xsyamahadg
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 55
My Motorcycle: 2007 1100 V-Star Silverado

Learning to lie with a straight face

#1 Unread post by xsyamahadg »

Last Friday my wife expressed a desire to take a trip down to Amish country to get some cheese....we love cheese especially if it is fresh and we have a big variety to choose from. I had been watching the weather for the weekend and saw there was a chance of rain on Saturday with hot and humid conditions for Sunday. Also we are celebrating the Carnation festival here in Alliance which I didn't want to miss. So I figured if we got an early start on Friday, we could get down to Amish country, buy some cheese and be back early enough for me to get out on my bike. Wrong !!

After we got down to Amish country I found out my wife wanted to shop some of the little knick/knack stores that are so numerous in that part of the country. So while we are making the rounds from store to store, I see jillions of bikes on the roads and parked at various restaurants and outlets. If you know me at all, you know my heart wasn't in shopping mode, it was in riding mode. I managed to keep a smile on my face and be civil to everyone around me as I saw riders booking it down the road doing what I wanted to do on this beautiful Friday. Oh well, what us married men will do for the sake of peace and tranquility

My wife asked me if I was having a good time in spite of not being on the bike today. Well, I'm not stupid, so I gritted my teeth, smiled and looked right at her and said " Yes dear I'm really enjoying myself today" !!

That's learning to lie with a straight face. :lol:
1981 Yamaha XS650H
2007 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Silverado
1979 Honda PA 50
1970 Rupp mini
Stop in and visit my web site sometime:
http://rideohiomc1.proboards.com

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

Re: Learning to lie with a straight face

#2 Unread post by BuzZz »

xsyamahadg wrote: My wife asked me if I was having a good time in spite of not being on the bike today. Well, I'm not stupid, so I gritted my teeth, smiled and looked right at her and said " Yes dear I'm really enjoying myself today" !!

That's learning to lie with a straight face. :lol:
Lying never works out for the best.

Now she thinks you liked that wasted day and will expect you to gladly give up another riding day to do it again.

Just for future reference, there is a correct answer to "Honey, does this ______ make me look fat?"

"Pardon me Dearest? I didn't catch that, would you please take that bacon donut out of your mouth and ask me that again?"

You'll have lots of riding time then.....

:twisted:
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

XB08
Legendary
Legendary

#3 Unread post by XB08 »

That is so funny, My wife dragged me to Amish country here in PA on sat, great day for riding and so tons of bikes too. wanted to be riding so bad.. she kept saying you can ride all day sunday. we it rain all day today.

Flipper
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2010 Ninja 250

#4 Unread post by Flipper »

xsyamahadg, you sound like a great husband.
2010 Ninja 250
2006 CB600F (sold)
2006 Honda Rebel (sold)

Gummiente
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#5 Unread post by Gummiente »

Why, because he lied to his wife? Is that really what women want?
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

zeligman
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 02 Suzuki Volusia 800 (in salvage :( )

#6 Unread post by zeligman »

so, yesterday we had to attend my wife's sister surprise birthday party. It was originally called for 4pm - and I had to work in the AM. I got out of work as quickly as humanly possible, even blowing off a lunch that would have been good for me to attend with clients - just so i could ride for an hour and a half before we had to leave for the party.

I get home, my wife tells me that her sister's husband called, and the timing had changed-we now had to be there by 2:30 - meaning leave by 1:15 - and I walked in from work at 12:20.

I got so mad for a few minutes... holy crap I had no idea how deep my new riding has attached itself! I went outside to walk off the steam and do some stupid stuff to catch my breath ...

5 minutes later, I'm back inside apologizing to my wife, who has been nothing BUT supportive of my new addiction - even against the significantly negative comments from her parents.

we laughed when we realized how i had been arranging my whole day around 75 minutes to 'steal' from the day to ride.

1) WOW again... i'm so new to this but love it intensely
2) WOW, thank GOD for my supportive wife.
3) Wow, thank EVERYONE here for listening, advising, and occasionally chastising when necessary.

(although, most of us don't hold up to Rhadamygg's wife who FOLLOWS him in the minivan with the kids to family outings, so he can still ride. now THAT calls for some kind of award)

thanks all!

fondly,

-Z
still recovering - back to crutches, then walking with a stick, then running - then hopefully riding again!

RhadamYgg
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: 2006/Yamaha/FZ6

#7 Unread post by RhadamYgg »

zeligman wrote: (although, most of us don't hold up to Rhadamygg's wife who FOLLOWS him in the minivan with the kids to family outings, so he can still ride. now THAT calls for some kind of award)
She just does that because it has been a very long time since I had the chance to ride and I get crabbier each day I don't get to ride... Like tomorrow and today. And why the hell has it rained so much this year. Are we changing from 4 seasons to 2 (wet and dry)?

Oh, I follow her, I get tired about hearing how she doesn't like how close cars follow me. Of course, since I leave a large space cushion inevitably cars get between us and the boys talk about how they can't see me.

RhadamYgg
RhadamYgg / Skydiver / Motorbike Rider / Mountain Climber
FZ6/11302 mi|Suzuki B-King/5178 mi|Ninja 250cc/5300 mi| (rented)ST1300 850 mi
Hoping my kids don't hate me too much in the future.
Random 2003/Corwin 2006/Cordelia and Morrigan 2009

zeligman
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 02 Suzuki Volusia 800 (in salvage :( )

#8 Unread post by zeligman »

RhadamYgg wrote: She just does that because it has been a very long time since I had the chance to ride and I get crabbier each day I don't get to ride...

Oh, I follow her, I get tired about hearing how she doesn't like how close cars follow me. Of course, since I leave a large space cushion inevitably cars get between us and the boys talk about how they can't see me.

RhadamYgg
ahhh the grass is always greener. By the way, went for a 3 hour ride today - was...well, amazing.

longest ride yet - on some fairly quiet roads too - soooo enjoyable.

I think I'm getting used to the mustang, but now the controls aren't so forward anymore... lol

i'm starting to feel like it will take me til i retire to get everything 'just right' :)

Rhadamygg - I still think your wife is awesome for doing that! :)
still recovering - back to crutches, then walking with a stick, then running - then hopefully riding again!

Flipper
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Female
My Motorcycle: 2010 Ninja 250

#9 Unread post by Flipper »

Gummiente wrote:Why, because he lied to his wife? Is that really what women want?
I don't see this as lying.
He was compromising for her sake and not making her feel bad about it.
That's really loving.
2010 Ninja 250
2006 CB600F (sold)
2006 Honda Rebel (sold)

redwing
Elite
Elite

#10 Unread post by redwing »

Flipper said ...
I don't see this as lying.
He was compromising for her sake and not making her feel bad about it.
That's really loving.

I think your perfectly right. .... so .. do you really have a bat girl suit? 8)
call me BR5-555

Robert
2008 BMW R1200R and is it sweet...