IMOALE's CB350 Garage Build

IMOALE
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by IMOALE »

Not much done today had to work some extra hours. Oh well track and confirm says my spoke will be in tommorow or monday hopefull will have it all laced up real soon.
ONE MEAN CHIHUAHUA

IMOALE
Rookie
Rookie

#12 Unread post by IMOALE »

Dragged the stump home today from work and set it up

And couldn't wait to make some noise and give it a wack at a practice rear cowl. Not to bad for a first try but not exactly what I hoped for.

And my arm is gonna hurt tommorrow. :roll:
ONE MEAN CHIHUAHUA

IMOALE
Rookie
Rookie

I NEED YOUR HELP

#13 Unread post by IMOALE »

OK I got my spokes for my 16 rim and so I took apart my cb350 rear rim and I can't get it to lace up. I get a quarter of the way arond and then the spokes don't reach I need help. Anyone other there??? :frusty: I emailed the guy I bought them from and I got " No one has ever complained before". Is it that I'm lacing a japanese rim and not a Harley?
ONE MEAN CHIHUAHUA

IMOALE
Rookie
Rookie

#14 Unread post by IMOALE »

It looks like its the fact that I trying to lace a japanese rim with spokes designed to work with a harley. I laced it up using my old cb250 spokes. and it looks like it will true up. Except I'll have to grind off about an 1/8 off all the spokes. Pictures soon.

Any comments are welcome. Really.
ONE MEAN CHIHUAHUA

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#15 Unread post by Shorts »

Good stuff :sitbackandwatch:

IMOALE
Rookie
Rookie

#16 Unread post by IMOALE »

Have'nt been able to work on my horses lately. Working on a friends Yamaha Rhino in order to make some cash to feed the horses. No help on my wheel lacing so far. I'm gonna have to shop my local bike shops for spokes that will work. Excel and JP cycles couldn't help so it looks like I'll be pioneering into unkown territory. Custom spoke are budget killers so Ill have to steer clear of that. I have the metal to work on my rear cowl. Looking at some parts on ebay maybe I can snipe them up and finish my engine build. Also have a trip to Lego Land thats gonna put a drain on the bank account. All in all the budget is the killer, but well keep on at it. I want ride soon the weather is nice.
ONE MEAN CHIHUAHUA

IMOALE
Rookie
Rookie

#17 Unread post by IMOALE »

Said screw it today and decided to work on the cafe. The rhino isn't going anywhere tonight. I cut my self a nice big circle out of the metal and started pounding out my rear cowl .03 and the third might be the charm. here are some pics. Now that it seems feesable Im gonna aquire an english wheel and giver cowl .03 a go.

ONE MEAN CHIHUAHUA

IMOALE
Rookie
Rookie

#18 Unread post by IMOALE »

OKAY I NEED AN ANSWER GUYS. DO I NEED AN ENGLISH WHEEL OR PLANISHING HAMMER TO SMOOTHOUT MY COWL???? :?
ONE MEAN CHIHUAHUA

IMOALE
Rookie
Rookie

#19 Unread post by IMOALE »

THANKS GUYS YOU'VE BEEN ALOT OF HELP NOOOOOT.
ONE MEAN CHIHUAHUA

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#20 Unread post by Johnj »

Dude, there is no reason to yell at us. Check your Caps Lock and turn it off.

Planishing (from the Latin planus, "flat") is a metalworking technique used to smooth sheet metal.

After a piece of metal has been roughly formed by techniques such as sinking or raising, the surface will have irregular indentations and bumps. To remove these imperfections, the piece is hammered between a flat or slightly curved hammer and a special forming object known as a planishing stake. Using repeated, relatively soft blows, the piece is smoothed toward the curvature of the stake.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.