I want a Triumph! Urban Sports Ed.

Big B
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male

I want a Triumph! Urban Sports Ed.

#1 Unread post by Big B »

OK, homes, so maybe you don't have a Triumph. S'ok (I don't either.... yet :twisted: ) But maybe you really, really want one. So which one? And why?

I'll start. This bike makes me feel all funny inside.

Stripped down awesomeness! A new one for me may be out of the question until college is done, but I've got my eye on a few used ones around. New Bike Day is coming!
Come join the super cool fun fun brand new fresh scented Triumph Usergroup!
Fun for the whole Family!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Out of the Urban Sports I'd go with the 2009 Triumph Speed Triple myself, it would have to be BLAZING ORANGE...ooo.

Sadly I don't fit on the dang thing (6'4") or I'd really, really, really want it.

Oh, and I'd HAVE to get the matching Blazing Orange tire rim tape as well. haha.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

shalihe74
Legendary
Legendary

#3 Unread post by shalihe74 »

I agree with Mike: if money isn't an issue, I'd take the SpeedTriple over the StreetTriple. The pure power and torque of the 1050 engine is just incredible - even in my Sprint, whose engine is detuned relative to the Speedy.

Caveat: I haven't ridden a StreetTriple, but I do have a Daytona (same engine, just not detuned) and have ridden a Speedy. I think that a Street is a good option for a newer rider, but I also think an experienced rider would really appreciate the Speedy a bit more.

I have a buddy with the Blaze Orange Speedy, and it is really really sexy. :)
[b][i]"Good girls go to heaven. Bad ones go to hell. And girls on fast bikes go anywhere they want." [/i]

2009 Triumph Sprint ST - daily commuter
2006 Triumph Daytona 675 - track bike
1999 Suzuki SV650 - track training bike[/b]

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#4 Unread post by ceemes »

This is the one I lust after, the Sprint ST

Here is my bud's Triumph.

And here's short vid of it in action against my Sabre.
A shameless plug to increase the viewed count of my you tube vids
Always ask why.

shalihe74
Legendary
Legendary

#5 Unread post by shalihe74 »

Oh, I've got a bad case of the smuggies... just can't help it...
ceemes wrote:This is the one I lust after, the Sprint ST

I sure do love mine - the blue is even more beautiful in person than in pics. Of course...
ceemes wrote:

I love my 675, too. That pic ^^^^, though, is the first time I've seen a SE and gone 'darn, that's a purty bike.' Normally I get caught up in the fact the golds don't match.
[b][i]"Good girls go to heaven. Bad ones go to hell. And girls on fast bikes go anywhere they want." [/i]

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#6 Unread post by High_Side »

totalmotorcycle wrote:Out of the Urban Sports I'd go with the 2009 Triumph Speed Triple myself, it would have to be BLAZING ORANGE...ooo.

Oh, and I'd HAVE to get the matching Blazing Orange tire rim tape as well. haha.

Mike
This is the one for me....only I'll take the white. The bike that I should have bought the last time around!

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#7 Unread post by ceemes »

shalihe74 wrote:Oh, I've got a bad case of the smuggies... just can't help it...
ceemes wrote:This is the one I lust after, the Sprint ST

I sure do love mine - the blue is even more beautiful in person than in pics. Of course...
ceemes wrote:

I love my 675, too. That pic ^^^^, though, is the first time I've seen a SE and gone 'darn, that's a purty bike.' Normally I get caught up in the fact the golds don't match.
There are words to describe people such as yourself. Words such as you and insufferable, and unspeakable, and smug, and basttard..... :mrgreen:

However, how does the 675 compare to the ST. I know I am sort of asking you to compare apples and oranges, but I'd be interested in hearing your opinion.
Always ask why.

shalihe74
Legendary
Legendary

#8 Unread post by shalihe74 »

ceemes wrote: There are words to describe people such as yourself. Words such as you and insufferable, and unspeakable, and smug, and basttard..... :mrgreen:

However, how does the 675 compare to the ST. I know I am sort of asking you to compare apples and oranges, but I'd be interested in hearing your opinion.
Guilty as charged. :laughing: What can I say? I love my bikes, and having more than one is still a new enough thing that I can't help but brag a bit. :twisted:

I honestly can't answer your question about comparing them. I haven't ridden the 675 since I got the Sprint 2 weeks ago. BUT... I'm taking the 675 with some folks from the SVrider's forum on Saturday, and will definitely let you know my thoughts. :mrgreen:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

There is something really nice about a Candy Apple deep red bike with gold accents or a black bike with gold accents.

They should do more paint and accent colours like these I feel, why stick with boring old solid colors all the time?

Big Image: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... a-FZ1h.jpg

Big image: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... itiona.jpg

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.