Wrider's Scribblings

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#71 Unread post by fireguzzi »

Sucks wrider. Hope ya heal up quickly and fix your buddies bike before he notices. :laughing:
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#72 Unread post by Wrider »

Lol too late for that... He was following me in my car... Picked up the bike today, it's good for parts and thats about it.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#73 Unread post by Wrider »

I'm only going to write this once because of the situation I'm in. I went in to get my ACL replaced and my MCL reattached. The doctor said it should take about 2.5 hours. When I finally woke up and wasn't asking things to be repeated constantly I was told he spent 2.5 hours doing half of the surgery.

When he got into my knee it was way worse than he thought. I tore the knee's meniscus to the point that he had to put my MCL back and completely stitch my meniscus back together.

Because of how bad my knee is messed up he could only do that before he stitched me back up. Now I have to wait two weeks before I can start physical therapy, then two hard weeks of physical therapy before I go in to get my ACL replaced. Then another couple weeks of therapy and I can start to get bck to normal.

I also woke up with my right hand mostly numb from an injection of demerol in my shoulder. It's still numb tonight. And supposedly will be awake in a few days. Plus my cast is too tight so I will have to modify it later on.

I also got extremely nauseous afterwards. I couldn't keep anything down on the trip home.

I now have two weeks of spongebaths to look forward to because I cant put weight on my right leg and I'm not allowed to unwrap my leg for two weeks.

I'm not looking forward to the next month and a half.
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#74 Unread post by BuzZz »

Well that sucks.

Having to wait for some parts to heal.....
is almost like waiting for parts to come in before you can finish the job.... :?

Dam service departments, eh? Never get it done when or how they say it will be done.

:laughing:
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

coffee_brake
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#75 Unread post by coffee_brake »

Dangit man, just read the whole thing....

You are likely feeling a little better now?

Wishing you well quickly....

:getwellsoon:
Jenn S.
AMA #658162
2005 Concours
2001 Vmax
1992 CB750

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#76 Unread post by Wrider »

Doing ok right about now...
Surgery was 2 weeks ago yesterday. Tomorrow I get my temp cast off and get to see my knee for the first time since the surgery. Then I start rehab again and then another surgery to fix my ACL in about two more weeks.

On the downside apparently I'm losing my job because they'll have to call someone else in because it'll be busy.

Sooo seriously I'm willing to move anywhere, if people will keep an eye out for me for openings and let me know it'd be greatly appreciated.

coffee_brake
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#77 Unread post by coffee_brake »

So it looks like, if you're gung-ho about the rehab, you'll likely be up and running close to normally by Spring time, which will make you available for hire during the very most busy time of year for motorcycle dealerships and independent shops.

Keep us updated...I don't envy you Winter up there....
Jenn S.
AMA #658162
2005 Concours
2001 Vmax
1992 CB750

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#78 Unread post by Wrider »

Well I had ACL surgery yesterday. I'm up and walking today, even went for a short drive! Knee hurts a little, but the quad is what really hurts. They stretched my knee to about 130 or 140 degrees, and it hasn't been past 112 degrees for almost 2 months.
I got a spinal anesthetic (they do hurt but not too bad) and got to watch the whole thing through the point of view of the arthroscope the surgeon used.
I could feel pressure in specific areas, I could tell where they were touching and such, but I couldn't feel any pain. Weirdest feeling ever, but really cool. Glad they finished when they did though, by the end of the surgery I was able to do quad sets in my left leg (my right leg is the messed up one.) Within two hours I was up and walking without too much of a problem. But the 5 hour ride home from Rifle was hell... The spinal wore off completely and the morphine they gave me didn't do much. Plus at one point I had to use the restroom at a rest stop and had two flights of 7 or 8 steps each.
But last night was the worst of it, and now I'm back up and at 'em.
Now I get 2-3 physical therapy appointments a week for 2-3 months. that oughta be fun. Know the difference between a therapist and a terrorist? You can negotiate with the terrorist! :laughing:
But I'm looking forward to getting better and getting back to work. I can't stand sitting around and doing nothing all day every day, even if it is great for my social life. :roll:
Anyway that's my update for now, I'll keep updating later on!

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#79 Unread post by Wrider »

Well it's been a while since my ACL surgery. I'm walking around, doing ok, but still limping quite a bit.
I officially lost my job last week, so I'm moving down to Colorado Springs again but am trying to sublet my apartment in Gunnison.
Right now I am looking for another job nationally. So if anyone at all knows a job opening in the motorcycle industry, I'd greatly appreciate the lead!
Oh and I have a cool big ole scar along my knee... :laughing:

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

Re: Wrider's Scribblings

#80 Unread post by Wrider »

Well it's been 6 months, one week, and one day since my accident.
Today I got on a bike for the first time since the wreck! Took a friend's HD XL883 out for a spin. Had no problems except that I stalled it once.
It felt SO good to be back on a bike again.
My doc said I wouldn't be able to operate normally again for anywhere from 9 months to a year after my surgery, which was 2.5 months after my accident, and I've shocked everyone involved with how fast I've recovered, as I'm back to where the only limitations are squatting and crawling on my knees on hard surfaces.
Oh, and also discovered today that the 883's backrest supports interfere with saddlebag supports and saddlebags on that model... Hmmm.