childminding.....3 boys.....almost 2; almost 3; and 6. :shock:

I'm exhausted now. :lol:

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#1362 Unread post by ceemes »

blues2cruise wrote:childminding.....3 boys.....almost 2; almost 3; and 6. :shock:

I'm exhausted now. :lol:
Give me a call next time before you plan on having the rug rats over and I will bring over and lend you my Patented "Uncle Chris Child Rearing Electric Cattle Prod". Guaranteed to calm down and quieten (after the initial screaming dies down to gentle sobs) the unruliest of boys. Child tested and proven over many years on five of the most unruly and uncivilized nephews an Uncle could ever ask for. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Always ask why.

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#1363 Unread post by ofblong »

Ninja Geoff wrote:
ofblong wrote:
Ninja Geoff wrote:Today I checked out a car! It's looking like a sure thing that I'm going to get it. It's at some little shop, guy buys cars from auctions, fixes and sells them. He JUST got it in this morning, he's going to call me tomorrow sometime with either a list of repairs it needs or a price. Then I can start buying parts for it! Nothing crazy, just new headlights (projectors 8)). It's a 1998 Legacy GT.

Also did about 50 miles on the ninja (which is how I found the LGT) in this wonderful weather we're still having. It was a nice warm 41 degrees, too! I love my gear, lol.

And may be ordering some lights for the Ninja as well. Some 3"x3" fog lights, should be able to mount them under the headlight and tucked back some. Also getting some higher wattage H7 bulbs. Winter project is going to be making a new headlight harness and installing the fogs. And trying to upgrade the charging system some. It's going to need to supply an extra 120 watts of power with highbeams and fog lights going.
bastrd its snowing here. got some accumulation and a nice leak in my roof. Good thing its only the part over my front porch but still gonna be a pain $$$ wise cause im too lazy to do it myself in this weather.
Oh, I hope it snows as soon as I put the bike away. And I have a car. I've always liked going out on the first real snowfall and driving around. No one is out, the roads are untouched, and the cops are all busy drinking coffee and eating donuts to be out chasing you down for doing donuts and power sliding :twisted:
Well I passed about 8 cars on my 11 mile drive to work. I was doing 60mph and they were maybe doing 45 if that. one I passed so fast I thought I was gonna blow the car over lol. seriously they were going WWWAAAYYY to slow. Slow people are the ones who cause accidents.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#1364 Unread post by JC Viper »

When it snows I try to make a trek in one of our vehicles to do a bit of rallycross in a spot I know of in Long Island. Unfortunately I've been ordered not to due to the high mileage on the car/ SUV.

I like going to Manhattan when it snows, feels kinda cinematic.

It finally reached below 30 F around my area and as usual used the bike instead of the car to get around. My gear has made me forget how cool it was until I took off my helmet and it appears that cold weather isn't stopping other riders either. Shame the average person still think we're crazy because we must be freezing, but I'm warmer than the person waiting at the bus stop in their designer clothes that are more form than function.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#1365 Unread post by JC Viper »

I love how bigotry is acceptable when it comes to Asians, specifically Chinese people, yet to do so against a black or hispanic person is taboo. Apparently there's constant news on Chinese spies stealing American secrets, chinese crooks trying to kill your kid or take your money for a bad product. This is leading the general public to distrust any Chinese person, American born or not, and now are somehow barred from gaining any sort of clearance ever again. It's not like Chinese people are the first and only ones to do so but it sells and the average American is too stupid and just follows the crowd.

I encountered some stupid "poo poo" today hearing about people, some black (i want to say the N word so badly), talking about how chinese people should just stay in their land and stop screwing the world and then give me a look as if I couldn't do anything and this is in a school for Criminal Justice.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#1366 Unread post by ceemes »

JC Viper wrote:I love how bigotry is acceptable when it comes to Asians, specifically Chinese people, yet to do so against a black or hispanic person is taboo. Apparently there's constant news on Chinese spies stealing American secrets, chinese crooks trying to kill your kid or take your money for a bad product. This is leading the general public to distrust any Chinese person, American born or not, and now are somehow barred from gaining any sort of clearance ever again. It's not like Chinese people are the first and only ones to do so but it sells and the average American is too stupid and just follows the crowd.

