WELCOME TO THE NEW TMW COMMUNITY FORUM!!!

How do you like the new forum?

I love it!
30%
It's great!
15%
It's better than sliced bread!
4%
About the same as the old one
4%
New forum? I didn't notice a change (although I do need new glasses)
4%
No sir, I just don't like it.
37%
I'd rather not answer (but I still want to vote)
7%

Total votes: 27

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: WELCOME TO THE NEW TMW COMMUNITY FORUM!!!

#11 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

csspostal wrote:Can you do more then one file or just one at a time?
I assume you mean attachment? If so, just 1 per message/reply. :D I set it up for this to see how much server hard drive space having the attachment option uses up before allowing more.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

blues2cruise wrote:
BuzZz wrote:If we are in blitch-n-moan-mode (well I am)..... my email notifications are coming into my junkfolder as 'that' now instead of into the TMW folder......

What size wrench do I use to fix this??? And what nut/bolt combo do I apply it to? Smashing the screen didn't help.... :|
Likewise.....a message went into my spam folder.....and who the heck is Chris from idleserve? I almost did not check...

Judgement is reserved until I learn how it works. :o
Idleserv would be TMW host that helped set the upgrade up, I'll check to see that it's fixed now and says Total Motorcycle or something like it. :D

Sorry, we were working on the forum update till 2am

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#13 Unread post by fireguzzi »

Personally I liked it better when there was a little more color contrast for each post. They sort of run together now.
But I am sure I could get used to it over time.
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

Thumper
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: '14 BMW F700GS

#14 Unread post by Thumper »

Between the background color and the tiny font, my eyes are going to explode trying to read posts...layout is fine, though...

sunshine229
Years Riding: 14

#15 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Thumper wrote:Between the background color and the tiny font, my eyes are going to explode trying to read posts...layout is fine, though...

I am seeing approx. 12 point font. If you want to change the overall font size within the forums, use the up/down arrows with the letter A at the right on the top. There are three settings and the default seems to be the smallest. Maybe that will help?

My background is a lovely light blue, which is actually nicer on the eyes than bright white.
Andrea :sun:

sunshine229
Years Riding: 14

#16 Unread post by sunshine229 »

The new functionality is really cool (both within the forums and in the photo gallery).

Change can be hard to accept but once you get used to it you will forget what the old one looked like. :laughing:
Andrea :sun:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#17 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

The colours for me of each reply on my monitor are very light blue, white and a light medium blue. I guess it all depends on what monitor you have, brightness and contrast settings. The theme here is the default theme phpBB comes with, I didn't change anything in regards to the colours so it must be the most popular style/theme or the folks at phpBB wouldn't have made it default right? :frusty:

Like all of you, I'm new at this forum setup as well, I've been using it now for 2 days and at first I didn't like how the avatars and details were on the right side of the page. After 6 years, I was used to seeing them on the left. Now after 2 days, I'm ok with it and getting more used to it.

I really just wanted to upgrade the forum to give you more features, options and security for you all. The old forum was 6 years old and while it was good, there have been a lot of advances (and fixes) in 6 years of phpBB development. This version is the most recent version available. :D

Overall, I myself find way more positives in this newest version vs our 6 year old version. I can do so many more things that I wished the old version could have done for me. Maybe there are too many options for the user? You should see the admin options, it's a lot of stuff to learn on my side, so there will be some extra steep learning for me too. :mrgreen:

But I do hope you try your best to enjoy this new feature rich forum. :D If this new version can bring more usefulness to our great community, why not eh? :kicking:

Mike

keysman
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#18 Unread post by keysman »

I switched my forum from phpbb 2 to 3 a couple years ago after my web hosting provider went out of business and took my forum database with them. I had a bad feeling when I couldn't get to my website and then really sick feeling when I found a thread on some web hosting forum about the provider not paying their bills and shutting down. I wasn't making local backups of my database at that time. :oops: I learned my lesson the hard way.

When I got things up and running again I switched from phpbb 2 to version 3. I had a lot of the same complaints that you're seeing here but now that we have been on it for a couple years, those complaints have gone away. The only complaint people have is that links open in the same window by default with phpbb3 so you have to use the back button. phpbb 2 used to open them in a new window. I think they changed it because of popup blockers.

One issue I have with the new TMW forums is that the UI is using up 100% of the window. That puts some text right on the left edge of the window. I would personally like to see it adjusted so that it's only using 90% or something, that way there would be a little white space on the left and right sides.
New Hotness: 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
Old & Busted: 2003 BMW F650CS

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#19 Unread post by MZ33 »

I really like the look! Haven't tried any new features yet, but lemme just add that I'm glad you didn't end up with the black background/white text so many other forums have.

I'll put it in bold, so that those with contrast issues can see this. :D
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#20 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Thank you mz...the bold text is also blacker...it's much easier to read.