Dropping like flies

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#11 Unread post by BuzZz »

There are several Honda dealerships like that here already, the Honda dealer in Sherwood Park opened just over a year ago and has always been a 'full line' dealer, cars in one side of the building, bikes, mowers, etc on the other side.

I don't know if it works for them or not, but I know they have a crappy selection of bikes and gear, and they ain't scared to charge for it.

I have been saying for years that we (riders) should be buying gear and stuff from the dealers instead of off the net, or the dealers couldn't survive. But the Honda dealer here has one of everything, and when I ask if they have different sizes for me to try, they say 'We can order it'... well I can do that myself just as accurately off the net, so for my money, they done shot themselves in the foot. I want to find properly fitting boots, helmets, etc before I buy, and that's why I defended dealerships. But if they pull this stuff, I am better off shopping on the net.

Customer service was the only advantage they had, and they lost that now.
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

cmartiny
Rookie
Rookie

#12 Unread post by cmartiny »

for finding parts or manuals you might try

http://www.mrcycles.com/

i went looking for accessories for my VTX and found this page. It has the parts breakdown WITH pricing..

not sure how far back they go, but it looks like that have the breakdown for virtually any bike. ( I think).
2007 VTX1300R - New
---------------------------------
1984 NightHawk 650 - Sold

Wingnumberone
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: '86 & '88 Goldwings, '95 CB1000F

I won't miss 'em

#13 Unread post by Wingnumberone »

I rarely used the dealers for anything. I always buy used, do all my own work, and get most of my parts and supplies from eBay or Dennis Kirk.

Ron Ayers is the most cost-effective source for factory parts I've found.

Factory support for over 20-year-old iron is weak, at best.
Goldwings - If it's between your legs, it might as well be enormous, and smooooooth.