I encountered some stupid "poo poo" today hearing about people, some black (i want to say the N word so badly), talking about how chinese people should just stay in their land and stop screwing the world and then give me a look as if I couldn't do anything and this is in a school for Criminal Justice.
Racism comes in many shades, shapes and colours, trust me on this one. No one race, nationality or religion is immune from it.

One would think that being white and Canadian, I would be pretty immune from racism, but not true. I was dating a Chinese girl who immigrated from Taiwan to Canada (after mom and dad were chased out of the mainland along with the rest of the losing Nationalist forces.). I was a deep and dark secret to be kept from her parents however someone must of spotted us together and told them. She was given an ultimatum, lose the yáng guǐzi or face expulsion from the family.

Took her four weeks to decide, and being their only child and means of support, she choose family over me. To add insult to injury, the "nice" Chinese boy they hooked her up with promptly got her knocked up and forced her to have an abortion. Now you would think all this would sour me on the Chinese people, but it didn't. All it did was confirm my basic belief that there are plenty of ignorant racist arseholes in all races.

Sadly I have to admit, there is a lot racism directed towards Asian and East Indians where I live. In my office there is a woman who is very proud of her German heritage and seems to feel Germans are the greatest people on the earth. I take great pleasure in reminding her that my people, the British and Canadian had a hand in handing her people their collected arses on plater twice during the 20th Century.

She always goes on about the Chinese who make up the bulk of the population in Richmond BC, how they are driving up housing prices, how they don't eat normal food (and since when is Sour Kraut considered to be normal food????), how they can't drive, or speak English with an accent. I tell her if she doesn't like it, then move back to Germany.

And members of my immediate family can be just as bad, going on about East Indian in Surrey BC. My brother always goes on about how bad of drivers they are. My come back was, up to my last accident, that I have been knocked off my bike five times as a courier, and each bloody time by some middle aged white guy who was not paying attention while changing lanes or blowing through a stop sign. Although the last person to hit me was an East Indian.

When I hear people going on about other races, I like to ask them which of the First Nations (Native American Tribes) do they belong to? That usually shuts them up. Thing is, both Canada and the US are nations built by immigrants from all over the world. You would think because of that, we would a lot more tolerant and understanding towards others. Sadly this in not true.

Oh and Viper, next time you hear some knob going on about how the Chinese are spying on and stealng American technology and secrets, ask them how they feel about the Israeli's. Those boys have been spying on and stealing and selling US secrets for decades, and lets not forget about the USS Liberty incident. Of course the US has done the same in other parts of the world as has every nation going.
Always ask why.

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#1367 Unread post by JC Viper »

Can't ask them about US spying otherwise I'd be one of them Chinamen. National pride or some stuff like it. These kinds of stories are shown on Fox owned channels, and it's surprising how people forgot about all the spying from British to Germans to Russians during WW2 - now. I also would hope that products made in China be limited when shipped over here.

Mr. Invisible
Elite
Elite

#1368 Unread post by Mr. Invisible »

But their products are made by American Corporations, no wait. That is Mexico. :laughing:

What is sad is how China poisoned us and our pets and got away with it.

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#1369 Unread post by JC Viper »

I just got my insurance renewal for the bike. It's not due till the last week of December but they figured to send it now. For full coverage on my Vulcan comes out to $400 and I'm 23 with a speeding ticket and 2 documented accidents, for some reason I think something's a miss. Oh well it's all good, maybe I don't need full coverage on a 5 year old bike but then I lose the free Roadside assistance.

Time to go see how much of a drop I get on car insurance.

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#1370 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

Make sure there's medical coverage on that!
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]