She's finally asleep...

Greg .
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

#21 Unread post by Greg . »

Well .. I'm still confused and am wondering which part(s) are true ... and which aren't? :?

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#22 Unread post by Johnj »

Greg . It's the internet...weird things happen out here, and you have to look at everything and everybody a little suspiciously.

Greg .
Veteran
Veteran

#23 Unread post by Greg . »

Oh ... I know. Believe me. I've been on the internet since 1993 ... so for about 16 years. Sad that some folks just can't be themselves.

Ryethil
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#24 Unread post by Ryethil »

Wrider wrote:A lot of you guys are newer than us old innernet hands... lol
Logitech 104 and Logitech 105 refers to a kid who came online as Logitech 104 and was basically like any of us, wanted to learn to ride and such, 105 was his sister that came on and also learned and everything. Turns out he was a scammer, he posted up one day that she had been hit and killed, and we almost started a collection for the family. Members in the area hadn't heard anything about an accident so we started investigating. One of the members found his phone number, turns out he'd done the same thing to other forums, scamming them to make a quick buck off of collections.
Bad memories for a lot of us.
Sorry, did not know that such things happened. I was just scared and tried talking to keep myself healthy until they gave that last shot.

If I had know it would cause this much trouble for everyone, I would never have done it. When I woke up, it was all over and I was scared that people would hate me but I hoped not. Sorry!!!

I never wanted anything from ya'll except that someone might care. I really should of not even done that because everyone was around me for most of the night. I was just alone and the night started to close in I guess.

However, if you do want to send money, please send in unmarked $20s :laughing:

Anyway, I guess I screwed up again. :oops:
Alex
It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. WtPooh

My First Custom, Late 90's Sportster, Heavily Breathed On, Big Block, S&S HP Heads, Custom High Performance Pipes. Wickedly fast, Uncomfortable, Front end is a jackhammer. Age 18yrs, Still have the bike!

[img]http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab194/Ryethil/user28512_pic25609_1235625747-1.jpg[/img]

indiGO
Regular
Regular
My Motorcycle: '08 650 v-strom

#25 Unread post by indiGO »

fireguzzi wrote:
Flipper wrote:This is just too much drama.... :roll:
So much that I am on the verge of calling it all B.S. :?

If it's not, then wow.
If you won't call it I will.

PioneerUrban
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2005 Honda Rebel

#26 Unread post by PioneerUrban »

Gunslinger wrote:Will Pooh ever ride again? Will the drunk driver who hit her ever awake from his deep coma? Will Pooh be able to forgive Laura's long term abuse? Find out next week on an all new episode of Dykes on Bikes. :D
That post is inappropriate and I think that apologizes are owed to this girl. And, for a mod to condone the post! Completely unbelievable.

Dykes on Bikes! I call BS on that! That was competely uncalled for and you owe her an apology.

I thought that this site was for the support of all bikers and people wanting to learn how to ride. Not to ridicule and make fun of others, especially when they are hurt and in the hospital, after having a wreck.

Not a single one of us knows if the story is true or not. None of us were there, none of us knows the girl. All we know is what she says and that is what we have to go on.

So as fellow bikers both male and female, we should be showing our support for her during her recovery period and be thankful that she wasn't killed, like so many other of our brother and sister bikers.

That could be you in the hospital, then come on here tell your story and people start calling BS. How would you feel?

Ryethil, I sincerely hope that you get well soon!!

Here's to a speedy recovery, so you can ride again! :)
Current Ride:

2005 Honda Rebel 250

Used to own:

1992 Kawasaki Ninja 250: Sold
2001 Kawasaki Eliminator 125: Sold

Ryethil
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#27 Unread post by Ryethil »

PioneerUrban wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:Will Pooh ever ride again? Will the drunk driver who hit her ever awake from his deep coma? Will Pooh be able to forgive Laura's long term abuse? Find out next week on an all new episode of Dykes on Bikes. :D
That post is inappropriate and I think that apologizes are owed to this girl. And, for a mod to condone the post! Completely unbelievable.

Dykes on Bikes! I call BS on that! That was competely uncalled for and you owe her an apology.

I thought that this site was for the support of all bikers and people wanting to learn how to ride. Not to ridicule and make fun of others, especially when they are hurt and in the hospital, after having a wreck.

Not a single one of us knows if the story is true or not. None of us were there, none of us knows the girl. All we know is what she says and that is what we have to go on.

So as fellow bikers both male and female, we should be showing our support for her during her recovery period and be thankful that she wasn't killed, like so many other of our brother and sister bikers.

That could be you in the hospital, then come on here tell your story and people start calling BS. How would you feel?

Ryethil, I sincerely hope that you get well soon!!

Here's to a speedy recovery, so you can ride again! :)
:surrender:
Alex
It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. WtPooh

My First Custom, Late 90's Sportster, Heavily Breathed On, Big Block, S&S HP Heads, Custom High Performance Pipes. Wickedly fast, Uncomfortable, Front end is a jackhammer. Age 18yrs, Still have the bike!

[img]http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab194/Ryethil/user28512_pic25609_1235625747-1.jpg[/img]

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#28 Unread post by Wrider »

Hey guys, I think about it this way.

She's not asking for money.
She's entertaining in the very least.
She's given a lot of useful info to a lot of people.
She's shown herself to be caring overall.

Why call BS?

Only one thing I can find inconsistency on is that she helped out the drivers that hit her but she can't walk. But adrenaline can do amazing things to the body. Mothers lifting SUVs off of toddlers and the like. Plus they might have been on the ground anyway.

Either way, point is that unlike Logitech 104/105 she's been useful and helpful, and isn't scamming. So relax a bit and we can all get along.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

PioneerUrban
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2005 Honda Rebel

#29 Unread post by PioneerUrban »

Wrider wrote:Hey guys, I think about it this way.

She's not asking for money.
She's entertaining in the very least.
She's given a lot of useful info to a lot of people.
She's shown herself to be caring overall.

Why call BS?

Only one thing I can find inconsistency on is that she helped out the drivers that hit her but she can't walk. But adrenaline can do amazing things to the body. Mothers lifting SUVs off of toddlers and the like. Plus they might have been on the ground anyway.

Either way, point is that unlike Logitech 104/105 she's been useful and helpful, and isn't scamming. So relax a bit and we can all get along.
I agree 100%!

Remember it can be any one of you in that situation, banged up, hurt, maybe not able to ever walk again.

Alot of you should be showing some compassion for a fellow biker.
Current Ride:

2005 Honda Rebel 250

Used to own:

1992 Kawasaki Ninja 250: Sold
2001 Kawasaki Eliminator 125: Sold

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#30 Unread post by slimcolo »

I be confused about this Dykes on Bikes thing.

Is this a sort of insult or is it a reference to the actual club Dykes on Bikes?

(YEAH that club does exist and not just in Frisco but inter-nationally, there is also a Boulder, CO based bicycle group that uses the same name)

And Gunslinger, even though your sarcastic remark pointed out that this was sounding a bit like a soap, You crossed a bit over the line with that one! Hell yes it was funny, but you are getting to the point of being personally insulting to those involved.

Ryethil wish you the best of luck and hope you have a fast recovery.