First Ride in the neighborhood!!!!

amstaffmom
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by amstaffmom »

That's great!! I know I love riding the back roads. Much more peaceful then riding out on the main roads.

I'm glad I found this site too. Its helped my learning a lot. Plus it gave me the ammo to talk my husband out of buying a GSXR 750, that's has racing carbs and stuff. He's happy riding his Sportster for now. My husband is new at riding too.

Jean

Blexcroid
Rookie
Rookie

#12 Unread post by Blexcroid »

Sevulturus wrote:Perhaps the ideal learning situation would actually involve two riders for you then. One to follow through the corners (it helps a TON to follow someone, because you use a hundred little visual ques to help set yourself up for taking the corner). And someone to run interferance vs all the idiots out there.
WTG Amstaffmom! I agree 100%! It's a great idea to have someone to follow as well as someone to watch your "six". I asked the head of our safety department to come with me on my first time on the freeway. He brought his riding partner so I could follow her and he could cover me on his Boss Hoss (at least the noise was behind me :lol:). It also gave him the chance to observe me and note anything I might be doing wrong or dangerous. You may want to hook with some other women riders for similar rides (our husbands may not be completely honest if we need to change a riding habit). Keep riding & have fun!!