gv250 hyosung aquila

wonderjana
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

gv250 hyosung aquila

#1 Unread post by wonderjana »

Hey Ladies,
I am a 5'3", 109 lb beginning motorcycle rider. I passed my Riders Edge course on a Buell Blast, which is a 492cc and weighs in around 350 pounds. I had the low profile seat on it and it handled pretty good for me.

I am now in the market for a new bike and can only spend $3500 or so and don't really like the rebel. I was interested in the suzuki M50 but it is only a single cam and the reviews arent' that great.

I really like the hyosung gv250. It is a big cruiser style while being low price, low to the ground and very big cruiser looking. Unfortunately I havne't found too many reviews on it and it is a newer line. Has anyone owned or ridden one of these bikes? If so I would love information about it.

Also, how about haggling for a new bike? Can you go below the msrp if you have the cash and are ready to spend it? And if so, how much below is reasonable?

thanks so much,
Jana
Jana

follow
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#2 Unread post by follow »

Welcome and congrats on passing your Riders Edge class. I myself ride a Streetglide so as far as the bike goes I have no answer but I'm sure someone will. Good Luck and have fun shopping. Remember Gatt.
I follow a new highway I haven't traveled before.

[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/2rpwdjq.jpg[/img] [img]http://i43.tinypic.com/wswow4.jpg[/img]

IBA Member: SS1000, BB1500, BBGold

HD 07 Street Glide-mine
HD 02 Road King-ours
Honda 06 ST1300-ours
Honda 97 ST1100-mine

Iamjustifyd
Veteran
Veteran

#3 Unread post by Iamjustifyd »

http://www.motorcycleforum.com/showthread.php?t=79039

Try reading the posts here. Hope they help out.

Sherry
Whatever happened...I didn't do it!!
2007 ninja 250r Sold
2004 Ninja 500R sold
2003 Bandit 600

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#4 Unread post by blues2cruise »

:welcome2:

If your budget is limited, have you considered looking for a used bike?
It would open up your options.

bikernana
Regular
Regular

#5 Unread post by bikernana »

Congrats on passing! Looking for your first bike is fun. I got an 07 Suzuki Blvd. C40. It's perfect for me. I'm 5'4" and have about a 30" inseam. I can sit flat footed and since the weight is about 350 lbs, I can handle is pretty well. For me, it's easy to ride and control, and the low/mid range torque makes it fun to ride. Good luck.
Stay Safe,

Biker Nana AKA Sandy

2007 Suzuki C40 (Mine)
2007 Ninja 250 (My first but Hubby wanted me to have something w/more ccs.)
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 (Hubby's)

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#6 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Hi and welcome!
:welcome:

Congrats on passing your course! The Buell Blast is a great starter bike. Any reason why you wouldn't want to buy one of those (unless it's out of your price range...)?

It's quite easy to find a good bike on a limited budget because there are some new bikes that are super well priced but you can also buy used bikes for smokin' hot deals.

I don't know anything about the Hyosung you're asking about, but I will draw your attention to the Kymco Venox. TMW did a review of it and I was lucky enough to be a part of it. The bike was FANTASTIC for a smaller-cc'd cruiser. IMHO the best part was the size of the bike - the bike looked like a much bigger cc bike than it was (it's only a 250 cc). Check out our review here:

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/reviews/ ... ruiser.htm

As for haggling, absolutely you can try to get a lower price, it's just like buying a car. There are no guarantees, but it can't hurt to ask. :wink:

Good luck and let us know how your shopping goes!

Andrea :)
Andrea :sun: