Dragged a knee but still have chicken strips??

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#21 Unread post by sapaul »

Sho, I have tried many times to get my knee down, but at 5'7" and on a GS, it's a bit of a bugger. :? :shock:

PS, I have no chicken strips and ride around sports bikes in the twisties. :lol:

Not bragging, got to agree with highside, your centre has to be spot on to get it right. Most people ignore what the hips are doing, but get that right and a lot of other stuff falls in to place.
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

racerxgirl
Rookie
Rookie

#22 Unread post by racerxgirl »

hi-side wrote:You guys in Arizona, go out to Firebird. They have track days all the time. The beginner's group is a great place to start. I used to be an instructor for both the track orgs there as well. There is also racing there at Firebird. Ask any of the guys at the track about me. I raced there for 10 years - Hi-Side Racing (Terry). The track days also have instuctors for free, just ask.
+1 for Terry!! I remember him! Your that fast ol' guy!! Miss ya man!

I know Jadien you said you wanted to wait a year? Hmm..i can only say that i only waited 2 months and was on the track...I am glad i did right away, i didnt learn any bad habits...and improved my skills right away, which helped me and saved me from being hit while riding my 600 on the streets...
You should try and come out this saturday and see what its all about, its $10 for gate fee, that covers both saturday and sunday. :thumbsup:
You can watch practice on saturday, racers and trackday riders, and sunday is a full day of racing! You can come out and cheer on your favorite racer, ME!!! HA!!! OK..ok...maybe not everyones favorite racer, but there will be plenty of racing action!!
Check out www.roadracesw.com for more info.
Its all about the Ride!

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#23 Unread post by slimcolo »

Just a question on the left right knee strip thing. Do you have anything sticking out on one side and not the other? (like the carb on a v twin) This could make you unknowingly sit off to one side. Back,hip, and knee problems can also make you sit on blke lopsided. My father never sat straight on a bike after he broke his hip. I have seen people ride off to one side of the seat and they are not aware of it. I can take lefts better than rights. Probably from racing in my younger years. (always lefts w/bikes and sleds)
SEE NO EVO
HEAR NO EVO
SPEAK NO EVO

and above all

RIDE NO EVO

Read my blog
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=22842

hi-side
Elite
Elite

#24 Unread post by hi-side »

racerxgirl wrote:
hi-side wrote:You guys in Arizona, go out to Firebird. They have track days all the time. The beginner's group is a great place to start. I used to be an instructor for both the track orgs there as well. There is also racing there at Firebird. Ask any of the guys at the track about me. I raced there for 10 years - Hi-Side Racing (Terry). The track days also have instuctors for free, just ask.
+1 for Terry!! I remember him! Your that fast ol' guy!! Miss ya man!

I know Jadien you said you wanted to wait a year? Hmm..i can only say that i only waited 2 months and was on the track...I am glad i did right away, i didnt learn any bad habits...and improved my skills right away, which helped me and saved me from being hit while riding my 600 on the streets...
You should try and come out this saturday and see what its all about, its $10 for gate fee, that covers both saturday and sunday. :thumbsup:
You can watch practice on saturday, racers and trackday riders, and sunday is a full day of racing! You can come out and cheer on your favorite racer, ME!!! HA!!! OK..ok...maybe not everyones favorite racer, but there will be plenty of racing action!!
Check out www.roadracesw.com for more info.

Hmmm I miss you to :budhug: she's got the cutest little butt you ever wanted to follow around a track... :mrgreen: Thats reason enough to show up at the track.