Four wheeled Motorcycle...its brilliant!

paul246
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Male

Four wheeled Motorcycle...its brilliant!

#1 Unread post by paul246 »

There is no such thing as a bad motorcycle.

Honda XR650L Dual-Sport

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Re: Four wheeled Motorcycle...its brilliant!

#2 Unread post by Wrider »

Seems quite a bit like a Piaggio MP3 with two rears versus one to me...
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#3 Unread post by jstark47 »

Hmmph. :disgust:

Motorcycles have two wheels. If stability is needed, attach a sidecar. It it's got more than two wheels to start with, it ain't a motorcycle, it's something else. My two cents.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

paul246
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#4 Unread post by paul246 »

Wrider wrote:Seems quite a bit like a Piaggio MP3 with two rears versus one to me...
The article mentions that the same company that designed the MP3 for Piaggio also did this, so yes, they are definately closely related.
There is no such thing as a bad motorcycle.

Honda XR650L Dual-Sport

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#5 Unread post by High_Side »

jstark47 wrote:Hmmph. :disgust:

Motorcycles have two wheels. If stability is needed, attach a sidecar. It it's got more than two wheels to start with, it ain't a motorcycle, it's something else. My two cents.
At least it leans.....which is something I could never get my head around with a sidecar....

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#6 Unread post by dr_bar »

It's the type of engineering that the Canam Spyder needs...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

Gunslinger
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2006/Suzuki/SV650

#7 Unread post by Gunslinger »

Suweet. Now I can buy something that my motorcycle can do with twice the parts on it at double the cost. I like what one person said, "I need this like a dog needs a bicycle." And good luck taking this to your local dealer when you need service. If you are that damn worried about stability stick with your cage. I really like new ideas and "out of the box" thinking, but this seems to fill some sort of odd niche that doesn't exist.:?

csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2012/Harley Davidson/ Iron 883 Ember Red

#8 Unread post by csspostal »

an iPod when it first came out was an odd niche that didn't exist look at it now. Stop looking at it from an expirienced rider point of view. For a new rider think of it as training wheels get them used to basic leaning mechanics while not worring so much about stability or falling over in a turn. Once they feel comfortable take the training wheels off and go with a two wheeled machine. Or an elderly rider that may not have the coordination they once had unlike a trike, spder or side car it still gives you the ability to lean like regular motorcycle. An automatic transmission could aid in learning for new riders the disabled or the elderly as well. Another possible use is for disabled people former riders or new ones. The stability of four wheels could give a former rider that doesn't currently have the use of his legs or a person who has never had the use of their legs to get back to riding or riding for the first time. If god forbit I'm ever in an accident again or I'm lucky enough to live long enough to need one of those electric scooters I'd buy this first because its cooler :)
RhadamYgg wrote:I must have a sign on me that says "Never mind, he doesn't need vasoline."

Gunslinger
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2006/Suzuki/SV650

#9 Unread post by Gunslinger »

You're quite right csspostal, points well taken. I should have thought about that a little bit more before I posted. Although the taste is bitter I'm not above eating some crow once in awhile. :cheers:

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#10 Unread post by Wrider »

csspostal wrote:an iPod when it first came out was an odd niche that didn't exist look at it now. Stop looking at it from an expirienced rider point of view. For a new rider think of it as training wheels get them used to basic leaning mechanics while not worring so much about stability or falling over in a turn. Once they feel comfortable take the training wheels off and go with a two wheeled machine. Or an elderly rider that may not have the coordination they once had unlike a trike, spder or side car it still gives you the ability to lean like regular motorcycle. An automatic transmission could aid in learning for new riders the disabled or the elderly as well. Another possible use is for disabled people former riders or new ones. The stability of four wheels could give a former rider that doesn't currently have the use of his legs or a person who has never had the use of their legs to get back to riding or riding for the first time. If god forbit I'm ever in an accident again or I'm lucky enough to live long enough to need one of those electric scooters I'd buy this first because its cooler :)

Not quite true, I had an MP3 player long before the iPod came out, the only difference was that the iPod had a ton more memory.

Besides if that niche was begging to be filled the Spyder would be selling a lot more as would the Piaggio MP3.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha