What did you do today...

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#1391 Unread post by Wrider »

ofblong wrote:I went to the junkyard and got a tailgate pin for my "used" truck. Put it on and reinstalled the tailgate. woohoo now I need to go get some sand bags to throw in the back and im all set :D. Either that or something else thats heavy.
Haha my first car was a 92 Isuzu pickup. When I put sandbags in during the winter (2 70 lb bags) that thing was so small it actually affected my gas mileage 2-3 mpg. Haha.

Glad you've got the new truck though! Let us know how the RWD doughnuts are! :laughing:
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#1392 Unread post by Shorts »

Ate more turkey and gravy and green bean casserole. One more turkey leg and serving of bean-beans and that stuff it gone! hehehehe

Oh..also worked on more holsters. I wasn't anticipating still working on gear this late in the year but I'm glad to get folks items they need.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#1393 Unread post by dr_bar »

ofblong wrote:I went to the junkyard and got a tailgate pin for my "used" truck. Put it on and reinstalled the tailgate. woohoo now I need to go get some sand bags to throw in the back and im all set :D. Either that or something else thats heavy.
The secret to driving in the snow with a two wheel drive pick up is all in what you put in the box... Remember, what ever you put in, has to come back out eventually. So, with that in mind, what I always put in my truck, was something that would eventually remove it's self... The snow from my drive way, it's got the weight I needed to get around, and when it warmed up, it just seemed to disappear... :mrgreen: :laughing:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#1394 Unread post by ofblong »

dr_bar wrote:
The secret to driving in the snow with a two wheel drive pick up is all in what you put in the box... Remember, what ever you put in, has to come back out eventually. So, with that in mind, what I always put in my truck, was something that would eventually remove it's self... The snow from my drive way, it's got the weight I needed to get around, and when it warmed up, it just seemed to disappear... :mrgreen: :laughing:
that might work if the truck stayed outside bbbuuuttt my wife INSISTS I park the truck in the garage (which I would rather devote the whole one side of the garage to my bike). Well in the garage snow tends to melt....
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#1395 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

WHA?!?!?! Trucks don't belong in garages! That's where motorcycles and tools go. When I had a ranger, I'd let the bed fill with snow and use that as weight. That and 2 - 5 5 gallon buckets of sand. Thing was a tank to drive fully weighted down. Poor truck didn't like it's life with me too well.
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#1396 Unread post by ofblong »

why cant people realize that its called BLACK FRIDAY because people tend to get trampled over and die ON THAT DAY. I had some dude tell me not to call it black friday cause someone died. WTF thats the reason it got called black friday in the first place. Idiot.....

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#1397 Unread post by ofblong »

Ninja Geoff wrote:WHA?!?!?! Trucks don't belong in garages! That's where motorcycles and tools go. When I had a ranger, I'd let the bed fill with snow and use that as weight. That and 2 - 5 5 gallon buckets of sand. Thing was a tank to drive fully weighted down. Poor truck didn't like it's life with me too well.
well I want to leave it outside. Its already got a ton of rust from sitting outside for its past 10 years of life. Wife doesnt want "anything" sitting in the driveway. If I wanted to worry about having to "scrape" snow/ice off the windshield I wouldnt drive it to work AND I would put a cover over the top of the cab that I could just pull off lol. Wife is ana about that stuff though. I do have all my tools in the garage and waiting for my motorcycle to get done in the shop so I can put it in the designated spot. Wifes gonna get mad when I put it up on the motorcycle jack to get the tires off the ground lol. Stealer wanted $250 to put a new dunlop 404 on the rear. I dont friggen think so.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#1398 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Johnj wrote:
B2C wrote:and then too late to go get my car to AirCare.....We have to get AirCare before we can insure out vehicles
AirCare? What is this? Explain please. :|
well....ceemes already gave you the run down.....
Cars 1992 or newer only have to go every 2 years. Mine is a 1994.....it doesn't save any money because they just charge double the annual rate.

It has helped a bit to reduce emissions around here.

The mini buses where I work also have to go through AirCare.

I have kept my car well maintained so it has always passed AirCare as if it were new.

There are ways to beat the system though if your car is a bit questionable......
If you know you will need to get AirCare soon, fill up a couple of times with premium gas and then go get tested. The engine will be cleaner and will have less emissions....
Also, if you have a car that is tuned to run with high rpm's.......get it tuned to lower rpm's before testing...probably pass....then after tune it back up the way you like it.

If your car fails, you will have to get it fixed before you can get proper insurance.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#1399 Unread post by Wrider »

ofblong wrote:why cant people realize that its called BLACK FRIDAY because people tend to get trampled over and die ON THAT DAY. I had some dude tell me not to call it black friday cause someone died. WTF thats the reason it got called black friday in the first place. Idiot.....
Actually I hear it's called that because even with the sales the stores sell so much they go deep into the black (versus the red) on that day and make most of their yearly profits like that.
Either way, wait til the broadband slowdown on sites like Amazon on Cyber Monday. Ugh...
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#1400 Unread post by JC Viper »

There's no good deals this time around. Plus something better comes out a short time later for the same price. Besides with the economy in poor shape I'm sure retailers will have some awesome deals coming up soon which makes Black Friday moot.

And $250 for a rear tire... I get charged that for installation of two tires, tubes, balancing and rim maintenance which comes out to $200 at most.

Now time to wait for the Canon Powershot G10 to go down in price even more.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.