Legendary 300
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: 1998 V-Twin 1500 & 2008 Suski C50T

Whataburger??

#11 Unread post by Patrick »

Shorts wrote:
bluecamel wrote:
Shorts wrote:Ahhhhh, can anyone tell me what's in this picture that I absolutely would kill for at the this time????:humm:
A pink trailer? :laughing:
No.

Whataburger.

Patrick, eat one for me. I miss them.
Shorts,

You must have the same tastes as Philip and Paul they would eat anything. Where you at that you cannot even see Texas. :o
Keep the wheels on the road.

If you want check my blogg at this site.
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=25466&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Patrick
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

A trip Back to Lake Grapevine with Val - Oct 27th

#12 Unread post by Patrick »

As usual we started late but we did get going. The weather was perfect for a ride, high 60’s low 70’s and crisp clean air. I think my imagination is running a bit off as I thought my bike has been running kind of hot lately so I checked the coolant level and it looks good so when Val finally got ready we headed out. First stop was Red Robin in Grapevine at Hwy 114 and 121. Traffic at this intersection is never great but it sure was heavy for a Saturday. All the weekend warriors were out today. We had lunch and then headed across the Dam to go to Rockyledge Park on the north side of the lake. Here is some pictures. This time we did not run across any unusual characters except there was a couple about our age sun bathing. I thought it was a bit cool for that, but then I am warm blooded.

Val at same picknic bench as the last time we stopped

Well at this very moment I trying to upload some pictures (5) to photobucket and it is taking for ever so I will edit this once they get uploaded if ever.

Well I cancelled the upload and then did each picture seperatly and it works much better that way. I also notice on a good note however that the pictures from photobucket come up much quicker on this site.

I am very impressed with the camera I bought Val. The next shot is at a slight zoom and on the left side you will see a building. That is GayLords. It is a good mile or 2 across the lake. The picture after the next one is zoomed in even further.

The next series of pictures are some shoreline shots.

The next one is just of me.

Val ready to leave the park.

We be home now.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=25466&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Patrick
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

A one day trip to Glen Rose – August 2007

#13 Unread post by Patrick »

A one day trip to Glen Rose – August 2007

At the time of this trip I have had my bike for about 3 months so it was time to adventure further then just within 30 miles of home. So Philip and I decided to take a day trip to Glen Rose Texas. Philip once swam in the Paloxy River and wanted to go down there for a little swim and being August in Texas it was a hot day. So we loaded up our swim suites, a couple of towels and headed south.

Out of all of our 1 day trips I would rate this one the best. It was kind of a drag getting there and back as it was not very scenic (they way we took any way as Philip tends to like to hit the hwy’s and hit it) there or back but we had a great time while down there.

We went to the Dinosaur park which is a very nice park with good facilities. They wanted 5 bucks to enter but let us through with our promise not to stop which we complied with. Apparently there was a place to swim and a dinosaur foot print so we have put this on our list of places to return to.

We found a camp ground across the street from a Paloxy River swimming hole. Keep in mind that the water is not very deep so it is more like swimming and bumping across the rocks. The camp ground attendants were nice enough to let us park our bikes on their property and let us use the facilities to change in to our swim trunks. I did not bring my camera on this trip but Philip did.
A picture of Philip in the river
A picture of me in the river

One really cool part of the trip was some time spent in a bar. The weather started looking bad so we went back to our bikes, found everything in order, changed our cloths and headed back to town. The weather started looking real bad and we knew we better find a place to hide out, or get ready for some really wet riding. So we found this little place called M K Corral Restaurant and pulled up. They had an over hang in the front so we ran our bikes underneath it and parked them in such a way that we thought no one would fuss over us parking on the walkway under the overhang. Sure enough no one did so it was cool. We went in side and were warmly welcomed so we went on back to the bar and sat down. We were met by a young bar maid who served our beers with a smile. There were 2 other young gents watching a college foot ball game. Philip seemed to be somewhat interested and started cheering on one of the teams. The two gents though did not agree with his stance on the team he wanted to win where quite friendly and we learned they worked at the nuclear plant down the road. They told us how safe it was and all kinds of other information regarding a lake that the plant uses for cooling. Of course the lake is off limits to the public so discussion quickly ensued about how big the fish must be as Philip remembers fishing there as a kid before the plant was built.

