Advice needed

Mobster
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

Advice needed

#1 Unread post by Mobster »

I've read the great advice dat has bn postd 4 new bikers on this forum....advice as 2 why a 600+ cc bike is nt ideal 4 a begginer.....but wat advice wud u giv me ....considering im a rather new biker...wu's alredy got a bike dats more powerful then that? Shud i sell the bike asap and buy a less powerful one? Or shud i just take it slowly since i alredy hav the bike? By the way its a Suzuki gsxR 750 Presling
Last edited by Mobster on Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

KingRobb
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 25
My Motorcycle: 2004 HD Road King

#2 Unread post by KingRobb »

:roll:
Dyin'? Boy, he can have this little life any time he wants to. Do ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, ol' timer. Let me know you're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it.

-Cool Hand Luke

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

Re: Advice needed

#3 Unread post by jonnythan »

Mobster wrote:I've read the great advice dat has bn postd 4 new bikers on this forum....advice as 2 why a 600+ cc bike is nt ideal 4 a begginer.....but wat advice wud u giv me ....considering im a rather new biker...wu's alredy got a bike dats more powerful then that? Shud i sell the bike asap and buy a less powerful one? Or shud i just take it slowly since i alredy hav the bike? By the way its a Suzuki gsxR 750 Presling
Perhaps you should consider finishing the third grade first.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]

Fast Eddy B
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: 02 Fazer FZS600

#4 Unread post by Fast Eddy B »

Mobster wrote: Shud i sell the bike asap and buy a less powerful one? Or shud i just take it slowly since i alredy hav the bike? By the way its a Suzuki gsxR 750 Presling
Nope. Just twist and go!

Happy travels!

TorontoBoy
Elite
Elite

#5 Unread post by TorontoBoy »

If you were learning to fly airplanes you would not start on a Lear jet. No, you'd probably kill yourself on the first outing, or at least damage the jet such that you couldn't take another flight. Thankfully, it's probably illegal as well, and for good reason.

While for bikes there is no similar rule, you should heed the warning on so many forums. There are good reasons for this. Your GSXR 750, even an older model, is not built for a beginner. It is designed for a very advanced experienced rider, riding on a track. Acceleration and stopping power are immense. This, for a beginner, will get you into a lot of trouble. Trouble, like you'll end up in hospital or dead. This is not a beginner bike.

But you know this already, because you've been on forums and others have told you. Still, it's your bike and your life. I don't think you will be able to ride this bike for a month and not crash it. Then you'll have lots of expensive plastic to replace, and probably road rash or broken bones to heal.

Check out your insurance for this bike as well. There's a reason insurance rates are so high. It's because so many riders crash their super sport bikes.

Sell this bike. Buy something easier to learn on, and learn to ride well. The objective here is to learn to ride a motorcycle and live long enough to be able to competently ride whatever you want. If you like sportbikes try the new Ninja 250R or the Ninja 500R. These Ninja are nothing like your GSXR 750R, though you may think the numbers are close. No, they are in completely separate bike brackets.

It's your life. I don't know you, but as one biker to another I've given you the straight goods.

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#6 Unread post by Shorts »

Mobster wrote:I've read the great advice dat has bn postd 4 new bikers on this forum....advice as 2 why a 600+ cc bike is nt ideal 4 a begginer.....but wat advice wud u giv me ....considering im a rather new biker...wu's alredy got a bike dats more powerful then that? Shud i sell the bike asap and buy a less powerful one? Or shud i just take it slowly since i alredy hav the bike? By the way its a Suzuki gsxR 750 Presling

Hey man, your keyboard is missing some keys.

The same advice for the 600cc is the same for a 750cc sportbike.

bclinton
Rookie
Rookie

#7 Unread post by bclinton »

jonnythan wrote:
Perhaps you should consider finishing the third grade first.
Now Dat wuz funy

LOL

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#8 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

Okay. Did you take the MSF BAsic Riders Course? If you have, then MAYBE you'll be able to survive starting out on that GSXR. If you have NOT taken the BRC, then I strongly recommend that you DO take it.

Is the bike new?

In the meantime, please, please, please make sure you've got good protective gear that fits you and that you wear every time you ride. Head to feet, including boots and full fingered gloves. Textile is fine so long as it has armor and fits you.

The main issue with that rocket is the knife-edge throttle response that is NOT newbie friendly. Incorrect hand position and a surprise while you're riding could very well accelerate that bike right out from under you.

Ideally, sell it and find something a bit tamer. But I know thats a hard thing to recommend.

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

shane-o
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 17
My Motorcycle: VTR1000

#9 Unread post by shane-o »

dip me in honey and feed me to the lesbians
[url=http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ragingtux.jpg][img]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6403/ragingtux.th.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7103/thhitlerbx91kg4.gif[/img][/url]
By [url=http://profile.imageshack.us/user/su_tux]su_tux[/url]

Hotscootermama
Rookie
Rookie

#10 Unread post by Hotscootermama »

:LOL2:
Life is a Joy!