Goretex riding boots

Tennif Shoe
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: VTX 1800c

#11 Unread post by Tennif Shoe »

i have red wing slip on boots, i can stand in ankle deep water all day and water will never get in. got so use to it that i was wearing my Doc Martins without thinking about it walked thru some water water came in the boot i said wtf
03 Honda VTX 1800c
87 Yamaha TT350
86 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 (sold) Have fun in Mexico Mr. Vulcan!

YES my spellin sucks, get over it, or you can be my personal spell check

demon_racer23
Rookie
Rookie

#12 Unread post by demon_racer23 »

Here a couple of womens motorcycle boots

this one is leather and gortex, but it doesn't say if it's waterproof
http://www.compacc.com/p.cfm/c/1002008/p/6635

these are waterproof but not gortex
http://www.compacc.com/p.cfm/c/1002008/p/20799

You may have to do some special shipping because it out of the country though...
My favorite bike sites!
www.motorcycle-usa.com
www.compacc.com
www.helmetexpress.com
www.tireexpress.com

Big B
Site Supporter - Platinum

#13 Unread post by Big B »

ceemes wrote:Water/rain proof riding boots are an oxymoron, just like military intelligence or jumbo shrimp. The only boots that I have found to be totally water proof were the steel toed Wellington Boots I wore as a courier during Vancouver's wet fall to spring season.
Not the most eye catching fashion statement, but tootsies did stay dry. They had the added bonus of being great for kicking out tail light lens's or kicking in body panels of cages that tried to merge me into a line of park cars, being steel toed and all. :mrgreen:
so they're called wellington boots, eh? i've always heard them referred to as swampers, and yes, they're very waterproof.
Come join the super cool fun fun brand new fresh scented Triumph Usergroup!
Fun for the whole Family!

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#14 Unread post by ceemes »

Big B wrote:
ceemes wrote:Water/rain proof riding boots are an oxymoron, just like military intelligence or jumbo shrimp. The only boots that I have found to be totally water proof were the steel toed Wellington Boots I wore as a courier during Vancouver's wet fall to spring season.
Not the most eye catching fashion statement, but tootsies did stay dry. They had the added bonus of being great for kicking out tail light lens's or kicking in body panels of cages that tried to merge me into a line of park cars, being steel toed and all. :mrgreen:
so they're called wellington boots, eh? i've always heard them referred to as swampers, and yes, they're very waterproof.
actually they are better known as Wellies in the UK and Canada.
Always ask why.

CC Ryder
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2009 Yamaha Vstar

Goretex riding boots

#15 Unread post by CC Ryder »

I did buy the boot covers and that seems to do the trick for now. What did riders do before there was Goretex? A good leather riding boot with mink oil? How water proof is that? Maybe a good pair of leather boots with goretex soxs is the answer. :)

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#16 Unread post by jonnythan »

Wellies are all well and good, but they have zero breathability. So any sweat or condensation (and there will be condensation) stays inside.

And you have to wear them under your pants.

Boot covers are really the way to go. If you want leather Goretex boots, go to a work boot store.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]

CC Ryder
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2009 Yamaha Vstar

Goretex riding boots

#17 Unread post by CC Ryder »

After a year + of looking I finally found some goretex leather riding boots! Trev Deeley got some new boots in and they were just what I've been looking for. Leather, Goretex and shock absorbers twin pad comfort technology.They are a lot warmer than the boots I have now so I won't have to wear as thick wool socks to keep my feet warm. Mind you they were expensive, $300. with tax. Now to break them in.