Who got you started

#1 Unread post by Ladymx »

Who got you in to riding?

barmy_carmy
Legendary
Legendary
Sex: Male

#2 Unread post by barmy_carmy »

My Dad, when I was 4yrs old, he gave me a ride on his Matcheless, Mum was running down the rd after my dad, cause I was on the bike and I loved it! :twisted:
I'm not riding fast...........Just flying low!

Gadjet
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 19
My Motorcycle: 2020 KTM 200 Duke

#3 Unread post by Gadjet »

My dad got me into riding a little over a year ago, but the craving really started 3 years ago when he got his new bike and rode as a passenger on the commute to and from work. Finally got tired of it and got my own ride. haven't looked back since.
1983 Suzuki GS650GL (sold)
2005 Kawasaki KLR 650 (sold)
2020 KTM 200 Duke
IBA#20953
IG: @greenmanwc

Mer
Veteran
Veteran

#4 Unread post by Mer »

My husband got me into riding. It has been a dream of his (to ride) for a long time. The time was right and he started talking about getting one. The more we talked and looked at bikes the more interested I became. I took the MSF class with him and it was over. I HAD to have my own bike! :D
Marianne

2005 Honda VTX 1300

barmy_carmy
Legendary
Legendary

#5 Unread post by barmy_carmy »

Would love to have my own wheels, just cant afford it.......When I win the lottery, that would be tops on my shopping list, go on a course a get licence for decent size bike or taylor made to fit me, only 4'11" lol! :laughing:
I'm not riding fast...........Just flying low!

Miss_C667
Regular
Regular

#6 Unread post by Miss_C667 »

Blame Keyoke. I would never have sat on a bike (again) if it wasn't for him.

Although according to my Dad when I was a young teenager, I wanted to drive around the States in a camper van, with a guitar and a motorbike in the back.

I blame Bonjovi for that ill concevied notion!
[i]Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures. [/i]

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#7 Unread post by sunshine229 »

When I was a kid I remember my Uncle and his friend taking my sister & I out around the block for a ride. I think I was only like 8 years old, and I hated it!

Then when I met my husband he started toting me around on the back of his bike and I didn't get too scared. Then we visited the Motorcycle show and I found a school that I was really comfortable with and so I signed up! When I got home, I still didn't know what I did.... Now I don't regret it!

Andrea :)
Andrea :sun:

Loonette
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#8 Unread post by Loonette »

I got myself and my husband into biking (he paid for it all though). What a blast!

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

poppygene
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#9 Unread post by poppygene »

I owe my almost lifelong infatuation with motorcycles to my ex-Marine uncle, Ben. He gave me a ride to school on his big Harley, an Electra-Glide I think it was, when I was 6. I was the hero of the day to my classmates and I was hooked. He later traded for a bike that we thought then was wickedly fast - a beautiful, black Norton. Uncle Ben died far too young at 43, in 1980 (not bike related). I remember him sometimes when I'm out on my bike and wonder what he'd think about the awesome machines we have today.
Along about 1966, a neighbor friend taught me to ride his new Yamaha 90. It wasn't long 'til I'd saved enough to get my own Yammie.
Let me get this straight... it's one down and four up, right?

[img]http://img93.exs.cx/img93/7837/aread0hm.gif[/img]

Mag7C
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#10 Unread post by Mag7C »

It did just hit me one day. I've always had it in the back of my mind that I like them, but was never really serious about buying one. Then about a month after my car accident I just didn't like cars anymore. Couldn't see enough, and driving to get away just wasn't an escape.
Then it hit me. Time to switch to motorcycle. Bought an old used one, took the safety course, and got endorsed.
Haven't looked back since! It's made me a better driver the few times I use a car, too :D .