AMA Women and Motorcycling Conference

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#71 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Wrider wrote:So I dropped through Keystone when I was in Breckenridge for a family reunion. Keystone is only about 3 hours away from me, and I can easily make it there and back on a tank of gas, so I'll definitely be seeing some of you gals. (If you're not too terrified of me lol)
But yeah, if you need minor to medium repair work done there I'm more than willing for the cost of parts alone. :)
We could never be terrified of you. :)

blues2cruise

#72 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I received an email today from the AMA regarding the newsletters they have been sending out. My story and picture will appear in the next couple of weeks. 8) :D

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#73 Unread post by MZ33 »

My story and picture will appear in the next couple of weeks
Rock on, Blues!! 8) 8) 8)
Sue Slate (one heck of a gal and a veteran rider)
Yeah, she is! She's the one who tipped me off about how to lower the Versys at the MC show in Cleveland. Lives near my parents, apparently. I am not pleased about this lack of demo rides. I may contact Kawi and explain to them that it was because of a demo that I bought my Versys, and that I never even bothered with Triumph, because they couldn't be bothered with going to the show. :evil:
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

blues2cruise

#74 Unread post by blues2cruise »

It's out....the latest issue of the AMA newsletter has my story and my pic.
:)
I guess that's my five seconds of fame. :laughing:

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#75 Unread post by MZ33 »

:kicking: :clapping: :pbjt: :spot: :cheerleader: Blues is in the news!! Blues is in the news!! :cheerleader: :spot: :pbjt::clapping::kicking:

It was a great little article, and an especially nice photo, Blues! :D
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

blues2cruise

#76 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Thank you. MZ33. :)

I'll be back in a couple of days. I'm heading out early in the morning for day ride/campout and riding back Sunday.

It will be like a dry run to lead up to the road trip next month.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#77 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Just posted this in our news forum:

International Women & Motorcycling Conference, presented by Harley-Davidson and Buell

WHAT: The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) presents the 5th AMA International Women & Motorcycling Conference, presented by Harley-Davidson and Buell.

WHERE: Keystone, Colo., approximately 75 miles west of Denver, I-70 West, exit 205, south 5 miles on US Hwy 6.

WHEN: Wednesday-Saturday, Aug. 19-22, activities begin 8:30 a.m. Registration required.

WHO: Women from 43 states, plus Canada, the UK, Australia and Japan, and more than 50 riding clubs are attending.

ACTIVITIES: Daily seminars, demo rides, group rides, vendor marketplace, and after-hours social events at the idyllic Keystone Resort.

WHY: Women are a vibrant and increasingly significant presence in motorcycling, and now account for an estimated 12.6 percent of all motorcycle and scooter riders, a 29 percent increase since 2003. (Source: Motorcycle Industry Council)

HIGHLIGHTS: Motocross racing phenom Ashley Fiolek will be the keynote speaker at the Aug. 19 Opening Ceremonies. Other notable speakers during the conference: Karen Davidson, Leslie Porterfield, Deborah Gray, Lois Pryce, Leslie Prevish.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

follow
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#78 Unread post by follow »

Ladies a friend of mine is looking for a bunk mate if you are staying at a motel/hotel she will foot her share. PM me if you are interested.
I follow a new highway I haven't traveled before.

[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/2rpwdjq.jpg[/img] [img]http://i43.tinypic.com/wswow4.jpg[/img]

IBA Member: SS1000, BB1500, BBGold

HD 07 Street Glide-mine
HD 02 Road King-ours
Honda 06 ST1300-ours
Honda 97 ST1100-mine

Sonshine0311
Rookie
Rookie

My travel to Colorado for AMA conference

#79 Unread post by Sonshine0311 »

I left PA on Friday, riding 577 miles to South Bend, IN. I had wonderful weather all the way out.
I was too tired to get online and update which I was sorry for. The hotel I stayed at Saturday night did not have internet hookup (HOW did I overlook that when I made reservations!!!)
Saturday I rode only 467 miles to Des Moines, IA. God was good to me that I got all of my gear off the bike and into my room before it started raining!!
It was still raining in the morning and I thought I was going to have to delay my departure a bit, but I still got on the road by 7:30 AM. I rode hard this day because it was the longest one I had set for myself, the most challenging. I really only stopped when I needed to fill up, eat and/or go to the bathroom.
I got to my destination, Lakewood, CO, a suburb of Denver around 8:30 PM MT. So 14 hours and 697 miles later, here I am, staying with friends until tomorrow when I ride up to check in.
I met my goals, however now I never need to ride that long or hard again. :shock:
Sonshine0311

God is my Peace

blues2cruise

#80 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Good to hear you arrived safely. :)