BEWARE Leatherup.com details inside...

basshole
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

#21 Unread post by basshole »

I've never had a problem with them and i don't know anyone else who's had a problem with them. You are the first one I've heard of having a problem with them.
Beer. Helping ugly people get laid since 1853
2006 Suzuki C50 Silver/Gray

whip
Regular
Regular

#22 Unread post by whip »

According to the BBB I am not the first to have a problem with them. My whole point is they do not stand behind their products that they make and that the 100% satisfaction guarantee they also do not stand behind.
Beware of leatherup.com!!!

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#23 Unread post by ofblong »

I dont get it. The BBB gives them an F rating yet they only have 12 complaints. I mean I am dealing with a financial company through the BBB who have had 40 complaints in the last 6 months most of them for the same thing.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

whip
Regular
Regular

#24 Unread post by whip »

Probably because they refuse to reply to the BBB or work with anyone to resolve problems.

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#25 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

So why not file a class action lawsuit? If you are one of many, surely it can be taken to the courts?

I guess that leatherup is counting on THAT being too much trouble for anyone.

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

whip
Regular
Regular

#26 Unread post by whip »

Lion_Lady wrote:So why not file a class action lawsuit? If you are one of many, surely it can be taken to the courts?

I guess that leatherup is counting on THAT being too much trouble for anyone.

P
It takes a lot of time and effort to get a class action together and it's not worth the time or trouble to me to start the process... But it is worth my time to let people know that they are shady...

flynrider
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: '93 Honda Nighthawk 750

#27 Unread post by flynrider »

Lion_Lady wrote: I guess that leatherup is counting on THAT being too much trouble for anyone.
Probably because it is. Generally, the only real winners in a class action lawsuit are the lawyers. Members of the class may get a buck or two, but the firm(s) involved will get millions off the top. If there are not millions involved, it's unlikely you'd find a firm to take the case.
Bikin' John
'93 Honda CB750 Nighthawk

Rydr
Elite
Elite

Beware Leatherup.com

#28 Unread post by Rydr »

It's been my experience that you get what you pay for. It's the old saying that is true to this day. "If it looks to good to be true then it usually is". I looked on Leatherup's site and all the items were low priced. When you look closely at many of the pictures you can see the quality isn't there. Seams not quite strait, the leather looks to shiny, the stitch spacing is off. I wouldn't buy there. If you want quality and service then be prepared to lay down a larger amount of your hard earned cash and buy it. In the long run it always pays to buy quality.

qwerty
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#29 Unread post by qwerty »

The products on leatherup.com seem to be perfect for Lifan riders.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

drrhythm39
Veteran
Veteran

#30 Unread post by drrhythm39 »

I know this is an old post but I had to respond anyway. I'm sorry you had that experience with Leather Up. i bought my first helmwt from them. When it arrive there was a hair line crack in the top. I called them and I had a new helmet the next day at my door!!!!!!!! SInce then I have also purchased bags from them, i don't use the easy brackets, and they fit just fine. With the exception of my riding pants every piece of riding gear I have I got from them, boots, leather jacket, textile jacket w/armor and 2 more helmets, gloves. Maybe you just got some stubborn nimrod on the phone. None the less they should have at least made some kind of effort to satisfy you. By the way I purchased my gear in 2007. Maybe they have made some changes
2007 V Star 650 Custom (Raven)

Star Touring and Riding