New bike day for me! 2002 Suzuki GSX750 Y :)

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

New bike day for me! 2002 Suzuki GSX750 Y :)

#1 Unread post by sunshine229 »

After a couple of months of contemplation and about 15 days searching for the right one, I finally did it.

Today I became the owner of a 2002 Suzuki GSX750 Y!

:pbjt:
andrea1.jpg
andrea2.jpg
andrea3.jpg
Too bad... Mike had to ride it home becuase his current insurance covered himself but not me (even though I'm covered on his policy). :( He says it's a mean devil so I can't wait to get the insurance on it and go for a rip!
mike.jpg
And this is what I get for letting Mike ride it home... I get stuck in a parking lot (literally parked) for 40 mins while he zoomed to the front. Gotta love England traffic!
traffic.jpg
Andrea :sun:

sunshine229

Re: New bike day for me! 2002 Suzuki GSX750 Y :)

#2 Unread post by sunshine229 »

The present Total Motorcycle bike family :)
2bikes_2.jpg
2bikes_3.jpg
2bikes_4.jpg

csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2012/Harley Davidson/ Iron 883 Ember Red

#3 Unread post by csspostal »

:thumbsup: :happybikeday:
RhadamYgg wrote:I must have a sign on me that says "Never mind, he doesn't need vasoline."

jaskc78
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: N/A

#4 Unread post by jaskc78 »

look at you all squid'd out....t-shirt, tennis shoes, no gloves, no helmet, but a big ol' grin a mile wide. grats and was that model even sold in the states? i'm thinking more and more that i need to just start importing my own bikes since it's so hard to find a decent naked here in the US.
"Dude, women are like Vol-Tron. The more you can hook up the better it gets!" --RvB
Currently waiting on a new hip before I can get a new bike.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#5 Unread post by Wrider »

Yay! Congrats and :happybikeday:!!!
Jaskc, no that was not unfortunately. It's a naked Katana/Kanatuna... lol
And watch out for those carbs! They gum up really easily, so start it every other day even if you're not riding it alright? :)
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#6 Unread post by High_Side »

Congratulations Andrea! Nice ride, and about time you got back on two wheels. You had better get some kms on it before you leave it behind in a couple of weeks to visit your friends and family. We can't wait! We'll be looking forward to details of the TMW travels in the UK over the next few months as well.

Way to go!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

:happybikeday: !!!

The GSX750Y is actually a very rare bike, it's not really a naked Katana as Wider suggests but a late 80's GSXR 750 engine with 6 gears up in a Bandit frame. Not many were sold, but they were available from 1998 to 2002, this one (2002) being the last year made.

It's a fantastic looking muscle bike, made to look close to the GSX1400 they have here.

I got the opportunity to ride sunshine229 (Andrea)'s bike home (about a 2 hour ride) from where we bought it and 750cc from the 80's it isn't. Stock its supposed to have just 85hp but I'll bet $5000 that it's not stock at all. It's more along the lines of a 1200cc in power but even more so to be honest. It must have a jet kit in it as it pulls like a tractor from 1,500 rpm and by 6,000 rpm it's stronger than a FZ1 or Bandit 1250 and also has some snarly overrun (which I'll have to look at). My 650 Seca had a K&N Stage 3 jet kit in it and it wasn't anywhere near as stong as this. But I believe the sprocket has been changed (new sprokets are on) to a smaller one for acceleration preference as it rides 6,000rpm in 6th gear at 70ish MPH rather than around 4,500rpm. Also changed was the rear suspension, sport bike handlebars, engine downpipes, new gold drive chain and the tires are new Dunlop SportMax as well.

The guy who sold it says it's faster than his new VFR800 and (thus the reason I suspect of the sale) its was too much bike for him. Could have been a drag bike in it's past? When we clean and wax it up I'll have a better look at it.

Lucky girl, gets to own a true muscle brute of a bike that goes like 1250 but insures for a 750.

Hang on girl. :race2:

P.S. Love how it says "PURE MOTORCYCLE CONCEPT" on the side covers under the GSX750 badge.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

zeligman
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 02 Suzuki Volusia 800 (in salvage :( )

#8 Unread post by zeligman »

happy bike day A! So glad you can change your tagline now!
still recovering - back to crutches, then walking with a stick, then running - then hopefully riding again!

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#9 Unread post by JC Viper »

Hahaha, awesome and congrats on the new ride. After seeing all those naked bikes available in the UK I really wish they'd start shipping them to the US and bring back the ZRX.

I also spy a nice look Peugeot hatch in background.

And I take it those folks waiting in the traffic became irritated by bikers moving and not them eh? :laughing:
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

sunshine229

#10 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Hey thanks guys :)

I was just giving Mike heck for spilling all the details about MY bike that I haven't rode yet... he said he'd delete all his post but I figured, what the heck, you'll still read what I have to post about it later, right? :wink:

Lots of great comments about the bike at work today, everyone seems to love the naked muscle style.

And jaskc... yeah go ahead make fun of me for squiddin' out... you're just jealous that I'm cuter than you are!

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Thanks for all the kind wishes and I will get a blog going as soon as I get the insurance on it (why haven't I done that yet??? I dunno!).

Cheers!
Andrea :canada: