JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

Close one.

#1 Unread post by JC Viper »

Watch yourselves out there whether it's a holiday or not, drunks are everywhere and I managed to avoid this one because my bike was acting up forcing me to pull off the route.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_n ... 0100906-ac

He came to a rest at my exit.

Not sure what happened about the 5 car pile I encountered 30 miles before that or the incident involving 2 tractor trailers and a car. This stuff didn't faze me though, I rode through and said to myself for them to gull darnit.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

Thumper
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: '14 BMW F700GS

Re: Close one.

#2 Unread post by Thumper »

Man, that was one munched up car...who'd have ever thought having bike issues might be a good thing? No telling what you managed to avid because of it...

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#3 Unread post by JC Viper »

Well, the bike was having issues in the past month because the fuel filter was packing some sediment and other junk but it isn't too bad. I was riding along in 6th and the bike acted as if it was starving for fuel so I had to get off the highway before the engine dies (it happened twice before) and I heard some commotion but muffled due to the sound barriers on the highway. I am too lazy to change the filter... it's been on my list for a couple of months now.

Luckily there were no other riders behind me (I was doing a fast pace so I passed every vehicle on the road) or any one for that matter considering it was almost 4 AM. Drunk drivers "pee" me off. 5 hours later on my way back I noticed the other side of the highway empty and when I came upon the exit I got off on I saw what looked to be scrap metal then noticed it was a car and troopers had closed off the highway.

Not sure what lane is safe to be on anymore. This guy was in the HOV lane and ended up blocking all the others after he crashed.
Last edited by JC Viper on Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#4 Unread post by dr_bar »

I don't think it matters what lane you're in when the other guy is going the wrong way in that lane....... :doh1:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

Gunslinger
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2006/Suzuki/SV650

#5 Unread post by Gunslinger »

Glad you dodged that bullet JC. One of my favorite sayings is 'Timing is Everything'.
The only good thing to come out of this is the guy will go to prison and (hopefully) have his license permanently revoked. And he gets to live with the fact that he killed his friend for the rest of his dumbazz life. Too bad an innocent man had to die because of his stupidity. :(

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#6 Unread post by JC Viper »

Even though he'll be in prison there are many more of them out there. Plus a revoked license doesn't mean anything nowadays as many people can and do drive illegally. Just watch yourselves whether on 2 wheels or 4+. I've also witnessed a few drunken riders having accidents. If you're gonna drink at least give it time to pass.

*I was kinda cursing under my breath when my engine started choking...

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#7 Unread post by sapaul »

Your Guardian Angel must have had a fly in his/her eye and stopped to wipe it out before letting you continue. I hope you said thank you.
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R