csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2012/Harley Davidson/ Iron 883 Ember Red

Re: My journey begins on mis Doce. 2008 Honda CBR125R

#11 Unread post by csspostal »

Well your first mistake was getting on a motorcycle! Do you know what kind of death traps those crazy contraptions are?!?!?! You're crazy! You could have killed yourself!
Now that you've heard that for the 100th time since your accident
Roger that on this statement. When my grandpa gets back from Florida I'm sure I'll get his famous WTF is the matter with your head speech. :laughing:

Next stoppie attempt will be a stunt class with Jason Britton :roll: :P
RhadamYgg wrote:I must have a sign on me that says "Never mind, he doesn't need vasoline."

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#12 Unread post by jstark47 »

csspostal wrote:I won't be making that mistake of assuming the car that is stopped with straight wheels no signal is actually planning on going straight again. I was in the left lane. Swerving wasn't an option as there was another car behind the one that turned. (also kind enough not to stop to check on me)

If anyone has suggestions on what I should have done different feel free to give em. I want to learn from this. As the only bad mistake is one you don't learn a lesson.
OK, if I've got this right, you were in the left slot of the lane and this a$$klown turned left in front of you. Correct, more or less?

I never pass by another vehicle "close aboard" if I can help it. Either when going the same direction or in opposite directions. As I approached this vehicle, I would have moved into the rightmost slot of the lane. Why? First, it doesn't hurt anything - if he was going to go straight or turn right, there's no harm and I would just move back into the left slot. Second, he might be waiting to turn left in front of me. If so, by moving into the right slot, I've bought two advantages: a) increased my separation and reaction time by just a little bit - it may just be enough, and b) the transverse motion I generate moving across the lane makes me more visible to any semi-concious cage-driving mouth breather who's contemplating turning left in front of me.

csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#13 Unread post by csspostal »

Pretty much to the point yes that's about it.

Sound advice from everyone and I thank you all for it.
RhadamYgg wrote:I must have a sign on me that says "Never mind, he doesn't need vasoline."

csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#14 Unread post by csspostal »

1200 ish for repairs to get done to the bike and plus the additional dough I'd need to replace my helmet and jacket. :cry: Now to go through insurance or come up with a the cash. I either pay now or pay later.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#15 Unread post by Wrider »

Hmmm, well if you can live with a no so pretty bike I'd just say to heck with the insurance, strip the fairings, and only replace what you had to, then I'd replace the helmet/jacket and go for a ride!
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#16 Unread post by csspostal »

Went to the dealer today not all the parts are in for the bike. :cry: However once in it shouldn't take long to get her back into shape. Think I'm going to change her name to Rook.

While I was in there they were kind enough to get out the parts mag and I found this :kicking:

My new lid. I'm hoping it is ready by the 27th as I think it'd be a hoot to drive "Rook" to a Hockey game :weird:

RhadamYgg
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006/Yamaha/FZ6

#17 Unread post by RhadamYgg »

Dude! Sorry to hear about your early riding career misfortune! Sounds like you are ready to try again. Just assume they are trying to kill you and you'll do well.

Oh, and I love that bike. If only I could have two bikes - and they made your bike in the USA!

RhadamYgg
RhadamYgg / Skydiver / Motorbike Rider / Mountain Climber
FZ6/11302 mi|Suzuki B-King/5178 mi|Ninja 250cc/5300 mi| (rented)ST1300 850 mi
Hoping my kids don't hate me too much in the future.
Random 2003/Corwin 2006/Cordelia and Morrigan 2009

csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#18 Unread post by csspostal »

RhadamYgg wrote:Dude! Sorry to hear about your early riding career misfortune! Sounds like you are ready to try again. Just assume they are trying to kill you and you'll do well.

Oh, and I love that bike. If only I could have two bikes - and they made your bike in the USA!

RhadamYgg
Thanks. Everyone been telling me at least I got it out of the way early. That and some ribbing and being called Crash :crash: one quite a few occasions

I'm counting bikes as I'm out and about. 4 oh hunny look there's 3 more :( pouty face. Then she laughs and goes cry :baby:

I sneezed today and my ribs didn't hurt first time in a couple weeks It is warm I say lets start her up time to get back into the saddle. :mrgreen:

When I was in getting my new lid ordered just waiting for some more of the parts to come in. Once in assured it won't take long to get her back and running again. The Adjuster didn't show up until like Monday or Tuesday this past week and when I just opened the mail and hello hello :jump: :woot: Insurance cheque already. If it is a nice day tomorrow going to head up and drop it off to the dealer and pray the Hot Dog guy is out with his cart so I can get a Spicy Sausage to celebrate.

csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#19 Unread post by csspostal »

Paid up my deductible and bought a new helmet. Here are some photos.

As long as mother nature is kind Saturday will start round two of this adventure.

I really cannot believe they have a warning to remove the visor film before using the helmet.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#20 Unread post by Wrider »

I sure can, who would buy that helmet except for a big ole squid? :laughing: JK nice helmet!
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha