Younger Next Year. . .

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#31 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

sidewinder175 wrote:Ok Ladies, now you are making me feel quilty. I keep saying I'm going to start walking and cycling but have a new excuse every day. I guess I have to jump on this bandwagon, and start doing instead of just talking about it, :laughing:
There ya go, sister! Just get out there and do something to get the heart rate up! Walk (not "stroll") for 30 minutes. Make it a start. :petals:

One regular bonus of daily aeobic exercise that I've noticed - I sleep through the night on the nights I've gotten out there. On the days I don't, I wake up at least once or twice.

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

SCgurl
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

#32 Unread post by SCgurl »

I've been following the thread, and just wanted to add my own little pat on the back....

I changed up my routine after being stuck at the same weight for months. I now get up at 5 a.m. every morning and get to the gym before work (Monday through Friday). An hour of cardio and an hour of weight training.

I've lost 20 pounds since the second week of March. 8)

I still have a really long way to go-but my point is, if my seriously lazy butt can do it, so can you! :laughing:
2008 Suzuki S40-for sale
2007 Road King-waiting until mid-May
[url=http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u94/Jeni1090/?action=view&current=IMG_0051.jpg][img]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u94/Jeni1090/th_IMG_0051.jpg[/img][/url]

Lion_Lady

#33 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

Lion_Lady wrote:Oh. I'm not nearly so good as you're giving me credit for. . . Last February I weighed 173. I've lost about 10 pounds, and gained 2 and lost 3 and gained 4, then lost 2, and up and down and up, and down... I don't want to think about how much I MIGHT have lost if, if only I could keep those coupla pounds off, instead of gaining them back.

When hubby and I met, I weighed 151. I wasn't skinny (haven't been since grade school), but I looked darn good. I'm glad I've gotten in the habit of weighing myself EVERY morning. Keep things from getting out of hand. I seem to have this mental block about getting below 160...

P
W00t! :pbjt: :roll2:

Weight this am: 159.2!! A recommendation from "Body for Life" I changed the term for my goal from "losing" 5-8 more pounds to "REMOVING" 5-8 more pounds... after all, don't you want to FIND things you LOSE? I definitely don't want that extra weight back.

Words are powerful. Maybe that's why I've kept bouncing up and down with those extra pounds. Hubby and I don't use the term "evaluation" for the final riding test in the BRC - we call it a "recital" - students know on that we're shining them, but it WORKS!!

Keep at it, ladies!! Baby steps! Set your eyes on the next "little" goal, if you're struggling. We can do this! How's everybody else doing?

P

coffee_brake
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

#34 Unread post by coffee_brake »

fantasitc, LL! You, my sister-in-the-wind, are kicking some butt!

Me, I'm holding steady. Too much fun on the weekends, simple as that. I'm not sure what I can do to break away from this plateau, but I'm not giving up. I'll find it somehow....
Jenn S.
AMA #658162
2005 Concours
2001 Vmax
1992 CB750

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#35 Unread post by MZ33 »

Need to work up some motivation for today's workout, but I think y'all just provided it. Gotten a compliment on perceived weight loss, but by the numbers, I haven't lost any. I must have replaced some fat with some muscle, though, because clothes fit a little differently, and I am feeling much better.

I ordered 3 copies of the "Younger Next Year for Women" book: one for me to keep, one for my sister-in-law who turns 50 in May, and one for an aunt who turns 60 in June. :)

Now, I shall look into borrowing "Your Body for Life - for Women" by Dr. Pamela Peake. I like to borrow before purchasing nowadays because 1) Columbus has the #1 library in the nation and I want to patronise it, and 2) we have sooo many books already that we need to be selective about what stays in our house.
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#36 Unread post by MZ33 »

Hey, working out works!! I can tippy-toe my bike backward out of the garage now, and have held it up a couple of times when I think, previously, we would have toppled over.
:pbjt: :ohyaoh: :pbjt:

Lion_Lady

#37 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

MZ33 wrote:Hey, working out works!! I can tippy-toe my bike backward out of the garage now, and have held it up a couple of times when I think, previously, we would have toppled over.
:pbjt: :ohyaoh: :pbjt:
YIPPEE!! Its cool the things we notice! I taught a full BRC out on the range for 6+ hours for two days.

Last year, I'd struggle with putting bikes back, etc, then come home and collapse on the sofa. This year, I had no problem putting bikes back in the trailer, and hubby and i had the energy to do our daily walk after!!

This weekend, the flu is kicking my butt. I slept until 1:30 PM yesterday and feel like I've been run over by a herd of cattle this morning. Sore all over. But I feel like I'm coming out of it... gonna take some aspirin and a shower and hope I'm good to go for class this afternoon.

P

mazer
Elite
Elite

#38 Unread post by mazer »

Ever since my retirement I spend my days in loads of physical activities. I volunteer. Whatever it takes for those who really can not afford someone. Mow lawns, weed, build garden beds, whatever it takes. I even vcolunteer at the local food bank which is very physically demanding. The clinic board is only demanding in that I must re-engage my brain after 5pm :lol:

Lion_Lady

#39 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

mazer wrote:Ever since my retirement I spend my days in loads of physical activities. I volunteer. Whatever it takes for those who really can not afford someone. Mow lawns, weed, build garden beds, whatever it takes. I even vcolunteer at the local food bank which is very physically demanding. The clinic board is only demanding in that I must re-engage my brain after 5pm :lol:
"Everyday" stuff... even the long list of activities you do, aren't enough to make a change in your physical fitness. (I used to think it did, myself.) Got to get your heart rate UP for 45 minutes to an hour daily, for the rebuilding of new, healthier muscles and bones to begin.

I've noticed that my heart rate will now drop MUCH faster from 145 to 118 after I've pushed myself. The first evidence of it was that my breathing returned to normal within a minute or so. Just another bit of proof that I am becoming much fitter than I imagined.

After a "sloppy" week last week, my weight crept up... now back to 156 today!! Yippee!

P

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#40 Unread post by MZ33 »

My cardiovascular training has waned a bit, but I've lost 9 lbs in the past month! I feel soo much better even with that little bit gone. Only about 40 more to go!! :laughing: