Wrider's Scribblings

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#11 Unread post by Shorts »

Wrider wrote:
aw58 wrote:Sorry to hear your suspended - what sort of timescale?

Ade
Well I told the hearing officer (apparently license suspensions aren't worth a judge, but tickets are??? :roll: ) about my situation and school and all, and he agreed to go easy on me, gave me the legal minimum of 6 months, which is cool. Out of Colorado Springs, I have a relatively small group of friends, maybe 30-40 if I include acquaintances I've met more than once. Out of those, because of our city's driving style and the second department of revenue there, the CSPD, I'm the 4th among my personal friends to get my license suspended. And none of us participate in any organized street racing or have particularly fast cars *one friend has a 92 Dodge Stealth that's pretty quick*. All of them lost their licenses for 1 to 1.5 years, but fortunately my license is only gone for 6 months. So I'm excited (relatively) about that.
Wrider
I've heard horror stories from riders out of CO about how they're treated, just out of plain discrimination against motorcycles. Your post here reminded me of the story posted about noise ordinances posted in particular for motorcycles. The rather odd thing about the Db level was that one could not operate a weedwacker.

aw58
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: 1997 kawasaki vn1500 d2 classic

#12 Unread post by aw58 »

french conneciton UK me.

6 months is Cack.

Saving grace it's the crap weather time.

hope you don't work far from home.

If I was to get suspended, i'd be screwed big time.

And yes I realise I run close to the wire on a daily basis.

Pray it goes quick for you

Ade
If you can see the tops of the mountain's it's going to rain.
If you can't - it's raining.
All Characters and events here are allegedly fictitious...Any resemblance with either dead or living is purely co-incidental
And don't ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#13 Unread post by ceemes »

Wrider wrote:
ceemes wrote:Six months....still a bummer....but look on the bright side, you'll get it back around the same time the snow's start disappearing.......
Lol I forgot... I still haven't changed my location... I'm in Phoenix, AZ now... Snow? Non-existent! :laughing:
Ah well, if I get a literbike, I can always outrun the cops right? :laughing:
Wrider
Sure.....but can you outrun radio? "pee" them off too much and they just may lay down a spike belt in front of you.......ouch...... :mrgreen:
Always ask why.

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#14 Unread post by Shorts »

Shorts wrote:
Wrider wrote:
aw58 wrote:Sorry to hear your suspended - what sort of timescale?

Ade
Well I told the hearing officer (apparently license suspensions aren't worth a judge, but tickets are??? :roll: ) about my situation and school and all, and he agreed to go easy on me, gave me the legal minimum of 6 months, which is cool. Out of Colorado Springs, I have a relatively small group of friends, maybe 30-40 if I include acquaintances I've met more than once. Out of those, because of our city's driving style and the second department of revenue there, the CSPD, I'm the 4th among my personal friends to get my license suspended. And none of us participate in any organized street racing or have particularly fast cars *one friend has a 92 Dodge Stealth that's pretty quick*. All of them lost their licenses for 1 to 1.5 years, but fortunately my license is only gone for 6 months. So I'm excited (relatively) about that.
Wrider
I've heard horror stories from riders out of CO about how they're treated, just out of plain discrimination against motorcycles. Your post here reminded me of the story posted about noise ordinances posted in particular for motorcycles. The rather odd thing about the Db level was that one could not operate a weedwacker.
Aw heck, just reread that you're in AZ now. :oops:

aw58

#15 Unread post by aw58 »

6 months is a bugger.

Is the suspension state related or is it Federal.?

Ade
All Characters and events here are allegedly fictitious...Any resemblance with either dead or living is purely co-incidental

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#16 Unread post by Wrider »

It's state-related, but they have an agreement with the state I'm in now to tell them so no one issues me a license... GRRRRR
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#17 Unread post by Wrider »

OOOHHHH Anyone wanna hear good news about Colorado? Apparently in El Paso County when you've got a traffic ticket pending it comes through on background checks as a criminal charge pending. Which is why I haven't been able to find a job yet. No wonder... Gah I hate CO government!
Wrider
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#18 Unread post by Wrider »

Had a good morning followed by a bad phone call...

Went to the International Motorcycle Show here in Phoenix, that was fun, Didn't get to test ride anything, but will get there early tomorrow so I can test ride the Yamahas and possibly a Super Duke.

Got home and got a phone call from mom back home... My dog that we've had for 10 years now died this morning. Old age. So that was a really bad ending to a promising morning. :cry:

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6960378
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6960377
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6960376

Those are pictures of Precious and my sister... I took them, and remember that camping trip really well, I'm gonna miss my pup...

Rest In Peace Precious! We'll love you forever!
Wrider

aw58

#19 Unread post by aw58 »

sorry to hear your bad news.

Keep a hold of the good memories.

Ade

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#20 Unread post by Shorts »

Hey Wrider, sorry about your dog :( Take care