do it well... :laughing:
Better news on the weather... I'm home now! 62F and dry... Ahhh... :mrgreen:
As for affordable housing, you're not kidding! Although we did find a little RV park that we'll be parking a 5th wheel in for me to live in during my attendance. Exit 205 off of I-17... Not sure it's the best neighborhood, but it's definitely not the worst!
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha