breast cancer run?

TylerR
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by TylerR »

I think a sense of humor always helps! :laughing:
oxbow1 wrote:okay I got a couple of slaps for my name ideas, but my wife went to the orientation for her BC walk and was told that the rest stations are easy to find,just look for the pink van with the watermellons on top. :lol:

Pink ribbon run sounds ghahy,and breasts have always been a good way to attract people,and guys money spends just like girls money so here we go...

mamarun2008
the Juggernaut

the brumski run

the "my eyes are up here" run

all in jest, please don't burn me in effigy, I don't know where effigy is :D
Spend time with those who make you better.

Brackstone
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010/Ducati/Monster 1100

#12 Unread post by Brackstone »

Jog for the Jiggle
Bound for the Bounce
Trip for the Twins

Add your own! :D
Ducati Monster 1100 (Vrooom!!)
Aprilia Shiver 750 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250cc (sold)

sv-wolf
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Honda Fireblade, 2004: Suzuki DR650, 201

#13 Unread post by sv-wolf »

Erm... Would someone explain 'run for the rack'?

I guess my ignorance has nothing to do with being male since oxbow came up with it; so is it something to do with my being a Brit? Or am I just naive?

This thread caught my eye because my foster daughter is undergoing breast surgery for cancer this evening.

Which is how it caught my curiosity.

Which is why I'm now confused!

:?

Cheers
Hud

“Man has no right to kill his brother. It is no excuse that he does so in uniform: he only adds the infamy of servitude to the crime of murder.”
Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

oxbow1
Elite
Elite

#14 Unread post by oxbow1 »

Rack, is an American term for a pair of Breast's, as in "she's got a nice rack"

don't feel bad, I've been listening to The Who for 25 years and I just recently found out that a lorry is a truck.
I Only Kill Deer Because The Live One's Are Hard To Eat.

93 Nighthawk 750

sv-wolf
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Honda Fireblade, 2004: Suzuki DR650, 201

#15 Unread post by sv-wolf »

oxbow1 wrote:Rack, is an American term for a pair of Breast's, as in "she's got a nice rack"

don't feel bad, I've been listening to The Who for 25 years and I just recently found out that a lorry is a truck.
Cheers Oxbow. I feel somehow more complete now for knowing that. :D

By the way, to complete your education and to return the favour, a truck is only a 'lorry' when you are in the south of England. In the north of England a truck is a 'waggon'. It is one of the ways British tribes learn to distrust each other.
Hud

“Man has no right to kill his brother. It is no excuse that he does so in uniform: he only adds the infamy of servitude to the crime of murder.”
Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#16 Unread post by MZ33 »

okay I got a couple of slaps for my name ideas
Oxbow, those were friendly little "slaps!" I don't think any of us were in a huff. But it really was not that long ago that breasts and women's issues were something one didn't talk about, except in discreet, low tones.

And personally, if I had breast cancer, I don't know how I'd feel about using coarse slang to promote my cause. And if you haven't had someone in power make suggestive comments about your body, then I don't think I can explain how, somewhere in the heart of me, that there is a big difference between casual talk between friends, and using the same words as the official name of a promotional event.

So, to clarify: To me, yes, those titles are all quite funny. At a bar or coffee shop. Just not for the real, official events .

Just my humble opinion.
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

oxbow1
Elite
Elite

#17 Unread post by oxbow1 »

MZ33, I was cool with it and kind of expected it and I did take it as friendly so don't worry about that.
I just thought that it was funny that I was a little apprehensive about even asking that question because I didn't want to come across as sexist and Avon has a big pair of inflateable boob's as the waypoint for thier BC walk.
I have a Mom, 2 sisters, wife, and daughter and would have to slap the guy to sleep that spoke of them in a derogatory manner,so I am with you there.
Most of my clients are women and 80% of them are lesbians and they talk like I'm not even there so I hear alot of "girl talk" and they think it's funny when they embarrass me.
I'll PM you a funny story

I do know what it's like to have someone in power comment on my body
I have a Wife :lol:
I Only Kill Deer Because The Live One's Are Hard To Eat.

93 Nighthawk 750