She's finally asleep...

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#11 Unread post by fireguzzi »

Johnj wrote:This reminds me of Logitech 104 and 105.
My thoughts exactly.
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

Nalian
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2011/BMW/F800R

#12 Unread post by Nalian »

Wow ya disappear for a few weeks. I'm so confused! :what?!:

Ryethil
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#13 Unread post by Ryethil »

Johnj wrote:This reminds me of Logitech 104 and 105.
Huh? Don't understand the reference.

As for Dykes on Bikes, we've taken so much sh*t for it when we started years ago that we're sort of innured to it now. You've never seen big strong HE-men have their masculinity threated by a couple of women who don't play the game. Or for that matter, women that are threated by our supposed rejection of "family values". I don't care if someone relies on traditional Het values. I'm bent the way I am and have been so all my life. You would be suprised by the number of women's motorcycle clubs that reject us and can't coherently tell us why. However, this was the final episode. You'll have to get your jollies somepalace else. :laughing:

No, she didn't get a smack for the Pooh reference. I have to live with it on a daily basis. I'm just glad that I'm a woman and can get away with it. But in the end, being known as Pooh just shows me that poeple care enough about me to single me out.

As for the rest, I am embarrassed that I panicked. The music group Rush said it best, "Being immortal for limited amount of time." I had always been in control and then my whole life changed. Strangers had control of it and weren't all that supportive. I suddenly had "no" future. Now I do and it's made me a stronger person.

:woohoo:
Last edited by Ryethil on Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex
It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. WtPooh

My First Custom, Late 90's Sportster, Heavily Breathed On, Big Block, S&S HP Heads, Custom High Performance Pipes. Wickedly fast, Uncomfortable, Front end is a jackhammer. Age 18yrs, Still have the bike!

[img]http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab194/Ryethil/user28512_pic25609_1235625747-1.jpg[/img]

Amdonim
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 2000 ZG1000

#14 Unread post by Amdonim »

I'm so confused right now.
It's all a lie and I just had some twisted reason for notoriety.
Which part is a lie?

PacificShot327
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Female
My Motorcycle: 2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100

#15 Unread post by PacificShot327 »

Amdonim wrote:I'm so confused right now.
+1 :(

Doesn't this thread qualify more for the soap box section instead of Total MC? *shrug*

:dunno:
"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor." Alexis Carrel

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#16 Unread post by Wrider »

A lot of you guys are newer than us old innernet hands... lol
Logitech 104 and Logitech 105 refers to a kid who came online as Logitech 104 and was basically like any of us, wanted to learn to ride and such, 105 was his sister that came on and also learned and everything. Turns out he was a scammer, he posted up one day that she had been hit and killed, and we almost started a collection for the family. Members in the area hadn't heard anything about an accident so we started investigating. One of the members found his phone number, turns out he'd done the same thing to other forums, scamming them to make a quick buck off of collections.
Bad memories for a lot of us.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

RockBottom
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010 BMW R1200R

#17 Unread post by RockBottom »

Wrider wrote:A lot of you guys are newer than us old innernet hands... lol
Logitech 104 and Logitech 105 refers to a kid who came online as Logitech 104 and was basically like any of us, wanted to learn to ride and such, 105 was his sister that came on and also learned and everything. Turns out he was a scammer, he posted up one day that she had been hit and killed, and we almost started a collection for the family. Members in the area hadn't heard anything about an accident so we started investigating. One of the members found his phone number, turns out he'd done the same thing to other forums, scamming them to make a quick buck off of collections.
Strangely, I used to hang out in an IRC chat room about a decade ago where someone did the exact same thing. Must be some sort of mental illness that compels a handful of people to do that.
planet Earth is blue
and there's nothing I can do

dean owens
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: '06 Yamaha Fz6

#18 Unread post by dean owens »

Wrider wrote:A lot of you guys are newer than us old innernet hands... lol
i remember that. i think the tail end of it was happening right when i came on. remembered the story but forgot the names.
Current: 2006 Yamaha FZ6 (Faster Blue)

Previous: 1983 Honda GL650 Interstate (given back to previous owner)

Project: 1980 CX500 Custom - making a cafe racer

Greg .
Veteran
Veteran

#19 Unread post by Greg . »

Wow. What a sorry thing to do. :(

Scott58
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#20 Unread post by Scott58 »

Having a hard time believing any of this and related posts. It's like some textbook stereotype read.
05 Honda Rebel
04 Spitfire Cub-24
05Suzuki S50