We then noticed a bunch of coolie cups with folk’s names on them and Philip asked if we could have one. He will ask anyone anything, heck all they can say is no. Before you know it we both had one and the gents who were from the area said why have they never got one as they come to the place often? She ended up giving them one with a bit of jabbing. Well it was raining cats and dogs outside so we ordered another beer and these two upper middle aged women come into the bar and sit down. Man they were a hoot, before you knew it, it was like everyone in the place knew each other for years.

Well the rain quit and it was time to hit the road back home. We decided to hit a back road toward Granbury Tx, I think it was hwy 51. Below are a couple of pictures of the road.

After going through Granbury we hit it hard back home and it was hot and sticky after the rain. We stopped at a sports bar when we got a bit past Fort Worth but still 20 or so miles from home and had a beer just to cool off. We hit it on home and enjoyed some of the stories with our friends. It was a fun trip.

Patrick
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

A little trip to Legacy River Park – Arlington Tx 102807

#14 Unread post by Patrick »

A little trip to Legacy River Park – Arlington Tx 102807

The one great thing that I have found since getting this Motor Cycle is not only the good times had riding, going places with my buddies, but the quiet 1 on 1 time me and my wife Valerie gets to spend together on some of our day trips. It seems when we are home we are busy with home things. For example right now she is in the living room sleeping (oh I should not say that, she is watching TV) and here I am writing this story. But when we are riding we get to do a lot of talking and just digging on each other. Any way enough of that ho hum.

We left later in the day today so we decided to just go down to River Legacy Park. I am a bird watcher and have found a few of my first species here. It is a fairly cool little park with family areas, pedal bike trails, hiking trails, jogging trails, and walking paths. Below are some pictures from one of the pull off areas.

After stopping taking some pictures and such we went to a place called the Top Deck which over looks Trinity Blvd. A friendly place with food and drink. I think it gets quite busy at night as the deck has an area for a band it seems to be outfitted for the younger generation. But here is a couple of pictures.

We then go home from another nice few hours of riding. I love this biking gig

Patrick
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

Duke's Road House - October 31 2007

#15 Unread post by Patrick »

Me and Val decided to go for lunch at Duke's Road House on Holloween before the kias and may ham of the evening activites begin. As it turns our Pugs and Kelly were there from 103.5 FM. So I took some pictures of them.

On of the two inside bars. This Bar actually serves both inside and outside. The picture in one of my other stories is an outside view.

Pug's, Val, and Kelly

Patrick
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

A Trip to Little Pete’s – Silver Lake Marina – Flower Mound

#16 Unread post by Patrick »

A Trip to Little Pete’s – Silver Lake Marina – Flower Mound TX – 110207

Man what a day for a ride and thank God I finally got to do some riding. Originally I was supposed to be on vacation but we have had some gremlins running around the development lab reeking havoc on the systems. I was up until about 3 AM today and then had problems to work on until 2 PM. So much for a vacation day. Any way the ride was great.

We went nonstop to the marina which is quite a feat for Val and her bad back. It was about 45 minutes but the ride is a good one mixed with hwy driving, scenic – over the Dam riding, and some country side scenic riding.

While there we ran across a guy who caught two 40-50 lbs blue head cat fish. Here is one of the pictures.

We went into the bar for a couple of drinks and as it turns out we thought we recognized the bar tender and kept asking questions about where he hangs around. We could not get a good link other then our paths had crossed at different watering holes but no concrete gee wiz I know you. So in came the Miller sales man and we start talking about wines and the next thing you know we have a 30 minute lesson on making wines and such. We actually did take down some notes and might look into making wine. He sure is passionate about making wines. He went into how he stated it by trying to make Glog one of the oldest known spirited beverages according to him. I have not looked it up yet and I may have the spelling or even the true name messed up so do not rely on this as a factual statement.

Anyway income the owner and the bartender Rick, states that her name is Christie and that she sang at Dukes Road house. Well then bingo the gee wiz we know you hit us in the head. As it turns out she is a friend of a friend of ours and they invited us to see her sing and cheer her on. Rick the bartender was also there. It is a small world. She does have one fantastic voice. Well then a longer discussion ensues and we all exchange hugs and now are like long lost friends. We must have the gift for gab.

On the way back we stop at a place called Flips and Patio Bar and Grill. We decide to sit on the deck and at the deck bar – as it turns out – a very wise or lucky decision.

