fingers go numb

romex2121
Rookie
Rookie

#11 Unread post by romex2121 »

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:32 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i ride an 02 vl 800 nice bike brother!

thanks bro,, im kinnda partial to mine also :wink: im going to take her in for some new rubber tomorrow (sat) so ill see what the dealler has to offer,, the new grips are on there way im hopeing they will make a difference but if not atleast they will look good :D
so far this bike has been de paird,rear shock has the adjustable air acturater i can slam it or take it up to stock hight ( very nice when slamed :wink: ) has blue led lights just about everywhere , custom radiator cover, custom etched faring wich also lights up with the blue leds,( seperate switch of course )
crome on all engine and storage compartments,
also has the hard krome drag exhaust, ( loud!!) soon to come will be new jets and a air intake kit ( k&n ) so as you can see i like my bike also :lol:

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#12 Unread post by MZ33 »

Look into throttle locks, such as by Vista or Kaoko. They allow you to give your hand a rest, or just reposition it, without completely dropping the throttle. Also, try on every pair of gel gloves you can, looking for ones whose seams avoid your numb spots.

I went with Grip Puppies for my Versys, and a throttle lock. Our VStar would benefit from a bar snake and a throttle lock, in addition to the foam grips. Cruisers just vibrate more, it seems.
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Sex: Male

#13 Unread post by slimcolo »

Here is a link to BMW MOA fourm on same subject.

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39052

green meenie
Veteran
Veteran

#14 Unread post by green meenie »

king robb wrote:You can also relax your grip some. Not all, but some numbing in hands while riding is just bad circulation from tense riders.
I agree. Gripping too tightly is the cause. Relaxing your grip will solve the problem and costs nothing :D Weighted bar-ends and all the other stuff will do little if your hand are welded onto the bars.

RhadamYgg
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006/Yamaha/FZ6

#15 Unread post by RhadamYgg »

ceemes wrote:I had after market Kuryakyn ISO-Grips put on my bike,
They have more girth then factory grips and I have found that they have greatly reduced both numbing and cramping of my fingers and palm. You don't have to clamp on to them as tightly as you have to with normal skinny factory grips, plus the little rubber pads greatly reduce low frequency vibration.
Those look nice. I get numbness sometimes too - but I'm not sure how far in to my rides that it happens.

RhadamYgg
RhadamYgg / Skydiver / Motorbike Rider / Mountain Climber
FZ6/11302 mi|Suzuki B-King/5178 mi|Ninja 250cc/5300 mi| (rented)ST1300 850 mi
Hoping my kids don't hate me too much in the future.
Random 2003/Corwin 2006/Cordelia and Morrigan 2009

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#16 Unread post by blues2cruise »

green meenie wrote:
king robb wrote:You can also relax your grip some. Not all, but some numbing in hands while riding is just bad circulation from tense riders.
I agree. Gripping too tightly is the cause. Relaxing your grip will solve the problem and costs nothing :D Weighted bar-ends and all the other stuff will do little if your hand are welded onto the bars.
+3

romex2121
Rookie
Rookie

#17 Unread post by romex2121 »

grips are in :D i havent got them on yet but i think im gonna like um!!!

Whip Lash
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 1993 Yamaha GTS1000 & 2003 Harley RK

Re: fingers go numb

#18 Unread post by Whip Lash »

If your pinky finger is all that gets numb then wait until you ride a long distance. Other parts will go numb. It all goes with the territory.
Awaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Superfly3176
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2009 Harley Davidson Nightster XL1200N

Re: fingers go numb

#19 Unread post by Superfly3176 »

Buy a harley, after long rides where your arms are numb half way to your elbows you'll never feel the same about your bike :lol:

RideN
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 17
My Motorcycle: 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Re:

#20 Unread post by RideN »

RockBottom wrote:Grip Puppies are even cheaper and easier.

http://www.casporttouring.com/store/mer ... Code=grips

I had a bad problem with hand numbness and fatigue when I first started riding and finally figured out I was just squeezing too hard.

Thanks for the recommending these. Looked at them and just ordered a pair. I get that numb, tingling feeling in my hands after about 20 mins. Sounds like they will fit on my Kawy 650R.