Wrider's Scribblings

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Re: Wrider's Scribblings

#111 Unread post by blues2cruise »

That was a horrible thing for that person to do. Did anyone get a license plate number?

Kudos to your neighbour's son for rescuing the dog and you for loving it.

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Sex: Male

#112 Unread post by slimcolo »

A dog YEAH Ryan.

That (dog) is what cut my riding time in half this year, but I am working on that. (In the last week or so I started my heeler riding on the back of Gold wing, He's only done 50-100 miles but is now jumping up on bike seat wanting a ride, same as the truck. I am also planning on another trailer to tow behind bike for dog.)

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#113 Unread post by Wrider »

Haha nice. So as an update I was way off on the age. She's about 6 years old. She's just a happy little one and is still plenty active for her age. Vet checks her out with a clean bill of health. And she still likes riding in my truck haha.

And Blues no no one got her plate number, she just split as quick as she could.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

zeligman
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 02 Suzuki Volusia 800 (in salvage :( )

#114 Unread post by zeligman »

Look R - you got yourself a girlfriend! :)

she's a real looker tho - and a great truck to travel around in with her!

my family is lobbying for another dog - I had to put ours down last year with cancer - we had her 11 years. I know if we get a dog, there goes the return of riding ... no way will i have time for both, at least in the beginning. but congrats anyway...she's beautiful!
still recovering - back to crutches, then walking with a stick, then running - then hopefully riding again!

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#115 Unread post by Wrider »

Sooooo a couple of things...
First off I'm back out working that "security" job on Pete Field because the motorcycle job was just too slow so he laid me off. Kinda funny though, because I called the temp agency I was working for and told them, they fired my replacement and put me back in because he was such a dumb*censored* and they liked me so much. That job ends on the 30th though, so they're putting me in another Air Force contracting job running network cable and building office furniture when it ends, and I get a raise, so sweet!

Secondly I realized that Monday was the 1 year anniversary of that accident. I'm perfectly mobile, no one sees a limp, no one has any idea I screwed myself up as bad as I did, and it's just about at the "minimum" time for a full recovery. I've been like this for 4 months now!
I never thought I'd be back to basically fully functional again. My knee is still almost completely numb from the cutting in the surgery, if I stand just right I can stick my knee out to the side (which is kinda cool, but freaks people out), my hand is perfectly healed, the only limitations are kneeling on uneven hard surfaces and crouching to a full catcher's position.

Gotta say thank you all for your support over the last year, it's really meant a lot to me and has helped quite a bit.
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

blues2cruise

#116 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Yay! Glad you're all better. :)

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#117 Unread post by Wrider »

Time for a bit of an update, considering I haven't updated this thing in months...
Today I went and found a 1993 Suzuki Bandit 400 for $275. No key, but has a title, needs to get running as it's been sitting for two years, but doesn't seem to be that bad. Already started messing with the wiring and got it to turn over while it was jumped off of my truck, so that's good news!
Now I need to get it running and use it as my commuter vehicle so I don't put mileage on my truck and don't put so many dollars into it's tank!

blues2cruise

#118 Unread post by blues2cruise »

:shock: Finally wrider got a bike. :P :wink: Since you are a fully trained mechanic getting the bike running smoothly should be a piece of cake for you.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#119 Unread post by Wrider »

I've already figured out the problem without even hooking up a working battery! hehehe Turns out someone let the magic smoke out of the resistors in the CDI box. Stupid magical smoke, once it's out you can't get it back in.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#120 Unread post by Wrider »

Figured I'd post in here so I didn't clog up the "What did you do today?" thread.