The bartender was real friendly and once again we all become like friends. The service on the Patio was bad and the bartender was doing everything he could to compensate including talking with the manager. Well of course now there are waiters and waitresses all over the place trying to get things going again. We had the rib eye steak and though a little costly it was very good and I will most likely have it again when we stop next time. We shared it so it helped on the cost of 19 bucks. Mind you this is not a fancy steak place.

Any way some pictures for us to remember and for you to enjoy – hopefully.

Me reading a map on how to get to Little Petes

Val by the Marina's little store

Some boats in docks

No trip is complete without a picture of the bike in it.

A mug shot of me

A picture of me at Flips. Not sure why Val wanted this close up.

Patrick
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

Rally at the Legion Post 379

#17 Unread post by Patrick »

A little Rally at the Legion

The American Legion put on a little rally a month or so ago that was quite fun for Breast Cancer. They had competition barrel rolls, who could drive the slowest, grabbing rings while driving deals. It was for those who are very experienced riders. Anyway it was a great event and here are some of our friends who were there.

This is Anna and she has a sweet ride. I even like it.

Here is MR Rock and Roll - aka John. He does performances for the local pubs and clubs.

Gail and John - Not sitting in a tree

After the rally we took a little ride to River Legacy Park and in the back ground on the trike is Bob and Tina.

Patrick
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

A shot of my Uncle Bills Bike

#18 Unread post by Patrick »

His son did the paint work. He lives up in Seatle and we are very close to the same age. Really a cool dude.

Patrick
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

A little trip to Grapevine Lake with some friends - 11/03/07

#19 Unread post by Patrick »

It was a great day to ride here in Texas. The temps in the mid 70's not a whole lot of wind etc. etc.,. I had some errand to run so of course I did them only by bike. Had to go to the store twice because I could not carry everything in one trip. Then as the afternoon started to come around so did some of my buddies and buddets. So we go for a little ride to the North Side of Grapevine to see the sunset.

Anna, Val, John, Paul

Paul, Anna, Val, John

Paul, Anna, Val, John and our bikes

Paul looking all Marboro man like.

The sunset with boat.

Pual, Anna, Val

A water skier in the Sunset. Here it Texas the water is still warm.

Paul, John, Anna, Me

Val, Me, John, and Paul

After the Sunset we headed to Wilhout's and did the service stink. Either eat the buffet and get your own drinks or starve.

Patrick
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

A beautiful weekend in Texas 111107

#20 Unread post by Patrick »

A beautiful weekend in Texas 111107

Temps Saturday and Sunday in the lower 80's.

Man this has been one fantastic fall. Saturday, we went to the International Motor Cycle Show in Fort Worth and it was fairly ok, but the real cool part was all the bikes of different makes, colors, and home made bikes as well. We really messed up by not bringing the camera.

My other buddy Brett now has another bike after his wreck last year. He was it in the rear by a van and flew about 15-20 feet and totaled his brand new bike. He has been in the market for awhile but just found one. He is not so happy with it as he was tired of looking and grabbed it and it has a few problems that he is no so satisfied with. It over heated on a short run we took today. Temps were in the lower 80’s a bit windy but man what a great day for a ride.

We started late from my house. Here is a couple of pictures of that.

Brett in the middle, Val my wife to the right and Philip to the left. The back end of Brett's bike.

Hey I got their attention this time.

We head down to River Legacy Park in Arlington Texas since Brett just got this bike and we want to kind of road test it.

Got my Bike in on this one to the right. Brett's on the left

After following Brett back home to make sure the over heating thing was not a problem, I went back and took some pictures of long way trip back home. We of course did stop at Duke's to have lunch and throw back a cool one.

This picture is on Randal Mill road in the Trinity River Bottoms area.

The other direction.

I found the Trinity on Precint Line Road. A guy in car pulled up after I took these pictures and has been in the area for a month and is looking for places to hang out. I was a bit weary of him, in that we were out in the middle of nowhere and just pulled over to chat. Friendly enough but not sure what I think of the whole thing. If you have questions I can explain further.

But here is the pictures.

A bit zoomed in.

The Road

Got ta have the bike in one or more.

The other side of the bridge. This side wants to make me cry with all the garbage in the river.

And again the bike.

The weekend is completed by a little sit around the ole campfire. Stephan, Paul's son joined us.

Even Val joined. This is over at Paul's house.