Is it better

CentralOzzy
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 42
My Motorcycle: Yamaha XJR-1300/Harley-Davidson Roadking

#11 Unread post by CentralOzzy »

I do miss riding in the Lush Forest trails of Victoria, Australia!

Hopping over big fallen trees, Blub Blub Blubbing thru deep rivers & climbing huge hill walls on my old thumpa trail bike.

Yes sir.... :wink: camping overnight in a Tent, cooking food by the fire with a few cold ones & doing it all over again....arrrr those were the good O'L Days eh?
Me many Moons ago!

Learning to ride in the Dirt is the way to go if possible, cause if you can somewhat Master the dirt & mud etc. riding on the road is easy, except for the Traffic perhaps.... :cry:
Last edited by CentralOzzy on Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maverick33
Regular
Regular

#12 Unread post by Maverick33 »

Looks like I've got it made then! 8) I went out with some friends riding for hours yesterday. I'm not too familiar with street riding, but I'll 2nd, 3rd, 4th...whatever...that dirt riding is a blast. Yes you can push it and yes, you will fall (sometimes really hard :frusty: ), but like Buzzz said...you will get back on (and do it all again). We found a new course yesterday and one of my buddies and I found a new jump that was a real test. But by the end of the day we both had gotten enough practice to clear it completely. It was wicked! (Probably about an 8-footer.) Plus, to add to the excitement, another friend brought out his brother's Kawasaki 700cc quad! :shock: ...HOLY SH*T... :shock: This thing packed one hell of a punch! It had some exhaust kit on it that made it sound like a truck with pipes....plus it had a jet kit. It was one mean beast! We've got another day planned for Thursday...can't wait! :D (I'll try to remember the camera.)
You only live once.

emperorjordan
Elite
Elite

#13 Unread post by emperorjordan »

Sounds like fun!! :D
-2005 Suzuki DRZ-400S (The Fast Color).
- FMF Power Core 4
- 3x3" Air Box Mod, DynoJet Kit
- Dunlop D606 Tires
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather--who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car

racer
Rookie
Rookie

#14 Unread post by racer »

well, it depends. If you want to end up racing, or intend to race in the future, you can start off driving a dirt bike. but bear in mind that driving on the road is very different than driving on race tracks! :lol:

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#15 Unread post by NorthernPete »

cooking food by the fire
Buzzz could run us over some gophers.. :lol:
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#16 Unread post by BuzZz »

NorthernPete wrote:
cooking food by the fire
Buzzz could run us over some gophers.. :lol:
I'll bag you all the gophers you can or want to eat. I'll be at the nearest Mcdonalds(and I hate thier food) cause I ain't eating any disease-ridden, mangy vermin. :wink:
No Witnesses.... :shifty: