Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#1341 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

ofblong wrote:
Ninja Geoff wrote:
ofblong wrote:ill test it fer ya :D.

Finally got my heater core changed in the van. Took me 45 mintues to get to the core and 3 hours to get the 2 hoses off the pipes in the 6" of space I had to work with. Finally got those buggers off (short of cutting them off which I was about 2 do) and it took me all of 45 min to reinstall everything. Now I cant figure out how to "bleed" the air out because both bleed screws are below the hoses and well I dont want to be running the pump with the bleed screws open. So I do get heat but its a warm heat instead of a hot heat.
run the vehicle with the radiator open and the heat blasting on full. As the heater core draws coolant to it, the level of coolant in the radiator will lower. Top off accordingly.
BuzZz wrote:Went to my lil Sis's 40th B-day party lastnight (since I spent today either in bed or melted into the couch, this must count as 'today' I spose). The Bro-in-law went all out and planned a huge surprise party for her with catered food, more booze than most bars have, and bellydancing lessons for the women folk....which worked out great because as the girls got drunker, they got more into showing off this new 'skill set' they developed...... and Sis has some hot friends...... :mrgreen:

:twisted: and I confirmed I am definitely on my way to becoming a dirty old man..... :twisted:

drunk girls are so much fun....
What were you before, just a dirty middle aged man? :mrgreen:
im just worried leaving it open will cause some sort of issue I dont want to deal with.
keep checking the coolant resevoir. If it's low, fill that up at least.
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#1342 Unread post by ofblong »

trust me I learned that allowing dex-cool to go "empty" in the resevoir = bad things happen.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#1343 Unread post by JC Viper »

Geez, I go to get some food and I end up in the wrong place at the wrong time. Some guy had a tirade in the KFC yelling at the manager. A minute later he is almost taking swings at him. Since it didn't involve me in anyway I just maintained my cool as if nothing was going on but I kept my eye on the prick. Plus this was inside a rail station (Penn Station IN nYC) so there were cops and national guards everywhere (they came in the end but it took some time).

A couple of minutes later he starts moving in circles around the manager and swinging his fists toward him and then he begins to back up and then moves right into me despite me moving away. At that moment I was expecting him to lash out at me and I was prepared to make quick take down if he looked like he was going to pull something and do it before he does. Instead he freezes for a couple of seconds and goes back to swing at the manager. I just stood there looking at the guy but I looked like nothing had happened. I was the next guy in line and turned to the cashier and this pretty cute girl in front of me gave me this look... I felt like she was looking at me for being a wuss.

I wasn't the only guy in the shop but they didn't the idiot fall into them and my shaolin master told me to never do a thing unless cornered in order to avoid legal and physical trouble. I'm still troubled by the feeling that I should've man up and restrain his "O Ring" for the cops (I'm in the cadet corps now so I hope that doesn't make me look bad). I almost feel like I let people walk all over me and that if I had a girlfriend I could never protect her.

To those that say I should've left I say at first the guy looked like a regular customer disputing something with the manager. Then (this is a guy thing) I didn't want to look like a "dog" running out when the guy begins yelling at him and no one else.

Besides I'm at a point in my life that I hope God takes away my current life and gives me a new one with actual friends (not people I just say hey and bye to within a 5 minute range) and a family that cares about their middle child and not only the first born and daughter. Yes, I'm a boring person with not much of a life, even if I make an effort to interact. I'm not part of their group of friends that they would call. In fact no one has called me in a long time. I hate being lame. My life is just one big lie, I haven't accomplished anything, I have no talents and at this rate I'll end up homeless accompanied by my insanity of going to school, coming home and just lay in bed after doing my work. I can't get hired anywhere good because I don't have friends to get me in and I'm stuck at minimum wage and nowhere to go on the weekends. Slowly going insane. How could my parents put more focus on my older brother and younger sister and just stay out of my life except when something bad happens then I get a nice beating all the way to 18. Maybe I should sell my amp and guitar since I can't do sh*t with it.

I guess thats my rant of the day, I'll be a hero in the Marines not as a civilian I guess I should remain passive. Here's hoping for a quick death while if I'm ever on active duty. Army of one pendejo!

Digital folks FTW!!

Sincerely, Biff Loman.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#1344 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I'd be willing to bet that if someone you cared about were being threatened you would step up to protect them.

Since no actual blows happened, you were wise to stay out of it.

And...quit beating yourself up and calling yourself a loser........it won't help your self esteem.
You probably have positive attributes if you just took some time sit down and think about them. Write them down......you might be surprised. :)

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#1345 Unread post by JC Viper »

I haven't actually hung out with anyone in over 5 years. Friends stopped calling me immediately after October 2001 and people i spent some time with had to go meet up with their other friends after spending 10 minutes with me. I think I'm actually going insane. Can't get a steady job because no friends or family to help me get in and no references. I try to get an entry level job but somehow my history at UPS and Wendy's doesn't seem to matter which in turn complicates things because they say experience is preferred or necessary, kinda hard to get a foot in the door and going back to fast food is only a 3 day a week job and can't go back to UPS because I left and they don't do rehires unless I had a friend to get me back in.

School is no help because I'm not able to focus because I can't sleep. Hatred for my parents not pushing me into anything leaving me with no real talent. They want my sister to be successful because she's a girl and my bro is a first born so no need to explain there. My school put me on probation because one of my professors got a feeling I might be "psychotic" (not in touch with reality or makes fantasies to fill a void) so now I am ordered to get counseling or face expulsion. Medication won't do a thing because this is not a chemical thing, my problem is real.

Years of spending time solitary has eroded my social skills which now makes things even worse to the point to where I talk to myself or say thoughts outloud to myself. Thousands of dollars wasted on my guitar equipment and can't play real music without a band ---> no band because no friends ---> no friends = My self esteem in a nutshell.

The sad thing is my brother and sister are the only ones I consider family and I am bitter towards them because their lives were improved through nurturing while I got my "O Ring" beat for being a wild child. I tried thinking positive thoughts but somehow they end up back to these. Catcher in the Rye is a good book.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#1346 Unread post by Shorts »

JC Viper, you did the right thing. Check your PMs

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#1347 Unread post by Shorts »

ofblong wrote:trust me I learned that allowing dex-cool to go "empty" in the resevoir = bad things happen.

Hey, you think letting it run dry is bad, you should try mixing Dexcool with Ethelyne Glycol :twisted:

poet
Site Supporter - Platinum

#1348 Unread post by poet »

Surprised my wife with a limo, No Ural was available, to a french restaurant for our 10th anniversary and gave her a blue star sapphire ring.

She was surprised and we got drunk ... what a good night.

Oh, and now I get to watch UFC 91 ... watch out Randy he is big 8)
http://www.fridgedoor.com/apblmaysunjo.html
-Apache Blessing

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither." paraphrased different ways - Benjamin Franklin ... also Associated to Thomas Jefferson

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#1349 Unread post by Shorts »

poet wrote:Surprised my wife with a limo, No Ural was available, to a french restaurant for our 10th anniversary and gave her a blue star sapphire ring.

She was surprised and we got drunk ... what a good night.

Oh, and now I get to watch UFC 91 ... watch out Randy he is big 8)

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like yall had a great night! :thumbsup:

poet

#1350 Unread post by poet »

Shorts wrote:Happy Anniversary! Sounds like yall had a great night! :thumbsup:
:mrgreen:
She will keep me for another 10 years.
http://www.fridgedoor.com/apblmaysunjo.html
-Apache Blessing

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither." paraphrased different ways - Benjamin Franklin ... also Associated to Thomas Jefferson