ZZR1200

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#11 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Ryethil wrote:I've been reading about the bike and it is rather facinating but I think a bit much for me as I am now. However, a small voice is already saying she wants it... Things may change quickly...

Vroom... Vroom...

:motorcycle1:
I see you're still around. For a while there I thought you were gonna quit the site. Hang in there. Hang out for a bit. Fuggeddabout 'em haters. Lots more good people around here than not.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#12 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

I bet the folks over on Sport-touring.net can tell you LOTS of info about that bike. Maybe even some things to look for as far as add ons, etc.

(I'm not usually inclined to send folks to other forums, except when they truly are a good source).

Heal fast!!

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#13 Unread post by storysunfolding »

MY friend jim used one as a commuter and also went cross country a few times. I took it for a test ride through WV and it's a fun little scoot. Definitely not based on a race replica thought. It had power and was smooth but not a nicer powerband, nothing too abrupt and an entirely different riding position.
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

Ryethil
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#14 Unread post by Ryethil »

Lion_Lady wrote:I bet the folks over on Sport-touring.net can tell you LOTS of info about that bike. Maybe even some things to look for as far as add ons, etc.

(I'm not usually inclined to send folks to other forums, except when they truly are a good source).

Heal fast!!

P
Lion_Lady, I actually honored. I'm not always this wierd but you're one of the smartest people here and I appreciate you taking time out for me.
:clapping:

I was just on Sport Touring Net and they appear to be really knowledgeable. I was thinking of making a deal with the bike but now I think I may keep it.

Yes, ma'am. :D
Alex
It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. WtPooh

My First Custom, Late 90's Sportster, Heavily Breathed On, Big Block, S&S HP Heads, Custom High Performance Pipes. Wickedly fast, Uncomfortable, Front end is a jackhammer. Age 18yrs, Still have the bike!

[img]http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab194/Ryethil/user28512_pic25609_1235625747-1.jpg[/img]

Ryethil
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#15 Unread post by Ryethil »

storysunfolding wrote:MY friend jim used one as a commuter and also went cross country a few times. I took it for a test ride through WV and it's a fun little scoot. Definitely not based on a race replica thought. It had power and was smooth but not a nicer powerband, nothing too abrupt and an entirely different riding position.
You and LL are trying to make my life difficult aren't you... :D

I had read some not so nice things said about it and I was just going to write it off. But I just got a Email from someone that said what you said only longer so now I have to rethink everything. Darn, a wealth of choices, who would have thunk!

Well, if they think they could pry my ST out o... Yea, they did that... shucks...
Alex
It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. WtPooh

My First Custom, Late 90's Sportster, Heavily Breathed On, Big Block, S&S HP Heads, Custom High Performance Pipes. Wickedly fast, Uncomfortable, Front end is a jackhammer. Age 18yrs, Still have the bike!

[img]http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab194/Ryethil/user28512_pic25609_1235625747-1.jpg[/img]