So... What are your thoughts???

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#11 Unread post by Shorts »

blues2cruise wrote:Gear is a lying ba$tard. He deserves to have the charges against him.

While it may be dumb to follow someone home.....Mough did not deserve to be hurt.......
A 911 call would have been the prudent choice of action. The stupid teenage girl should also have her license revoked.

And.....it's things like this why some question the 2nd ammendment.

If those girls would have run that rider over and killed him the first time they collided, who would you be blaming, the cage or the driver?

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#12 Unread post by JC Viper »

Despite having been a responsible teenage driver I'm starting to think that the girls were too busy on other things than driving (texting, gabbing with each other etc.) like many teens are and nearly hit him with the girls thinking he cut them off. As for a bike hitting a car on purpose well either the girls are lying or Mough was a Darwin award contestant. If he hit them intentionally and hard enough to leave evidence of a collision how the hell did he manage to stay upright?

And a missile? It's easier to jump out of the way of a bike than a car and easily knock the rider off or if there was a collision then the bike would be down and both would be hurt pretty badly. And it was a new motorcycle, why would someone do that to something they just bought? Not to mention that the bullet was exiting the front (I wish I could have photos I need to see how I would fare once I get my Forensics degree).

And a quote from someone who knows the area:

I travel Atlanta Highway through Oconee into Barrow County often. The turn lane these girls are referring to is actually the through lane (there is a third, far left turn lane heading onto 78, it does not seem to be the one he was in). The right lane they were in has a sign that indicates that lane is merging in the lane he was in....giving him the right of way. Because of this, I agree with musicchick3 that the car hit the bike somewhere where old 29 merges into one lane.
Last edited by JC Viper on Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#13 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Shorts wrote:
blues2cruise wrote:Gear is a lying ba$tard. He deserves to have the charges against him.

While it may be dumb to follow someone home.....Mough did not deserve to be hurt.......
A 911 call would have been the prudent choice of action. The stupid teenage girl should also have her license revoked.

And.....it's things like this why some question the 2nd ammendment.

If those girls would have run that rider over and killed him the first time they collided, who would you be blaming, the cage or the driver?
That would be like comparing apples to oranges. In your country you have a right to have a gun.....but driving is not a right...it is priviledge that has to be earned....
I have no more to say on the subject.

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#14 Unread post by Shorts »

blues2cruise wrote: That would be like comparing apples to oranges. In your country you have a right to have a gun.....but driving is not a right...it is priviledge that has to be earned....
I have no more to say on the subject.

Oh you don't need to say more, you're right.

A privilege must be earned, an inalienable right doesn't.

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#15 Unread post by JC Viper »

BJ was a motorcyclist, clearly he was a bad man since only outlaws ride them things.

I wish the mother would get charged with Accessory and the daughters with perjury but it won't happen...
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

Mr. Invisible
Elite
Elite

#16 Unread post by Mr. Invisible »

http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/112 ... 1121.shtml
http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/112 ... 7963.shtml
http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/112 ... 0406.shtml

Only question I have so far is why didn't the 18 year old girl dial 911 instead of Mommy, and why didn't mom tell her to hang up and call 911?

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#17 Unread post by BuzZz »

Sounds to me like the Gear family has an extra chromosome or 3. And they all seem to either be pathological liars or borderline mental defectives....... likely a mixture of both. I would like to see them all get convicted of various felonies, but since that won't happen, I hope the Old Man goes down for a loooooong time.

What kinda idiot is 'scared' of a motorcycle while driving a car? Especially after tagging him once already? I would think Mough was following them to get insurance info after they hit-n-run him on his bike, which the girl admitted to.

Sounds like that family has had similar issues with guns and careless behavior in the past. The kids seem to be just as screwed up as the Dad and Mom, and seem just as unable to co-exist with other members of society. And it's always somebody else's fault...... :frusty:

Too bad Ricky Gear's mother didn't swallow 46 years ago. Would have saved the world from wasting food and oxygen keeping that whole family alive all this time.

Think I just excused myself from ever having Jury duty, didn't I? :twisted:
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#18 Unread post by JC Viper »

This is more of a story of two spoiled trashy girls who made a bread move and clipped a biker and tried to get insurance info or some consolation. Since the road is Gear Road this means the family (and it appears to be so) that they have influence in the town. This is where Ricky Bobby Gear, his drunkard of a wife and his delusional spoiled brats get their "better than everyone" mentality. Ricky's brother in-law is a police officer with the county which makes me wonder if it had anything to do with the Operator not believing the earlier victim's distress call and somewhat mocking her.

People who know the area clearly stated that the motorcyclist had the right of way. Not to mention that the girls said the biker was following the girls while in front of them but then they drove ahead of him. Also the road splits into two, one leading to a gravel filled driveway and another road with a seemingly dead end so BJ probably felt he had no choice but to turn around.

Now the family has crocodile tears while in the beginning they called BJ unfavorable names. I seriously hope the wife and daughters get tried for accessory or at least perjury. This story doesn't do any good for responsible gun owners or licensees such as my self and others on this board with the general bullcrap fed public. I guess bikers should start packing if the verdict isn't too bad for Gear.

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#19 Unread post by Shorts »

JC Viper wrote:This is more of a story of two spoiled trashy girls who made a bread move and clipped a biker and tried to get insurance info or some consolation. Since the road is Gear Road this means the family (and it appears to be so) that they have influence in the town. This is where Ricky Bobby Gear, his drunkard of a wife and his delusional spoiled brats get their "better than everyone" mentality. Ricky's brother in-law is a police officer with the county which makes me wonder if it had anything to do with the Operator not believing the earlier victim's distress call and somewhat mocking her.

People who know the area clearly stated that the motorcyclist had the right of way. Not to mention that the girls said the biker was following the girls while in front of them but then they drove ahead of him. Also the road splits into two, one leading to a gravel filled driveway and another road with a seemingly dead end so BJ probably felt he had no choice but to turn around.

Now the family has crocodile tears while in the beginning they called BJ unfavorable names. I seriously hope the wife and daughters get tried for accessory or at least perjury. This story doesn't do any good for responsible gun owners or licensees such as my self and others on this board with the general bullcrap fed public. I guess bikers should start packing if the verdict isn't too bad for Gear.

You know as well as I do that "personal responsibility" has no place in today's society. :ninja:

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#20 Unread post by jstark47 »

Sentenced, yesterday's paper:

"Richard Harold “Ricky” Gear, was sentenced to life plus five years for malice murder, felony murder and aggravated assault in the Feb. 25 death of Bryan Joseph “B.J.” Mough"
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S