Rosco and the blogging thereof

noodlenoggin
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: 1995 Ford Thunderbird =-(

#111 Unread post by noodlenoggin »

Hey there, good to hear some Roscow...I think. Hey, I'm on the Norvasc and hctz for my b.p. Seems to work okay. They say I'm much better now...

As for having the stranger-danger heebie-jeebies? Well dang, our parents spent our entire childhoods filling us with the fear of strangers tearing our arms off and raping us with 'em, and feeding us razor blades in our Halloween candy...and then turning us loose in a world full of strangers. No wonder we're all freaked out! Gawwr!
1979 XS650F -- "Hi, My name's Nick, and I'm a Motorcyclist. I've been dry for four years." (Everybody: "Hi, Nick.")

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#112 Unread post by roscowgo »

Mines a touch beyond that. I've coped with it since I was a kid....and 99.99% of people would call it "shyness" But I'm just flat freaked out by people in meatspace. Family I haven't seen in awhile. Waiters, gas station attendants, ticket takers, random people in line waiting for stuff. Of course all the usual "shy" remedies followed...here meet this huge group of people. Hey all 488 of your cousins unexpectedly dropped by, go play with em. 27 years of that is enough.

Obviously I can cope. I manage to buy gas and the like. But it really really sucks. I'm hopin the lil blue pills make life easier. :D If not..then I'll just continue to cope, and work on my typing skills.

:laughing:

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#113 Unread post by roscowgo »

Holy assballs its been awhile hasn't it?

I've been riding and riding, then i go for another ride. Don't think i've moved my truck more than 15 feet in 3 months.

Got some new gadjets and pics to share with yall.

Power outlet mounted to a holding strap on my new Marsee tank bag.
Top down shot of my "custom" gadjet holders. The empty one on the bottom holds the camera.
Shot of the inside and my 10$ 1into 3+usb cig splitter.
And thats the base. (before I took the tank off to mount it somewhat correctly.)

That bag kicks much butt. 93$ closeout in newenough right now. zips on and off in just a couple of seconds. buttloads of quick easy storage, see through lid to keep the rain off, and......empty pockets.

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#114 Unread post by roscowgo »

Some pics of a trip to one of my remote offices in Union WV.

The ride down ... bleh. Interstate.

Those are all from the same spot. (The driveway to some goodyear plant I think) Not bad eh?

The civ war statue at the end of town. The hills on the left are the same ones on the right from earlier.

The old mill obviously. No idea whats up with this place, but it's on my backroads return trip to the office.

About midway between Hinton and Union WV. I stop here usually to snag a drink from the ever friendly coke machine.

That is the Dam that created the bluestone lake from the New River, Mile farther down the road the greenbrier and the New river merge. To give some idea of the ridiculous scale of this dam out in the middle of nowhere, check out the backhoe on the right hand side of the second pic. Thats at max mechanical zoom for my camera.

The dam pics at the end are taken from a beautiful little park that I was too stupid to take pics of. I'm working on getting video of the twisties going up the hills back toward my town. Maybe this weekend.

And if by any chance you would want to see the full size pics...

Gallery

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#115 Unread post by roscowgo »

Hello all, Just topping in to say howdy and ltns.

Everybody doin ok?

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#116 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Where the heck have y'all been?

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#117 Unread post by roscowgo »

Oh here and there. Lots and lots and lots of work lately.

Even managed one 97 hour week.

Whee. :laughing:

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#118 Unread post by Wrider »

Well we're glad you're doing ok! Bike still upright and shiny and such? Don't work yourself to death.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#119 Unread post by roscowgo »

Bike is in good shape. Not riding at the moment. My bp pills are screwing with my equilibrium something fierce. I'd rather not be going down the road and have to argue with my brain that "No in fact the world did Not just flip upside down and curve to the right."

:x

Eh. I'll muddle through :)

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#120 Unread post by Wrider »

Yeah that's not such a good feeling. Hard enough while driving, I can't imagine doing it while riding.
High BP? Easy fix, just let some out every day and you're good to go! :laughing:
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha