Hello from the Philippines

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#11 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

I hope you enjoyed your holiday! Manila isn't really, er, the most pleasant of cities (no wonder i moved to the burbs) but the beaches and little towns are great.

And yeah, those dudes on those little bikes are just absolutely crazy. Usually I'm just amused, but sometimes I'm genuinely ticked off and can't believe how reckless they are. Well, what can you do, c'est la vie.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

slingshot
Rookie
Rookie

#12 Unread post by slingshot »

G'day Grey Thumper awsome bike i never seen or heard of it. Lane splitting here in Australia is rare but you do see it now and again. Yeah those dudes on the little bikes in Manila are crazy how they weave in and out of the traffic. I been to Manila 2 times and i like the place. My wife is from South Cotabato and the little bike riders there are the same even on the open roads so i'm guessing it is the same all over the Philippines. I must say i seen more little bikes then big bikes. I love your country and the people. Have a great day and enjoy your bike.

Current Bikes

1978 Kawasaki Z650
1988 Suzuki GSXR750 'Slingshot'

Pictures coming soon.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#13 Unread post by ceemes »

Welcome thumper. Like sharpmagna, I was recently in the Philippines as well, both Manila and Letye. You bike is a one hell of a cut above most of the bikes I saw there and you've got bigger nads then I have. I was going to rent a bike while there, but after experiencing the traffic there, I chicken out.

Always ask why.

Skier
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#14 Unread post by Skier »

Welcome aboard! I dig the bike.

Sure seems like a lot of people are involved with the Philippines on the forum. Cool! :thumbsup:
[url=http://www.motoblag.com/blag/]Practicing the dark and forgotten art of using turn signals since '98.[/url]

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#15 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

ceemes wrote:Welcome thumper. Like sharpmagna, I was recently in the Philippines as well, both Manila and Letye. You bike is a one hell of a cut above most of the bikes I saw there and you've got bigger nads then I have. I was going to rent a bike while there, but after experiencing the traffic there, I chicken out.
Ha ha, yeah ceemes, riding in Manila traffic's a PITA, but my bike's relatively narrow and light, and I tend to ride home from work past rush hour too, so it's manageable. Riding in the burbs is pretty nice though. And I've never been to leyte, must be a lot of nice country roads, perfect for a trailie or dual sport, though I wouldn't know where you could've rented one.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."