Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Re: Z's Blog!

#31 Unread post by Wrider »

If you want I can send a video message of how to say "I"m sorry, I'm deaf" in sign language. That usually gets them either very apologetic, or uncomfortable, and they go the other way haha.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#32 Unread post by ofblong »

noodlenoggin wrote:
zeligman wrote:"you're not going to get back on that death/destruction/horrible/dangerous/stupid/moronic (plus a bunch of other adjectives added) motorcycle are you?
Comeback: "What? It's safer than your MOM, and I've been riding HER all week!!"

oh I gotta remember this one.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#33 Unread post by Wrider »

Hey man, I just posted in my blog that I realized Monday was the 1 year anniversary of my accident. I'm basically back to normal, and that was saying quite a bit from everything I've seen/heard. :) Granted your injuries are a bit worse than mine, but hang in there, it just keeps getting better!
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

zeligman
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 02 Suzuki Volusia 800 (in salvage :( )

#34 Unread post by zeligman »

glad you're here to celebrate ryan! and I'm glad i'm here to say that! great news on my healing front... hand/arm cast came off yesterday... thumb is healed, but tendons are frozen at the moment- PT and I are working on em - but way better now! .... Also, got 50% weight bearing status on my leg/ankle - walking around the house with only one crutch now! sore at the end of the day, but can get around faster and more sure-footed now.

attached see the xray of my leg with 14 screws in all their glory! Count 'em if you like. I told the surgeon he screwed me good! he smiled only for a second... but it was a nice smile nonetheless, and he was very impressed with the rate of my healing - surprising to me but great to hear.

I'm wavering back and forth about riding again long-term (I WILL get back on the horse so to speak in the short run - next season), but now that i can drive (no more arm cast) I can go see the bike and what kind of damage it really sustained.

Thank you everyone!

-z
Attachments
leg xray.jpg
still recovering - back to crutches, then walking with a stick, then running - then hopefully riding again!

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#35 Unread post by blues2cruise »

That's a lot of hardware...what's it made of? titanium?

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#36 Unread post by Wrider »

Titanium is supposed to go on bikes! Not in you! haha
Get pictures of the Vol, I'm morbidly curious.

zeligman
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond

#37 Unread post by zeligman »

working on getting to see the bike at the insurance company's 'salvage' lot.

Went to work today, endured lots of semi-snide remarks - "hey, want to buy a motorcycle?" and so forth. But put up with most of them fairly well... too bad I couldn't pull out the 'i rode your mom all week' routine... funny but wouldn't go over so well.

Conversation with the spouse about returning to the sport has gone better this week - I may have a shot. :D

healing is moving apace. Got the arm cast off last week, but still have a ways to go with physical therapy and strengthening back to where I was. Re: the ankle/leg... got the OK to use a cane around the house (or one crutch), but still have to use 2 crutches out.

I can even walk on it a little bit, though it still swells like a grapefruit and have to put it up a couple times a day. I guess the hardware means no more mri's for me... will have to ask about that.

hope everyone is well, I miss riding more and more each day.

-Z
still recovering - back to crutches, then walking with a stick, then running - then hopefully riding again!

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#38 Unread post by ofblong »

ill be missing riding more and more each day here shortly. Snows gonna start flying and well I ride to work at night and with temps starting to dip into the high 30's low 40's at night im leaving the bike at home and driving to work so I can drive home in a nice warm vehicle. I am getting lazy in my "older" age (yes I know im only 31).
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

zeligman
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond

#39 Unread post by zeligman »

Ben, I rode all winter last year - as long as the roads were clear, i layered up and RODE! :) and i'm older than you.. lol

so, today i tried the ' dr. house' thing - cane. Great to be off the crutches, but arriving home at 10pm after a long day and meetings - I'm paying for that cane!

Back to crutches tomorrow. sigh. anyone want some ankle watermelon?

i'd post a pic, but it's just too gruesome.

blah!

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#40 Unread post by Wrider »

I like gruesome! Post it up! I'll post some of my knee after surgery or of my toes after I had my toenails removed in return! lol